Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mass Effect DLC
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Mass Effect DLC - Feb 07, 2008 01:57

Mass Effect DLC Announced
Find out what it is and when it' s coming.
by Erik Brudvig
February 6, 2008 - BioWare and Microsoft sent out word today to announce the first set of Mass Effect downloadable content. The pack, called Bring Down the Sky, is set to release on March 10 at 2AM PST for 400 Microsoft Points (US $5). This is the first in a series of upcoming downloadable content planned for the game that Microsoft claims 1.6 million people have picked up.

The Bring Down the Sky download will introduce a new uncharted world and features the alien race of the Batarians. An extremist group has hijacked an asteroid station in the Asgard system and put it on a collision course with the colony world Terran Nova. It' s up to Commander Shepard to save the innocent civilians. The download is estimated to last roughly 90 minutes and adds a new 50 point Achievement.

Link

super cool! and cheap!
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect DLC - Feb 07, 2008 02:22
Ugly Batarians

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Mass Effect DLC - Feb 07, 2008 02:38
I' ve had the game since it launched but I' m guilty of not even playing it yet. I only played for about ten minutes. I have no excuse, I' m just lazy. It' s weird, i was looking foward to this game for so long and now that I have it I stopped caring, same thing with UT3.

I' ll pick up these downloads anyways. Eventually I' ll get around to playing the game.
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect DLC - Feb 07, 2008 02:57

I' ve had the game since it launched but I' m guilty of not even playing it yet. I only played for about ten minutes. I have no excuse, I' m just lazy. It' s weird, i was looking foward to this game for so long and now that I have it I stopped caring, same thing with UT3.

I' ll pick up these downloads anyways. Eventually I' ll get around to playing the game.

You addicted to COD4 online arent you?
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Mass Effect DLC - Feb 07, 2008 03:02

I did a similar thing, but not to such an extreme. When I bought it I played for about 6 hours, then because I didn' t want to beat the game I didn' t play it again for a week. By that point I wasn' t into the story like I used to be and only played for an hour or so. It took over a month after that for me to pick it back up and finish it off. CoD4 online and all the other good fall releases helped keep me away though.

My only suggestion would be to beat it all at once you start playing it. Taking breaks in between makes it much harder to get back into it IMO.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Mass Effect DLC - Feb 07, 2008 15:50
I' ve done the same thing with OH SO MANY games lately, including Mass Effect. I' m still buying the damn things, though. Just ordered Uncharted, Folklore, and DMC4 from Amazon. Will I play them for more that 10 minutes? Your guess is as good as mine!
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Mass Effect DLC - Feb 07, 2008 16:11
You will save so much money if you can overcome the hysterical urge to buy them as soon as they come out. I can understand it with a few select titles, there are definitely still some I get on day one. But for example although I have missed out on Bioshock so far, I will get it eventually and it' ll be way cheaper than if I got it earlier and didn' t have time to play it.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Mass Effect DLC - Feb 07, 2008 17:44
My problem (if you can call it that) is that my job pays me more than I' m used to spending. You see, I get paid a lot more than I used to, but I have even LESS debt than I had before. So now I just buy sh*t!

There is actually a method to my madness. The debt was paid first, and now I' m buying a bunch of stuff that I want. I' ve got a list that I' m going through, actually. Once that' s done I' m gonna start putting all this money to the side for a house. In about 4 months I' ll be done buying my " toys" and then the saving starts.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Mass Effect DLC - Feb 08, 2008 00:38

You addicted to COD4 online arent you?

I' m waiting to find someone who likes shooters, owns a 360, and isn' t addicted to COD4 online.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Mass Effect DLC - Feb 08, 2008 17:27
only the most blinkered of Halo fanboys don' t like CoD4 amongst 360 owners.
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect DLC - Feb 08, 2008 17:35
COD4 mp is great, it nearly feels like Raven Shield, should just be elimination instead of death match

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll