Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Nov 29, 2007 23:37
Now parts of this will be in Abus thread, and some parts wont.

Here are my complaints after completing the game. Its definetly the best game for me this year, but it doesnt mean its perfect. I wont go into the technical details, the bugs, framerate and texture pop ups are ofcourse obvious.

- The mini games are thin and pretty needless. If they were going to make a mini game they could atleast have made a bit of an effort and went the way Oblivion does the lockpicking. Pressing a combination of buttons in sequence is dumb beyond reason, id rather it was an invisble die roll.

- Mini games when surveying minerals is even even worse, there is no conseqeunce when failing why not just have it be a success instantly?

-Unmapped planets are hardly more than a textured noise map, there are no landmarks, such as rivers, craters, rocks.

-Mapped planets are straight and narrow corridor, could have been more open, they are intresting to look at though.

-Meaningless collection quests? why mine minerals and search for different scriptures and medals, as far as i know it does nothing, if it would onlly unlock a rare item of some kind it could be considered worth it.

-Uninspiring bases and research stations, an effort could have been made to make the different bases for the extra missions seem to have a real purpose, ínstead of just being littered with boxes and crates. The layout did work fine for some nice shoot outs though it doesnt mean they have to be bland.

-I dislike the inventory system, im not sure why, i think id prefer seeing a return of the system from earlier Bioware titles, so you cant carry as much as you want, have to do some inventory management, this would allow you to up the sell price of items. Also when you pick up an upgrade which is better than one you currently hard, auto convert to Omni gel for the lesser item would be good, maybe gui to help you decide what rules you want for it.

-Merchants have nothing i want. i bought 3 items during the course of the game, finished with over 2.000.0000 credits

I can think of more right now, though im sure there is.

Now what would i like from Mass Effect 2!

-It would be cool to meet some races from the terminus systems, some hostile invasion from them, the Geth were pussies, reminder me of the drones from starwars.

-More biotics, need new powers and some of the powers in ME are way overpowered. i could use Singularity and wipe everything out. Maybe some power bolts ot shoot, time slow. ground erruptions.

-More weapons, and they shouldnt look all the same. All pistols in ME are the same except for texture. Where are my rockets?

Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Nov 29, 2007 23:52
man, you could just leave it over there , same thing, now we have to follow both threads unless one of them dies. well pretty much what you said is what i read on other forums, so it can' t be wrong, i played only the main quest but i would love to replay the game and do some side quests, unfortunatly it seems like it' s not worth it, not worth it as of leaving other games and replay the thing.
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 29 Nov 07 15:53:52 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Nov 29, 2007 23:59

not worth it as of leaving other games and replay the thing.

Its definetly worth it, and you can to build up your power so your insane in the end, nothing could stop me. i even got out of the Mako to take down the Geth Colussus because it was easier on foot.

im going to replay it again now, though not as insanely intense as iv just done it. I put in 30 hours, and i reckon i got 90% of all side quests, with the exception of dumb gathering quests.

Ill be a sadistic male soldier this time through
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Nov 30, 2007 05:29
Chemical,there is certain stores,and certain req like levels to be meet to buy certain weapons/armor that COST ALOT OF MONEY,like a rifle with 370 dmg etc,lots of cool stuff to buy at later levels,and they cost very very much money.

What I want them to add in ME2 is basically the same stuff,but perhaps some more exploration in the planet,like for ex in Kotor you could land on a jungle planet and explore it,here its more like a hi-tech super base youyr insde all the time,and the planets you can visit outside are just deserted.

I like the equipment system though,but dislike the 150 item thing,pissed me off more then once.

The bugs,etc were annoying too,but I dont expect them to fix it,not because of being lazy,but not being able to figure out how too.

I hope they also add in Ashley,Wrex and Kaiden for the sequel,Wrex and Ashley espcially need to be in ME2.
I also look forward to flight combat in space,that could be really cool,instead of just more mako actions.

Now Bioware promised DLC to be good,and they also admitted working on it during the ME development,so hopefully we get new colonies or planets like Noveria etc,and not deserted junk planets with like minerals on it,and just some enemies to fight.

I want a real package deal,its okay if its costly,but it should be something similiar to Oblivion then.
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Nov 30, 2007 05:51

Chemical,there is certain stores,and certain req like levels to be meet to buy certain weapons/armor that COST ALOT OF MONEY,like a rifle with 370 dmg etc,lots of cool stuff to buy at later levels,and they cost very very much money.

I was level 48 at game completion, and the only item, i found worth cash was a nice krogan armor. Now i didnt go flying around the planets to look at stores at other places, i just shopped around the Citadel and my pathetic ordance guy in the Normandy
QuezcatoL

RE: Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Nov 30, 2007 06:02
I have for ex a rifle with 378dmg and a shotgun with 370 dmg,you got that kind of stuff?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Nov 30, 2007 06:02
So did you buy the licenses for the guy in your ship so that he could acquire better items? If you didn' t that would explain why his inventory sucked. Last night I bought an assault rifle off the guy for 220,000 credits and the damage was maxed out. I think I did somewhere around the same for a shotgun too. I' ve still got a million and a half credits and I' m level 35. Still have at least one other planet to go I believe.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Nov 30, 2007 07:07
I found that my half powered up pistol and marksman ability was enough to take down most bad guys in a few shots (apart from the Krogan dudes). Even accurate enough to snipe with!

Usually didn' t need to buy power ups since most of the good stuff was lying around in random crates for some reason!

Yea if there were more populated worlds with towns and cities to explore, and you could discover rare armour/weapons/power ups etc from certain shops. That would make the side quests and exploring more interesting.

Also could make the different guns and armour look distict from each other as VX said, instead of just different skins.

Maybe it wouldn' t have fit on a DVD9...
QuezcatoL

RE: Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Nov 30, 2007 07:20
That claim make no sense,so you mean if they had more size on the disc the game would have more gameplay on it,that would mean atleast that the game wouldnt have been out today,right?

So dont pretend like the game would have been out today with more material if they had more size on the disc,like they done nothing for months.

If they wanted more space they would have use a 2nd dvd,and just let you sawp disc half through.

MS isnt keeping anyone from it,like with LO which MS publish which will have 4 dvds.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Nov 30, 2007 07:23

Yea if there were more populated worlds with towns and cities to explore, and you could discover rare armour/weapons/power ups etc from certain shops. That would make the side quests and exploring more interesting.

that' s kinda what i was hoping but not expecting, i always wondered how are they gonna model all those planets each had a LARGE city or two, that needs a lot and a lot of work, time and space. i don' t think the install base is big enough for that kind of budgets., so i have faith in the upcoming mass effect, most of the work has been done, and by the time of release the install base will be bigger and therore developers can allocate a bigger budget.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Nov 30, 2007 08:12

That claim make no sense,so you mean if they had more size on the disc the game would have more gameplay on it,that would mean atleast that the game wouldnt have been out today,right?

So dont pretend like the game would have been out today with more material if they had more size on the disc,like they done nothing for months.

If they wanted more space they would have use a 2nd dvd,and just let you sawp disc half through.

MS isnt keeping anyone from it,like with LO which MS publish which will have 4 dvds.

Heh, I was trying to be funny with that last comment... but it didnt work.
QuezcatoL

RE: Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Nov 30, 2007 08:22
I kill you fool.

The only way to reedem yourself is to join me and my volus people to take over the world.
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Nov 30, 2007 15:33
I started buying licenses a bit late in the game, but he never had anything worthwhile (it actually took me half the game to go visit the engine room lol, i hadnt noticed the elevator)

In anycase, my pistol was a Razor IX i think, with 240damage, all my riffles and shotguns were over 320 though not quite 370, but it wasnt really needed. Just equip tungsten or shredder ammo, when your fighting synthetics or organics and they just drop dead.

ME kills oblivion and none believes should see that all RPG games should have a strong storyline like ME.

Another thing that would have been great, which i hope they will do for ME2, is make opposing storylines and factions, say two factions are at eachother and you can choose side, one will yield bonuses the other wont have. That would really make a game replayable.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Nov 30, 2007 21:46
No one has mentioned saved games carrying over.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Nov 30, 2007 22:47

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

No one has mentioned saved games carrying over.

What, you mean like to ME2? That' s already been confirmed. I was told that when I had a sit down with Bioware at E3 2006 and they showed the playable game for the first time. That was planned from the beginning. No worries there.
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Nov 30, 2007 22:52

What, you mean like to ME2? That' s already been confirmed. I was told that when I had a sit down with Bioware at E3 2006 and they showed the playable game for the first time. That was planned from the beginning. No worries there.

Id prefer if they didnt do this. I wouldnt mind if it was a start over thing, with sherpard taking a major role.

How do you control whether you finish at 40 or 60? what level would you start in?

it will complicate things to carry characters over.
immortaldanmx

RE: Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Nov 30, 2007 23:43
Not so much levels, inventory etc., but story points, like who died and who you saved.
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Nov 30, 2007 23:53
That wouldnt be as complicated to carry over, just record both voices, might offset the balance some, as Ash was a soldier and Kaiden was a biotic tech. how would you replace both types with just one slot?

I killed Ash since i was more relaint on kaiden for his medic and first aid
immortaldanmx

RE: Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Dec 01, 2007 00:43
You wouldnt need to replace both with 1 slot. Have a new character that could replace either, depending on who died the character would have different specialties. Or just have 2 replacement characters and you' d only get 1.
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Dec 01, 2007 00:51
in any case id rather not play shepard.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages