Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back"
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 22, 2008 00:51

Epic Games’ president, Mike Capps, reiterated what Epic has previously said in an interview with IGN, stating that Epic won’t ever be developing games for the Wii. It’s not about the success of the platform to him, but what can be done on it. When asked whether there would ever be a time when Epic would be forced to give in and create a game for the Wii, Capps said, “no, we go forward, not back. It makes more sense for us to invest in the next-generation tech.”

As for why he believes the Wii has become so popular, he says it’s like a virus that just keeps spreading:

It’s a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they’re like, “Oh my God that’s so cool, I’m gonna go buy it.” So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they’ve showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. Obviously there’s a class of people who really love it and enjoy it and are getting into the games but I’m still waiting for that one game that makes me play it.

Some in our forums have shared a similar sentiment regarding games for the Wii (at least this year), but others are very excited about the upcoming games for the system. It seems that in many cases it may just be personal taste.

Capps also talks about everything from Gears of War 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, and Unreal Tournament III to the comics, paying for weapons, and Wii Fit, so if you want to hear more of what he has to say make sure to read the rest of the interview.

Well damn. I had my hopes up for UT ThWii too.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 21 Apr 08 16:53:03 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 22, 2008 01:01

t’s a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they’re like, “Oh my God that’s so cool, I’m gonna go buy it.” So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they’ve showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on.

my god thats exactly what it is!
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 22, 2008 01:41
ITs not a Virus, it' s a Trend and no Games system would ever Be popular without being Trendy, 360, Ps3 included

Epic Games’ president, Mike Capps, reiterated what Epic has previously said in an interview with IGN, stating that Epic won’t ever be developing games for the Wii. It’s not about the success of the platform to him, but what can be done on it.

OR what you cant do with it, isnt that right Epic

Vx Chemical

RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 22, 2008 01:59

OR what you cant do with it

Yeah, too many limitations!
Virtua fighter 5

RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 22, 2008 02:07

Yeah, too many limitations!

Yes, that why they never made game for the last Nintendo system either!!
Vx Chemical

RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 22, 2008 02:49

whats your point? they didnt make a ps2 game either!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 22, 2008 03:13
<3 Epic' s PR.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 22, 2008 08:43
The wii is the worst console ever to grace these 15 years, crap after crap after crap being releasd on the system with no end on sight, my thought exactly, i' ve been an infected victime, now it' s sitting on the desk, rarely being played.

i don' t play 95% of its games even if its free for me, let alone paying any money for that bullshit, wii mama , wii cook, tennis poo, WTF ? PS2 has its load of crap games but it had a stellar library of high quality games. the wii is now a target for easy money and that' s all there is, much like the cell phone market , a load of bad games and it sells... this has been forseen in a sort of way but not that extent, and i fucking hate nintendo for getting away with it, that time in which developers invest could be used to polish other games on the 360/ps3, we could see a total focus without any disturbance.

i' m also surprised and thank god that developers didn' t put their flagship titles to the most sold console, that would be a disaster and a true stepback to the industry, the control alone DOES NOT make it.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 22, 2008 09:04
I played the GameCube way more than I played the Wii during the same time frame. Most of the games I play on the Wii are the Virtual Console games.

Kinda funny how during the course of the last generation the original Xbox was by far my least played console followed by the DS... I played tons of PS2, GameCube, and PSP..

This generation the Xbox 360 has gotten more playtime than the PS3 and Wii combined. Also I' ve been playing the DS alot, moreso than the PSP -- ever since getting the DS lite.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 22 Apr 08 1:18:53 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 22, 2008 09:44
While my 360 has gotten a lot of playtime, the console I' ve used the most is definitely the original Xbox. Once you mod it, it' s godly.
locopuyo

RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 22, 2008 09:58
360 can do all of that with winamp remote. Provided you have it networked with your PC of course.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 22, 2008 10:01

The wii is the worst console ever to grace these 15 years, crap after crap after crap being releasd on the system with no end on sight, my thought exactly, i' ve been an infected victime, now it' s sitting on the desk, rarely being played.

God it' s fast becoming the opposite For Me.. Wii is an exciting platfform, the best ive ownt since Dreamcast.. Way more exciting than Ps3/360 IMO, most 360\ ps3 games bore me, i know what to expect before i even play them.. And for technical Woo' s, forget it... After owning Crysis it frankly says goodbye to any immersible technical heights 360/ps3 can never achieve so i mainly look for fresh game mechanics to feed my gaming interests..

i' m also surprised and thank god that developers didn' t put their flagship titles to the most sold console, that would be a disaster and a true stepback to the industry, the control alone DOES NOT make it.

I wouldnt call Bringing in millions of new gamers with a new control scheme and no HD graphics a ' step back' , thats a silly thing to say. We were all new /casual gamers once. And its ' not' just about putting flagship games on a system, its about creating games that cater for that system or taking full advantage of it (in terms of it' s features, control and/or Power)..

Pro Evo 8 Wii is fast becoming my fave and truely best experiences ive had from this generation, easily. With SMG its the only game where i feel the core game mechanics has been raised to new hieghts. Funny how thats one of the only Big 3rd party franchises that was made from ground up for the wii

Anyone read that whole Interview BTW? He didnt like Ninja gaiden Because it' s Too Hard? Probably won' t buy GTA4 becuase it' ll be Too Big? Really.. PR people ...

locopuyo

RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 22, 2008 13:31
You make a real good argument there....
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 22, 2008 13:47

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

360 can do all of that with winamp remote. Provided you have it networked with your PC of course.

It can' t do homebrew. Homebrew > all.
locopuyo

RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 22, 2008 13:48
yeah i forgot about the homebrew and emulators
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 22, 2008 17:24

Way more exciting than Ps3/360 IMO, most 360\ ps3 games bore me, i know what to expect before i even play them..

You didn' t know what to expect from Galaxy, Brawl, Mario Kart, or Metroid? They are all essentially the same as the games that preceded them.

And for technical Woo' s, forget it... After owning Crysis it frankly says goodbye to any immersible technical heights 360/ps3 can never achieve so i mainly look for fresh game mechanics to feed my gaming interests..

So a single game means no other games can be impressive eh? A single FPS means that games like Warhawk, LittleBigPlanet!, Gran Turismo, Motorstorm, Halo3(replay theatre) GTA4 + many many more cannot be technically impressive?

For as many new and exciting games/idea' s that the Wii offers, the ps3 and 360 offer as many or more, with better graphics and far superior online features.

Vx Chemical

RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 22, 2008 18:04

For as many new and exciting games/idea' s that the Wii offers, the ps3 and 360 offer as many or more, with better graphics and far superior online features.

it is a lost cause!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 22, 2008 19:38

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

whats your point? they didnt make a ps2 game either!

No, they just had Digital Extremes port one.

In fact, the only console game Epic touched themselves last gen was Unreal Championship II for Xbox. The rest were outsourced.

However, since Epic and Digital Extremes co-developed all of the Unreal games (console and PC) except UTIII... you could argue that Epic had just as much to do with the PS2 and Dreamcast ports as Digital did.

Vx Chemical

RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 22, 2008 20:35

No, they just had Digital Extremes port one.

oh yeah UT was so early in PS2 lifespan i forgot about it
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 23, 2008 01:05

I' m in love with Winamp Remote. I want it to have my children someday.

It does have an issue I' m currently trying to work through. I can get about half an hour through any video, and then I' ll get some extreme slowdown, combined with the audio dropping out of sync, and the audio itself getting deeper (I' d never heard that on digital, I' m used to things just skipping). I don' t know if it' s a buffer issue, or what, because all the source material is just fine playing on my PC.

I primarily use it for music though, so it' s not that big of a deal in the first place.

It can' t do homebrew. Homebrew > all.

Homebrew > All on a PC.

The Xbox is nice for emu stuff, but I prefer a PC. It' s only going to take so much time before last gen gets some seriously solid emulators, and there' s no way you' re running that on custom Xbox firmware.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message