Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mass effect got 9.75/10 from gameinformer!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Mass effect got 9.75/10 from gameinformer! - Oct 12, 2007 01:43
First review of ME

Some direct quotes:

" Concept: One of the greatest science fiction stories ever told, and a new benchmark for video game storytelling"

" Graphics: Every second of gameplay offers the visual quality you have come to expect from Final Fantasy cutscenes"

" Sound: One of the most memorable and unique soundtracks in gaming. It' s inspired by ' 80' s sci-fi, yet sounds like nothing you' ve heard before. The game also features an amazing ensemble of voice actors"

" Playability: Fun and functional, but something always seems to be amiss with the AI and Balancing"

" Entertainment: An expansive quest (18 to 30 hours) that toys with your emotions and keeps you engaged"

" Reply Value: High"

" Mass Effect shares a similar design to Bioware' s previous work on Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Jade Empire. However, by comparison, both of these remarkable games now seem like test runs."

" The gameplay is certainly fun, and it controls admirably, but it doesn' t live up to the large stage the story sets

" You' ll want more from it, but by no means does it hold the experience back, nor does it make you wish you were playing something else. In fact, I think you' ll agree that Mass Effect is one of video games' greatest treatures."

" It sounds like a perfect game. And it comes damn near close. The one thing that might turn a few people off is the combat, which has a lot of little nuisances that take a while to get used to. When they all come together the action is breathtaking."

" Bioware' s epic also has the richly detailed environment of Gears of War, the deep exploration of Oblivion, and a fictional universe almost as compelling as Star Wars"

" Characters convey realistic emotions, their lip-syncing is perfect to the point that they don' t seem like CG creations, and they all have little quirks that you attribute to being alive."

They also said it has the best Sci fi story since Star wars. I don' t have the mag so I can' t give any more details.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Mass effect got 9.75/10 from gameinformer! - Oct 12, 2007 01:49
wow that' s certainly good news, but didn' t they give bioshock a 10 ?
and:

" Graphics: Every second of gameplay offers the visual quality you have come to expect from Final Fantasy cutscenes"

i think that' s exagerated.
QuezcatoL

RE: Mass effect got 9.75/10 from gameinformer! - Oct 12, 2007 01:52
I dont,since I said the cutscenes sometimes is the best looking graphic I ever seen.

And it doesnt matter if they gave Bioshock 10/10.

Gamespot gave tony hawk 2 - 10/10

IGN gave Jade empire 9.9/10.

Sometimes they give bad scores,but then again,what has been shown from ME that has said it isnt a 9.5/10 game atleast?.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Mass effect got 9.75/10 from gameinformer! - Oct 12, 2007 01:55
my point is if they gave bioshock a 10, i will hope for mass effect to be a 10 as wel , but whatever , the game is set to be amazing.
QuezcatoL

RE: Mass effect got 9.75/10 from gameinformer! - Oct 12, 2007 01:56
Bioshock is a fps.

ME is a rpg.

A rpg cant get 10/10.

Some gave OB 10/10 but they were pc fags.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 11 Oct 07 17:56:53 >
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Mass effect got 9.75/10 from gameinformer! - Oct 12, 2007 02:02
It should be good.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Mass effect got 9.75/10 from gameinformer! - Oct 12, 2007 02:46
Can' t wait. This and Bioshock were the main reasons I got a 360. Though now that I have one, I will most likely pick up games like CoD4 and HL2 on it instead of the ps3. Sports games as well, because I won' t support morons who can' t make proper ps3 versions.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Mass effect got 9.75/10 from gameinformer! - Oct 12, 2007 03:52
Badass.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Mass effect got 9.75/10 from gameinformer! - Oct 12, 2007 03:54

ORIGINAL: Dagashi

Can' t wait. This and Bioshock were the main reasons I got a 360. Though now that I have one, I will most likely pick up games like CoD4 and HL2 on it instead of the ps3. Sports games as well, because I won' t support morons who can' t make proper ps3 versions.

CoD4 eh?

I' d probably actually hold off making that decision for a couple of weeks...
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Mass effect got 9.75/10 from gameinformer! - Oct 12, 2007 03:54
Sold some stuff so i could preorder ME the other day, the special edition was only slightly more so i got that. roll on 23rd of november
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Mass effect got 9.75/10 from gameinformer! - Oct 12, 2007 05:51

CoD4 eh?

I' d probably actually hold off making that decision for a couple of weeks...

Now why would you say something like that Nitro? :)

Sorry, couldn' t get the smiley face to work so I used the gay colon and bracket.
< Message edited by canadagamer -- 11 Oct 07 21:52:22 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message