Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 22, 2007 01:23

And the best Rainbow game was the Ubisoft Montreal developed Rainbow Six 3, and so Vegas is in good hands.

....Really?!

The GRAW Series is fantastic, I' ve got no doubts about Red Storm' s skill as a studio, but I can' t stand Rainbow Six:3. The crap team AI alone is enough to make me want to kill something cute.

Rainbow is not dumbed down. 1headshot kills, 2-3 body shots kill(realistic when you consider body armor.

True, although you can' t look at body armor as the shield system from Halo. I want to meet the person who is not knocked flat on their ass, and green in the face from getting shot wearing kevlar. I know you know this, but people assume that wearing a kevlar vest means you deflect bullets like Superman himself.
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 22, 2007 01:27

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

The GRAW Series is fantastic, I' ve got no doubts about Red Storm' s skill as a studio, but I can' t stand Rainbow Six:3. The crap team AI alone is enough to make me want to kill something cute.

Developed by Ubi Soft' s Montreal studio, in close collaboration with Ubi Soft' s Red Storm Entertainment,

http://www.raven-shield.com/demo.php

Yes, really.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 22, 2007 01:46
I' ll give it a second shot.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 22, 2007 01:48
Still, Red Storm made Americas Army: True Soldiers. So until they redeem themselves, they are garbage.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 22, 2007 01:50
Sorry Eddie, i though you were saying that Ubisoft Paris (Red Storm) had developed the game.

As for the AI, ...it wasn' t great but it wasn' t terrible.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 22, 2007 01:54

Still, Red Storm made Americas Army: True Soldiers. So until they redeem themselves, they are garbage.

Thats for fuck all sure...
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 22, 2007 02:01

Sorry Eddie, i though you were saying that Ubisoft Paris (Red Storm) had developed the game.

As for the AI, ...it wasn' t great but it wasn' t terrible.

No biggie.

I think my biggest problem was that I' d played the first 2 Rainbow Sixes, and then didn' t have anything worth playing 3 on (No way in hell I' d touch the PS2 version, & I' ve mentioned before how abysmal my old PC was), and then winded up playing the Vegas demo before I' d touched 3. I definitely didn' t play it when it was new & amazing.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 22, 2007 04:03
Ah!

Well, it came out before Half Life 2, which was a sort of mini revolution for AI, ...but in 2003 it' s wasn' t bad.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 22, 2007 05:31
I know the want to expand the audience, but niche gaming is dying out. I want something uniqui, there is a lot of deja vu these days.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 22, 2007 06:33

Ah!

Well, it came out before Half Life 2, which was a sort of mini revolution for AI, ...but in 2003 it' s wasn' t bad.

Yeah, well, I missed that the first trip around as well.

I know the want to expand the audience, but niche gaming is dying out. I want something uniqui, there is a lot of deja vu these days.
Which genre isn' t getting a little stagnant these days?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 22, 2007 06:40
Sex sims with proper lifelike add-ons...dude devs need to get in on it soon...
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 22, 2007 15:32

Which genre isn' t getting a little stagnant these days?

Creativity isnt totally lost, look at SoTC and Okami. Mass Effect might not be totally new but its a mix of things we havent seen before, and good rpgs are rare. I just dont see the point in making all FPS games so a like.

I hate that every single game is copying Halo' s regeneration system. In Rainbow your meant to die when you take a bullet or two, you can now take as many as you want if you just duck and wait. This is especially bad in mp, bring back the gimp!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 officially announced for March 2008 - Nov 24, 2007 00:01
I' ll give you that, the platforming genre does spit out an amazing title every once in a blue moon, however it' s really getting pushed to the side this generation in favor of hyper-realistic games like Rainbow Six and Call of Duty.

Not to say that I don' t love RS and CoD mind you, but when 9 out of 10 platformers in a generation are movie tie-ins...

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message