Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mrs Doubtfire 2 in the works
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Mrs Doubtfire 2 in the works - Nov 19, 2004 14:39

Mrs. Doubtfire isn' t finished yet. Eleven years after the Robin Williams drag comedy appeared on the big screen, a sequel to the hit film is in the works at Fox.

Williams is in early talks to reprise his role as Mrs. Doubtfire, and to resume producing duties with his wife, Marsha Williams. Bonnie Hunt also is in talks to pen the project.

In the original, directed by Chris Columbus, Williams played an estranged father who poses as a Scottish nanny, Euphegenia Doubtfire, in order to get access to his children and successfully bypass his ex-wife ). The film grossed $219 million domestically.

The film garnered two Golden Globes in 1994, one for best picture (comedy/musical) and one for Williams as best actor in a comedy/musical. The film also won an Oscar for best makeup for Williams' elaborate transformation into a frumpy, bespectacled older woman.

Williams' recent credits include David Duchovny ' s " House of D" and Christopher Nolan' s " Insomnia." The Oscar-winning actor has just been announced to receive the Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement at the Golden Globes on Jan. 16.

Reuters
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Mrs Doubtfire 2 in the works - Nov 19, 2004 15:37
Excellent! The first one was hilarious
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Mrs Doubtfire 2 in the works - Nov 19, 2004 15:49
Oh my gosh... no way?? I loved the first one I still watch it all the time it' s just so funny. I hope part 2 is good too but I doubt it.. HAH!
bradley harper

• Total Posts : 172
RE: Mrs Doubtfire 2 in the works - Nov 23, 2004 16:21
I loved the Movie and every thing but How is mrs Doubtfire gonna come back this time. last i remember the Crossdresser got back with his wife. and thus has no more reason to dress up as Doubtfire. unless shes doin it for pleasure or money.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Mrs Doubtfire 2 in the works - Nov 23, 2004 17:49
I thougth the movie ended with them still seperated however Williams character got his own TV show or somin...Ihavent seen it in a long time Ima have to go dig it up.
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Mrs Doubtfire 2 in the works - Nov 25, 2004 00:03
Yeah they were still seperated and he had his own succesfull show that aired on TV to keep Mrs Doubtfire alive. Also he now has permission to take his kids after school and everything is still OK except the marriage.
bradley harper

• Total Posts : 172
RE: Mrs Doubtfire 2 in the works - Nov 30, 2004 23:47
hmph now i dont know. i hadent seen it since 4 ever it seems.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Mrs Doubtfire 2 in the works - Dec 01, 2004 13:09
I am all for it, as long as the original character actors are in it.

Otherwise, I will say that they waited way too long to do the remake.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 12/1/2004 1:10:05 PM >
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Mrs Doubtfire 2 in the works - Dec 08, 2004 04:31
i guess the real question is....can he fool his wife again?
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Mrs Doubtfire 2 in the works - Dec 08, 2004 13:47
Bought your tickets online already the.ben??

Ok, let me quell the level of excitement here, and grab a hold of sanity for everyones sake. A sequel to Mrs. Doubtfire?!!?!?!? Are you freaking serious hollywood????? I' m sorry, but some movies just do not need sequels. Heck, most of the movies who have them don' t need them, but when we have to start rehashing our comedies cause we can' t think of anything new, it' s time to pick up a book. I can hardly wait till My best freinds wedding 2, or the thrilling sequel to Sleepless in Seatle. For all the money these movie companies are making I think we deserve better.
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: Mrs Doubtfire 2 in the works - Dec 09, 2004 03:05
the first one was funny....but i was much younger then. I don' t know how much i' d look forward to this. i dunno....i guess that might just be me.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll