Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 OFFICIAL: COD4 maps this spring
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: OFFICIAL: COD4 maps this spring - Feb 06, 2008 07:26
Good.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: OFFICIAL: COD4 maps this spring - Feb 06, 2008 07:57
I hope they are free . If not I hope there like in some sort of value pack like halos maps.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: OFFICIAL: COD4 maps this spring - Feb 06, 2008 08:20

I hope they are free . If not I hope there like in some sort of value pack like halos maps.

Activision? Doing something free??? I' ll cut my own tongue if it turns out they won' t charge anything and I am just maligning them!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: OFFICIAL: COD4 maps this spring - Feb 06, 2008 09:27
They' ll be charging, and I' ll be buying, finances permitting.

They' ve never let us down with map releases before.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: OFFICIAL: COD4 maps this spring - Feb 06, 2008 10:59
My guess is two map packs, one free and the other 800 MS pts($10) or one 400 MS pts and the other 800 MS pts. It' ll probably be between 6 and 8 maps, only 3 or 4 of which being good.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: OFFICIAL: COD4 maps this spring - Feb 06, 2008 14:06
Nothing will be free initially... maybe months later.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: OFFICIAL: COD4 maps this spring - Feb 06, 2008 15:18
Nobody beats Epic as far as free expansive content and support for older titles go(I don' t count Gears because MS had their money hungry hands on it).

That said, I will most definitely buy the map packs regardless of cost or my personal beliefs. CoD4 is easily my favorite online FPS in many many years. Pretty much since the hayday of Unreal Tournament, Quake III and CS Beta 1.0 through 4.1 and to a lesser extent 6.1

Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: OFFICIAL: COD4 maps this spring - Feb 06, 2008 17:13
the maps will become ' free' eventually when released with a game of the year version. however thats not much use to current owners. Still I will get these and will have to try and learn them like the others.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: OFFICIAL: COD4 maps this spring - Feb 07, 2008 03:37

the maps will become ' free' eventually when released with a game of the year version. however thats not much use to current owners.

They' ll be free online after a few months, like almost all DLC content.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: OFFICIAL: COD4 maps this spring - Feb 07, 2008 22:11
As long as the content is developed after a game has launched not during (EA) the developers are completely OK to charge.

Unless people actually don' t want the working conditions of average level games industry personell to continue to improve? Or want to motivate new talent to go and work for such companies?

Heres a nice equation in case anyone needs a refresher..

developer makey makey = consumer payey payey

And it has always been thus.

Perhaps the arguament here should be as to how much of a cut is arrange with a publisher and how much a studio decides to fold back into studio tech and title development.

Of course a couple of maps or mods can always be free, thats nice, great publicity and a good way to boost sales figures of the full title. But if the work is substantial (say over 10% of a titles retail content) I' d say they it' s only fair we contribute something?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: OFFICIAL: COD4 maps this spring - Feb 08, 2008 00:22
If Activision were to release anything free, it would be one map, with a large (3 or 4 map) release simultaneously, set at a similar price point to their earlier releases.
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: OFFICIAL: COD4 maps this spring - Feb 08, 2008 07:48

If Activision were to release anything free, it would be one map, with a large (3 or 4 map) release simultaneously, set at a similar price point to their earlier releases.

Which is quite a possibility considering their new competition to create a multiplayer map and the best gets to get in the new DLC. It also might be a timed free thing like the stuff on live fire weekend awhile back.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll