Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mass Effect Review
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Mass Effect Review - Nov 19, 2007 22:39
Eurogamer isnt too impressed with it, but reading the most of the first page, and part of the conclussion makes me think the reviewer doesnt really get it.

If he rates the combat in ME poorly, how on earth can a FF game get anything but 5?

lINK

Ohh and its an 8
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect Review - Nov 19, 2007 22:42
IGN goes for 9,4

Team Xbox goes for 9,6

These two make me believe the Eurogamer guy didnt know what he was reviewing, though i cant say untill friday because of stupid delayed euro launch (even if it just is 3 days, fuck em)
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Mass Effect Review - Nov 19, 2007 22:45

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Eurogamer isnt too impressed with it, but reading the most of the first page, and part of the conclussion makes me think the reviewer doesnt really get it.

If he rates the combat in ME poorly, how on earth can a FF game get anything but 5?

lINK

Ohh and its an 8

Who gives shit what the reviewer thinks ?? I am gettin Mass Effect but i gotta wait for 10 more days . Fuck you Microsoft for making me wait
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Mass Effect Review - Nov 19, 2007 23:44

The Scores...

Eurogamer: 8/10

Electronic Gaming Monthly: 9/10, 9/10, 9.5/10

IGN: 9.4/10

Game Informer: 9.8/10

Team Xbox: 9.6/10

CVG: 9.0

OXM US: 10/10

1up:

Gamespot:

Kikizo:

Video Reviews...

IGN

Gametrailers

< Message edited by Nitro -- 19 Nov 07 15:55:08 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Mass Effect Review - Nov 20, 2007 00:59
After Playing it, i can understand why some Press are let down by the combat TBH. Aslo Framerate issue' s are quite bad at times too.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Mass Effect Review - Nov 20, 2007 01:21
well in really few occasions, it didn' t bother me at all. what annoys me is the textures pop-in, that' s a plague in many UE3 games.
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 19 Nov 07 17:26:34 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Mass Effect Review - Nov 20, 2007 01:23
In all fairness, this is probably the most ambitous game in a long time and to still manage to pull off most things and get such good all-round reviews. Bioware have achieved Wonders.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 19 Nov 07 17:25:13 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Mass Effect Review - Nov 20, 2007 01:30

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

In all fairness, this is probably the most ambitous game in a long time and to still manage to pull off most things and get such good all-round reviews. Bioware have achieved Wonders.

Bear in mind [and i know you shouldn' t have to] that some of the issues will likely be patched via XBL. Whether they can smoothen out the framerate or minimize the texture loading or not - we' ll have to wait and see, ...but the game is pretty epic and has the best art direction [i adore well-done sci-fi] i' ve seen for years.

Mass Effect actually shows just how much more epic Halo 3 could, and should have been. If you look at the amazing character models and environments in Mass Effect, the lighting, the particle effects and weather systems etc... and then you go and look at Halo 3, ...well... It' s pretty bad.

QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Mass Effect Review - Nov 20, 2007 01:42
Gametrailers gave it 9.6/10

Eurogamer likes to play special,same site which gave Halo 8/10 to xbox.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Mass Effect Review - Nov 20, 2007 02:55
What does the japanese think of this kind of game? I' d really like to know how Famitsu scores it.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Mass Effect Review - Nov 20, 2007 03:01
Aba and Virtua, since you both have the game, are the framerate issues as bad as some of the reviewers are saying? The texture pop in doesn' t bother me since I got used to it so much with Gears of War.

Anyway, can' t wait til Friday to pick up my copy of Mass Effect!!!!
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect Review - Nov 20, 2007 03:49
frame rate drops doesnt really bother me in a game like Mass Effect, the story segments take the front seat before combat and action.

Besides that, i cant figure out what im going to play yet.

Either a male soldier

or a female Adebt.
Abasoufiane

RE: Mass Effect Review - Nov 20, 2007 04:01

Aba and Virtua, since you both have the game, are the framerate issues as bad as some of the reviewers are saying? The texture pop in doesn' t bother me since I got used to it so much with Gears of War.

definitly not, only in heavy fire that the framerate drop to 20 fps or 15 for a couple of seconds , it' s nothing, i repeat it happens only when a lot of smoke , fire and many enemies are on screen which is far from frequent.... i get pissed really fast and i didn' t really pay attention to that, just enjoy the game , even the tearing isn' t bad...
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: Mass Effect Review - Nov 20, 2007 04:04

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Either a male soldier

or a female Adebt.

But soldiers can' t use bio-powers and no man wants to play as a girl if he can avoid it...

Vanguard looks pretty cool.
Abasoufiane

RE: Mass Effect Review - Nov 20, 2007 04:08
i' m playing as a vangard , using BIo/weapons.
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect Review - Nov 20, 2007 04:10
I will play both male and female at one point, since its different each time. I dont mind playing female characters, at times i prefer it. Guess it depends on the kind of game im playing.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Mass Effect Review - Nov 20, 2007 04:16
You just want to have some lesbian alien sex.

Anyway, I just hope somebody in Europe breaks the street date. Don' t want to wait till friday. Friend of me got the game already last week (Because he is downloanding ' em) and he keeps raving about how this is even better than the first KotOR. Just 4 more days...
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Mass Effect Review - Nov 20, 2007 04:30

quote:

definitly not, only in heavy fire that the framerate drop to 20 fps or 15 for a couple of seconds , it' s nothing, i repeat it happens only when a lot of smoke , fire and many enemies are on screen which is far from frequent.... i get pissed really fast and i didn' t really pay attention to that, just enjoy the game , even the tearing isn' t bad...

Thanks a lot, that really all I needed to know. For some reason in the IGN review, I got the impression that the framerate issues made the game less of an experience then it should.

Damn, now I really can' t wait!!!!!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Mass Effect Review - Nov 20, 2007 07:35
As a general rule, I don' t trust the industry' s review of a game. I see too many parallels to the CNN Effect.

One person reviews a game, the masses hear it right away thanks to the internet, and the reviewers decision-making abilities are influenced by the earlier reviews, and the publics reaction.

Not to say that the game is anything but great, but I put more weight on what people here have to say about it than almost anyone in the industry.

I' m going to wait for impressions from certain members here. Y' all know who you are.
Abasoufiane

RE: Mass Effect Review - Nov 20, 2007 08:02
shame on you eddie , so my point of view doesn' t count
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages