Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Music Collection - Which Medium Do You Play The Most/Prefer?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Music Collection - Which Medium Do You Play The Most/Prefer? - Jun 17, 2005 05:48
I can remember back to when vinyl records were in use. I remember 3-speed record players that played standard albums, 78' s, and 45' s.

Then came 8-track players, cassette players, and CDs...and currently, ipod-like devices.

I used to have a few albums, then came my sizeable collection of cassettes, and now CDs rule my world.

Though I really like CDs, I did like the fullness and richness of the vinyl album experience.

Cassettes were a nice bridge between albums and CDs, but they went bad way too easy.

What' s your preference and/or which medium do you play the most?
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 17 Jun 05 14:34:20 >
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Music Collection - Which Medium Do You Play The Most/Prefer? - Jun 17, 2005 09:02
My tastes include everything BUT Rap and Heavy Metal. Love that old classic Rock & Roll, Celtic, Classical, Instrumental, Pop, Disco, Country (old and new), Raggae, Blues, Big Band, and yes, even some Opera.

*I still have my 8-track player and tapes, and all my albums.*
< Message edited by Sharon -- 17 Jun 05 17:24:51 >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Music Collection - Which Medium Do You Play The Most/Prefer? - Jun 17, 2005 09:32
MP3 player. Never skips and can store a ton of music on it.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Music Collection - Which Medium Do You Play The Most/Prefer? - Jun 17, 2005 10:17
Lately for me it' s been my iPod exclusively. I bought an FM transmitter for it, so now no matter when I want to listen to music I use it. It' s my home stereo, car stereo, and portable stereo.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Music Collection - Which Medium Do You Play The Most/Prefer? - Jun 17, 2005 10:28
Mini-discs all the way baby! It' s the closest to CD quality sound out of the other portable audio devices, and if I wanna double or triple the amount of songs each disc can hold in Standard mode I can opt to utilize the Long Play modes for more MP3-ish quality sounds! Either way I WIN!!!1!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 17 Jun 05 18:29:32 >
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Music Collection - Which Medium Do You Play The Most/Prefer? - Jun 17, 2005 11:13

Either way I WIN!!!1!

Except that no body in the world uses mini discs, and it' s one step away from being Beta
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Music Collection - Which Medium Do You Play The Most/Prefer? - Jun 17, 2005 11:23

Except that no body in the world uses mini discs, and it' s one step away from being Beta

I don' t care about other people using it as I' m perfectly happy with the format:)
I purchase game music CDs and transfer those suckers over to mini-disc, the perfect marriage!
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Music Collection - Which Medium Do You Play The Most/Prefer? - Jun 17, 2005 16:46
I like MP3' s. My player is crappy though, so I generally stick to listening to them on the computer or in CD form.

I miss cassette tapes..... I ruined a lot of them though. They were so easy to break.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Music Collection - Which Medium Do You Play The Most/Prefer? - Jun 17, 2005 17:29
Like Terry, I use MiniDisc. It' s freakin' great for the car and for listening to with headphones (as long as you have a non-Sony unit). I have a Sony uit hooked up to my computer for titling and whatnot, and that' s the only one I have that can play the newer funky LP tunes or whatever they are. My Sharp portable works great for the most part, but I think soon it will need to be replaced with another non-Sony portable (Sony portables are just too quiet even at max volume). I also have a deck with a CD and MiniDisc player bult in that copies CDs to MD at 4x.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Music Collection - Which Medium Do You Play The Most/Prefer? - Jun 17, 2005 17:56
my phone plays mp3' s [nokia 6230] so i am happy with that. and a nice 512mb MMC card at the back gives me enough room to put whatever i want on it. Huurah! and the headphones are very good quailty [unsuall for a free extra thing you get with the phone]

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll