Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 Price Cut????????
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
PS3 Price Cut???????? - Jul 14, 2007 00:37
Ok, so what the hell does this mean? We will get a price cut on the 60gb model which we all wanted and then they aren' t going to be selling it anymore? That leaves the 80gb model at $599 then. So my question to you then is, where the hell is the price cut in the long run? Was this only a one month time price cut?

LINK
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PS3 Price Cut???????? - Jul 14, 2007 00:45
Of course we got a price cut. You wanted to buy a 60GB PS3? A month ago it was $600. You want to buy one now? It' s $500.

It' s pretty simple. What you could buy for more money last week, now costs less money.

They introduced a newer, (not worth the extra $100) model to goad the stupid into coughing up that extra benjamin.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: PS3 Price Cut???????? - Jul 14, 2007 01:01
" According to SCEE president David Reeves, the now-cheaper 60GB PS3 will be sold out in the US by the end of the month."

Thats alot of consoles considering all they do is gather dust on a walmart shelf
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: PS3 Price Cut???????? - Jul 14, 2007 01:05

Ok, so what the hell does this mean? We will get a price cut on the 60gb model which we all wanted and then they aren' t going to be selling it anymore?

there is a misunderstanding in your sentence, They will not stop selling the 60Gb Model.
mastachefbkw

RE: PS3 Price Cut???????? - Jul 14, 2007 01:06
" All they' re doing is taking their stock in trade that they' ve got at the moment of the 60GB model, marking the price down and it will all be gone by the end of July."

That says it all
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: PS3 Price Cut???????? - Jul 14, 2007 05:33

Following a flurry of confusion, the matter was apparently settled by none other than Sony Computer Entertainment' s president and CEO. Speaking to Norwegian game-news outlet VGTV, Kaz Hirai said in no uncertain terms that the 60GB version is being phased out.

" From a hardware perspective, the $499 price adjustment we did for the 60GB version for the American market, we' re no longer in production for that product," he said in an on-camera interview. " Once that product is gone from the retailer shelves, then we' re back to a $599 SKU only, so it' s not like we have a two-price strategy in the US market. We found out very early on how consumers react to having just one SKU as opposed to two."

Buh bye to the 60 gig $499 model hello to the 80 gig $599 model...I guess I will just keep waiting before I buy one. Then again the $499 was only somewhat tempting anyways.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 13 Jul 07 21:34:02 >
mastachefbkw

RE: PS3 Price Cut???????? - Jul 14, 2007 05:49
I know what you mean. The slogan could be " Hey, Its almost affordable to the average house hold"
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PS3 Price Cut???????? - Jul 14, 2007 06:49
Peter Moore explained it best. There was no price cut.

They are simply adding more value (in terms of storage space) to the existing price points.

It' s a good thing, but not as drastic as it probably needs to be.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3 Price Cut???????? - Jul 14, 2007 07:10
Basicly what is happening is like Nitro said, no long term price cut. The 60gb model will stay at the 500 price untill it runs out of supply, Sony arent manufacturing that sku anymore.

As they said, they learned with the 20gb that two sku' s dont work

The 80gb model with motorstorm will take its place, for 599. Which still is a saving, But i would have perfered if they kept the 60gb model and the price low.

Europe isnt getting the 80gb model, mainly becuase they want to introduce the software emulataion into the Us and other Countrys, something which we already have. But Europe is getting a ps3 pack [60Gb] with resistance and motorstorm and another controller [which will need replacing after the shockaxis is out , thats why I am not buying another one yet]. Still europe is getting a good deal in my eyes, I paid a 100 more than that price for resistance and motorstorm and didnt get a second pad, those 3 add up easily to 100, so I guess your getting something more.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: PS3 Price Cut???????? - Jul 14, 2007 09:40
wow just wow, i didn' t believe canadagamer when he said it , i thought he was mistaken... BECAUSE THAt' s FUCKING RIDICULOUS
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: PS3 Price Cut???????? - Jul 14, 2007 09:45

From a hardware perspective, the $499 price adjustment we did for the 60GB version for the American market, we' re no longer in production for that product

Then once that is gone no more 60HD PS3' s.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: PS3 Price Cut???????? - Jul 14, 2007 09:56
I don' t understand how people can be upset about this, if they want a cheaper PS3 they can have one now.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 14 Jul 07 1:57:20 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message