Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3!
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 99
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3! - Jul 11, 2006 20:15
Yeah it' s great that it pleased some of you guys with it' s non aesthetic approach - the problem is it' s not really selling so well ...hmm maybe some people care about the looks a bit more.

If they marketed it as a Game oriented PC - it would be cool , but consoles are always meant to be sweet and hip electronic devices.

Everyone thought DS will be crushed by PSP cause it looked clunky and now DS Lite comes out, it owns PSP in all areas and sells like crazy.

The thing is - you can make 360 in a good looking way with well designed visual style of OS and other details , but it' s MS, your typical PC company.They never had style - look at apple Mac OS X -how much style it has and when you see some windows apple skin - you know it' s apple, it' s got that cool style with subtle variations.

Xbox 360 is so totally MS - Power over stability and design.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 11 Jul 06 12:17:56 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3! - Jul 11, 2006 21:01
Do you just constantly talk shit?

No style?

Everything, especially Windows is made to be customizable. While XP has very few default visual settings (appearance), it' s highly customizable.

The above images are from Vista, and this is from XP...

...so the actual " design" and " look" of the dashboard matters not, especially when it looks nice by default anyway...

...and everything from the background to the menu' s are/is customizable...

...and the machine itself is hardly fucking ugly...

...and you can' t tell me you' re bothered by it' s size...

Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3! - Jul 11, 2006 23:56
*To the above*

Ouch. Way to get a point across.

If I ever hear a fanboy say the 360 is uglier than the PS3, I won' t shoot them, I will shoot myself, yes that probably is the dumbest thing to do, but it shows that
the world has gone mad.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3! - Jul 12, 2006 00:09
gangsta gone crazy.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3! - Jul 12, 2006 03:19

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

Everyone thought DS will be crushed by PSP cause it looked clunky and now DS Lite comes out, it owns PSP in all areas and sells like crazy.

The DS was already outselling the PSP by boatloads BEFORE the redesign. And, I don' t know if you considered a minor issue that could be of importance to a select few gamers: GAMES! I think that MAY have had a little more to do with the DS outselling the PSP than the aesthetics (though, I think the PSP looks WAY better than the DS. Yes, even the DS Lite!)

What' s wrong with the 360s stability or design?
< Message edited by Chee Saw -- 11 Jul 06 19:22:37 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3! - Jul 12, 2006 09:17

Yeah it' s great that it pleased some of you guys with it' s non aesthetic approach - the problem is it' s not really selling so well ...hmm maybe some people care about the looks a bit more.

If they marketed it as a Game oriented PC - it would be cool , but consoles are always meant to be sweet and hip electronic devices.

The thing is - you can make 360 in a good looking way with well designed visual style of OS and other details , but it' s MS, your typical PC company.They never had style - look at apple Mac OS X -how much style it has and when you see some windows apple skin - you know it' s apple, it' s got that cool style with subtle variations.

Although i think the 360 is nicely designed..I agree with this.. totally understand where ur coming from..

f3hunter

RE: Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3! - Jul 12, 2006 09:22

though, I think the PSP looks WAY better than the DS. Yes, even the DS Lite!

DS lite? ..i suppose they are two totally different styles of designs.. But as a ' Handheld console' , the Lite' s design is soo much better.
f3hunter

RE: Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3! - Jul 12, 2006 09:34

No style?

More like Apple-mac-wannbe style.

It' s funny cos looking at the best example screenshots.. VIsta and the actual 360 console you can tell without doubt that MS were Apple/mac influenced... but still dosent look as stylish as the real thing.

I agree with Gansta even more now.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3! - Jul 12, 2006 10:13

I will shoot myself, yes that probably is the dumbest thing to do, but it shows that the world has gone mad.

You should shoot yourself twice, you know, to see if it hurts more the second time.
Tiz

RE: Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3! - Jul 12, 2006 20:40

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

I will shoot myself, yes that probably is the dumbest thing to do, but it shows that the world has gone mad.

You should shoot yourself twice, you know, to see if it hurts more the second time.

Agreed.. I' ve always wondered if that was true.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3! - Jul 13, 2006 00:10

Everything, especially Windows is made to be customizable. While XP has very few default visual settings (appearance), it' s highly customizable.

Well actually shit is what MS is uploading to your brain Majik - all those customizations for XP (and I have many installed) are from 3rd party devs , not MS.

Honestly though - I really respect things that don' t need my customizations to look cool...

I' ll tell you something - you can make a custom 360 shell and faceplate from adamantium alloy and diamonds, but you won' t be making one for Wii.
Think about it boy.

Vista huh? Well I' ve heard someone saiyng something about " not judging things you didn' t try yourself"

It' s obvious that all those improvements to Vista are something that Apple users took for granted for years.

And I don' t care about 360' s size - it' s the terrible design.I don' t give a fuck if it' s better than the worst console design ever (xbox) - I want more than that.

If I ever hear a fanboy say the 360 is uglier than the PS3, I won' t shoot them, I will shoot myself, yes that probably is the dumbest thing to do, but it shows that
the world has gone mad.

All I see is MS fanboys talking and honestly the world' s gone mad if people who brought you windows have fans...

The DS was already outselling the PSP by boatloads BEFORE the redesign. And, I don' t know if you considered a minor issue that could be of importance to a select few gamers: GAMES! I think that MAY have had a little more to do with the DS outselling the PSP than the aesthetics (though, I think the PSP looks WAY better than the DS. Yes, even the DS Lite!)

