Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Microsoft To Lose First Party Title???
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 45
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 11, 2007 04:52
LINK

Too Human
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 11, 2007 05:38
God i hope so.

choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 11, 2007 05:56
Cue 2pac and his Darth Vader impression, " Noooooo!"

How sure are you its Too Human? Didn' t they have a trilogy planned and everything!
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 11, 2007 05:58
was that sarcasme? i think it' s too human as well, what else can it be ? but too human is a second party title , not first is it ?

if too human is considered a first party title, then Banjoo 3 has as much chance to be canceled.
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 10 Nov 07 22:00:20 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 11, 2007 06:42
Doesn' t first party mean a MGS owned developer? Silicon Knights is not first party from my understanding. Just 2nd or 3rd.

I' d have to agree with aba and say it' ll be something to do with Rare. Banjo 3 may sound likely.

edit: http://www.banjo-kazooie.com/ seems to just redirect to the Rare main webpage. All mention of Banjo Kazooie 3 has been removed from the Rare website.
< Message edited by UnluckyOne -- 10 Nov 07 22:52:37 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 11, 2007 08:37
Alright guys, place your bets.

I' d have to agree with aba and say it' ll be something to do with Rare. Banjo 3 may sound likely.

It wont' be anything by Rare, I' ll bet money on that. Read over the article again:

A big Microsoft first-party title that has been in the works for a very long time that people are very excited for, sounds like it' s being canceled.

Silicon Knights have been fiddling with Too Human now for almost 3 years on the 360, and 8 or 9 years with the idea itself, and frankly any interest I had in the basic concept is lost. It' s clear they couldn' t get their act together with UEIII, an engine that imagine that, seems to work just fine for most other developers, and they' ve shown time & time again that the mess of code they' ve written is at best, sketchy. The game also has a much bigger following than anything Rare' s working on at the moment, which makes it a prime candidate for a canceled game that " people are very excited for" .

Banjo is so far under the radar at this point, it doesn' t have much more than a moderately small (albeit vocal) following. Too Human' s my bet.

That' s only moderately interesting, but like I said, all interest I had in Too Human is now gone. This was the far more interesting piece of news anyhow.

And a Microsoft executive who' s pretty high up, who' s been a voice for the company, sounds like he' s on the way out. (1:58:11-1:58:37)

If I didn' t know who was dishing out the info, I' d have said Shane Kim to be honest.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 11, 2007 09:23
eddie, that was my first bet but silicon is not a first party developer, or is it ? that' s the question that should be answered.
Nitro

RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 11, 2007 11:01
Yeah, first-party generally means in-house so it' d have to be a MGS game if that' s what they actually mean. So we' d be looking at:

Fable 2
Banjo-Kazooie 3
Lost Odyssey
The Untitled Peter Jackson Halo Project
Halo Wars

However, MGS is acting at the publisher for several big non-Microsoft developed games, and they could easily mean 360 exclusive rather than first-party. That' d make Alan Wake, Too Human and Marvel Universe Online possibilities.

Too Human has had the most development trouble, so if they hadn' t said " first-party" i' d have put my money on that. With everything they' ve had going on, including their court case with Epic, it wouldn' t be too far fetched for the game to be cancelled.

I wouldn' t like to think that Banjo could be cancelled, although after the massive Viva Pinata, Perfect Dark and to a lesser extent Kameo flops, it' s within the realms of possibility. But after spending so much to aquire Rare, and with Banjo being a much anticipated title, i kinda doubt it. Kameo 2 maybe, but Banjo? Surely not.

Fable 2 is a possibility. The studio was going down the pan before Microsoft bailed them out and we haven' t seen much of the game at all. It could be BC all over again. If they do mean first-party then Fable 2 would be where my bet lands, otherwise i' d have to go with Too Human or Alan Wake...
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 11, 2007 11:10
As long as it' s not Fable 2...
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 11, 2007 11:14
Not Alan wake,the developers themself recently said that they never show anything of max payne either until it was almost done,and has nothing to do with them not showing the game yet

And no,its not fable2,it sold ca 2 million copies,no way MS would not release a game like that.

never.

First of all,remember this is a rumor,who says its true?
And if true,perhaps its viva pinata2 or future Too human titles.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 11 Nov 07 3:15:22 >
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 11, 2007 12:02
Too Human , canceled ??

It cannot be Fable 2 , i mean its development seems to have been going on smoothly . It has to be alan wake or too human ..
< Message edited by 2pac -- 11 Nov 07 4:08:23 >
Grant Delmore

• Total Posts : 76
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 11, 2007 12:41
Damn whatever it is thats alo' t of time to waste.
2pac

RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 11, 2007 12:50
It aint alan wake . Confirmed here -> Scratch Alan Wake off the list .

It isnt fable 2 either . One of the guys from dev team confirms it . .

Seems it isnt Banjo either . link

Now that i think of it , too human is supposed to be coming out early 2008 . Isnt it a bit too late to cancel a game now . I mean , wouldn' t it make more sense if MS just puts the game and out and just try to sell as much copies as it can .
< Message edited by 2pac -- 11 Nov 07 5:16:38 >
Grant Delmore

RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 11, 2007 13:03
Yeah it doesnt sound very buisness wise to cancel a game youve already spent alot of money on.
Im thinking maybe a game is infact being cancelled but it isnt a major one, I mean rumors usually get blown way out of proportion.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 11, 2007 13:44
wait.... a new guy who is logical? Welcome to kikizo
Grant Delmore

RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 11, 2007 13:54
Thanks ;) Ive known about this site for a while, Well since that long MGS:TS Trailer came out and this was the only place i could watch it, I recently remembered this site and came to find a great interview with the creators of Ninja Gaiden, I read every word of every page. ;)
That was enough to plant the site back inside my head :P Contributing to this is the fact IGN is not working very well for me and the people there are really annoying, Also they banned me from commenting for no reason almost a day after i bought a subscription there :\ That was kinda the last straw and i don' t plan on visiting there forums ever again.
But yeah, Enough off topic chat.

I dont really have much more to add to my last post so i will leave it at that.
Nitro

RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 11, 2007 20:20
Welcome grant. Good to have you with us.

Well, this makes me wonder whether Microsoft aquired the Too Human IP...
2pac

RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 11, 2007 22:01

ORIGINAL: Nitro
Well, this makes me wonder whether Microsoft aquired the Too Human IP...

You really want too human to be cancelled , huh ?
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 11, 2007 22:49
Welcome!

ORIGINAL: Grant Delmore

Yeah it doesnt sound very buisness wise to cancel a game youve already spent alot of money on.
Im thinking maybe a game is infact being cancelled but it isnt a major one, I mean rumors usually get blown way out of proportion.

It doesn' t sound good for business but it wouldn' t be the first time this happens. I' ve seen games before that had been developed for 3-4 years but suddenly got cancelled. The developers were annoyed of course but the people at the top decide in the end. One game I' m thinking of now is Sega' s (surprised? ;) ) Shenmue Online. It has cost over 20 million dollars already if I' m correct but it seems as if it' ll never be released the way things look now.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Microsoft To Lose First Party Title??? - Nov 12, 2007 00:39

ORIGINAL: ys

It doesn' t sound good for business but it wouldn' t be the first time this happens. I' ve seen games before that had been developed for 3-4 years but suddenly got cancelled.

To the big ones with the most money it doesn' t matter if the game is like 40% finished or 95%. If they decide the game isn' t coming out, it just isn' t coming out. They might have liked the idea at first but later on if they don' t like it anymore they can just stop it from being released.

Yes it does sound like a lot of money that' s being wasted. But also keep in mind.

They' d rather hold it back and just have lost xxx amount of money instead of releasing a game that they think might harm the image of the name of the company and their platform.

If you look at it from a purely business stand point it' s actually better to hold back and cancel a title than to actually release it and have it dragging your name down. That' s how they look at it. A good image sells well, something that has things to drag it down sells less.

So in the end they prefer to lose the money it cost them to develop the thing, than losing more money because their perfect image has been shattered.

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 45

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message