That wasn' t my point - everyone knows it' s the software , but everyone and their mother were predicting PSP to win (cause of those nice looks) - maybe you don' t remember that but it truly was this way.
Now people who didn' t like that design see DS Lite and no reasons for not buying one.

gangsta gone crazy.

:)

You need to read more games related content if you are to understand some posts I suppose.I' ll give you a clue - stability and design could be connected , but it' s uncertain at that time.But you' re a lucky bastard -your Oblivion was perfect therefore your 360 should be the best unit on earth :)

Good for you :)
I bet you like your 360 design better that Tyra Banks in Victoria' s Secrets lingerie

F3hunter - it' s good to hear someone understanding this :)
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3! - Jul 13, 2006 00:30

quote:

Well actually shit is what MS is uploading to your brain Majik - all those customizations for XP (and I have many installed) are from 3rd party devs , not MS.

Honestly though - I really respect things that don' t need my customizations to look cool...

I' ll tell you something - you can make a custom 360 shell and faceplate from adamantium alloy and diamonds, but you won' t be making one for Wii.
Think about it boy.

Vista huh? Well I' ve heard someone saiyng something about " not judging things you didn' t try yourself"

It' s obvious that all those improvements to Vista are something that Apple users took for granted for years.

And I don' t care about 360' s size - it' s the terrible design.I don' t give a fuck if it' s better than the worst console design ever (xbox) - I want more than that.

quote:

the world has gone mad.

All I see is MS fanboys talking and honestly the world' s gone mad if people who brought you windows have fans...

quote:

That wasn' t my point - everyone knows it' s the software , but everyone and their mother were predicting PSP to win (cause of those nice looks) - maybe you don' t remember that but it truly was this way.
Now people who didn' t like that design see DS Lite and no reasons for not buying one.

quote:

gangsta gone crazy.

:)

quote:

You need to read more games related content if you are to understand some posts I suppose.I' ll give you a clue - stability and design could be connected , but it' s uncertain at that time.But you' re a lucky bastard -your Oblivion was perfect therefore your 360 should be the best unit on earth :)

quote:

I bet you like your 360 design better that Tyra Banks in Victoria' s Secrets lingerie

Thats just wrong in every way gangsta. Some fanatic MS hater has put things into your head´, and you seriously need to look at that! Im serious!!

Here look at this, it might be able to help

Help for Gangsta
< Message edited by vx chemical -- 12 Jul 06 16:32:34 >
Nitro

RE: Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3! - Jul 13, 2006 00:39
Note to Gangsta, the original Playstation (i won' t get ito the dearth of PS2' s early hardware problems) has over-heating issues, constantly locked up and in some cases would only work if you turned it upside down.

New technology brings problems. It' s not that big of a deal! Oh, and before you get into how Nintendo hardware never has problems, early N64 models froze due to memory errors and the N64 pad' s analog pad wasn' t built to last and eventually broke and the Gamecube suffered from disk-read errors early in it' s life.
Tiz

RE: Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3! - Jul 13, 2006 00:43

Does that mean you liken your DS to " Tyra Banks in Victoria' s Secrets lingerie" ?

Just a question.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3! - Jul 13, 2006 00:45
What I don' t get in this forum sometimes is how some people (not pointing fingers) are quick to call the ' ' fanboy' ' fanfare then in defense come off no better or less off. Quite simply put the only next gen console out there at the minute is the 360 so it' s likely that it' s gonna have it' s share of people giving feedback and in my opinion there' s nothing wrong with that just like there' s nothing wrong with people waiting for sony and nintendo to submit theirs. what I find a bit double standard like sometimes is the need to convince people what to get with use of insults and slurs aimed at a particular company to sway people.

All I wanna know though is how can someone get so heated over someone' s choice of a console? unless it was some kinda joke and I missed the punch line.
Nitro

RE: Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3! - Jul 13, 2006 01:29
I hope that wasn' t directed towards me!

Quite simply put the only next gen console out there at the minute is the 360 so it' s likely that it' s gonna have it' s share of people giving feedback

Anyhoo, Gangsta doesn' t have a 360 he' s simply going off what he read on sites like IGN and Gamespot. If somebody can' t make their comments based on first hand information, then how could they expect those who CAN to take any notice of their 2nd and 3rd hand drivel?!

< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 12 Jul 06 17:33:52 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3! - Jul 13, 2006 02:46
I can' t visit videogame stores anymore. Everytime I see one of those 360' s I just want to buy one. I' m afraid I might actually do it and blow all of my Wii money.
I don' t know what you guys think but I really love the design of the 360. It' s great. I just want to hug it when I see it...
Tiz

RE: Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3! - Jul 13, 2006 02:49

I can' t visit videogame stores anymore. Everytime I see one of those 360' s I just want to buy one. I' m afraid I might actually do it and blow all of my Wii money.
I don' t know what you guys think but I really love the design of the 360. It' s great. I just want to hug it when I see it...

BUY IT!!!

We need to form Team Kikizo, and respectable non-conformists like you and
Gangsta are preventing our Armada from invading Chinese Waters.

Just do a couple of paper rounds in your native Sweden to make up for the money
burnt on a 360.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3! - Jul 13, 2006 02:52
Um.. even though I like videogames I' m actually not good at playing them...
I' ll probably get the whole team killed .
Nitro

RE: Ps3 interface taken from behind doors in E3! - Jul 13, 2006 02:53

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

Dude...

...it' s calling you!

< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 12 Jul 06 18:55:25 >
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 99

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages