Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Madden NFL 08 gets 10 points better score by ign for 360!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Madden NFL 08 gets 10 points better score by ign for 360! - Aug 14, 2007 11:25
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/812/812241p1.aspx

8.7 baby!!!

while ps3 7.7 for being 30 framerate lower.

!Sorry for long topic Adam,but wasn' t possible here.

And btw its coming...

Hold on...

.... ready?

11 days left for Blue dragon!!!
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Madden NFL 08 gets 10 points better score by ign for 360! - Aug 14, 2007 11:34
Apparently it' s not just that it runs at 30 fps on PS3, it' s that sometimes it chugs at even lower than 30 fps. There' s no excuse for that... sloppy programming by EA.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Madden NFL 08 gets 10 points better score by ign for 360! - Aug 14, 2007 11:52
Wow, that sucks.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Madden NFL 08 gets 10 points better score by ign for 360! - Aug 14, 2007 13:20
I know a few Sony fanboys (in real life that is) who' ll be whining my ears off and screaming bloody murder because madden got an 8.7 on 360 a solid 8.5 on wii and a 7.7 on ps3.

It' s actually rather humiliating for Sony fanboys that that little white machine is getting a better score than on their much stronger ps3. Well comes to show that in the end not everything boils down to graphics...what so many people seem to think these days.

But seriously going under 30fps on such hardware is unacceptable really.

At times I feel like trying out american footbal...but I don' t know anything about it so never did before.

Is it hard to understand?? and is it any fun...some advice would be welcome. I might get it for my Wii if I feel like it then.
< Message edited by demonoroth -- 14 Aug 07 5:31:22 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Madden NFL 08 gets 10 points better score by ign for 360! - Aug 14, 2007 13:59
That' s not a 10 point difference. That' s a one point difference. Please learn 1st grade math.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Madden NFL 08 gets 10 points better score by ign for 360! - Aug 14, 2007 14:17

At times I feel like trying out american footbal...but I don' t know anything about it so never did before.

Is it hard to understand?? and is it any fun...some advice would be welcome. I might get it for my Wii if I feel like it then.

It is kind of complex... the basics are easy to pick up, but some of the penalties can be pretty obscure and there are certain situational rules that change based on how much time is left. Some people say it' s not as fun as soccer/football, because the action stops between each play. But it' s strategically interesting because the plays you select all depend on where on the field you are, how much time is left, etc. I also think it' s interesting because each team is composed of three groups (offense, defense and special teams) who are specialized (rather than a single player playing both offensively and defensively).

I think it' s somewhat similar to rugby, but I' ve tried watching rugby and I can' t tell what the hell is happening most of the time.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Madden NFL 08 gets 10 points better score by ign for 360! - Aug 14, 2007 17:37
Gridiron is just Rugby for pussies who need to wear armor padding. j/k

Rugby really is quite different from Gridiron. Rugby Union (as opposed to League) is especially much more of a flowing game. I don' t mind watching either really. During the season I often end up watching a few matches on ESPN, usually in the lead up to the Superbowl. I' ve found it fairly easy to understand and enjoy despite it being a very niche sport in Australia.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Madden NFL 08 gets 10 points better score by ign for 360! - Aug 14, 2007 19:22
I prefer union to league, the latter is probably gloser to American football with its limited number of possessions. I used to watch gridiron but I sort of grew out of it. How does Aussie rules compare, that' s meant to be a bit violent isn' t it?
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Madden NFL 08 gets 10 points better score by ign for 360! - Aug 14, 2007 20:21
Yeah Aussie Rules can get vicious at times.

Personally I can' t stand Aussie Rules. It' s the most uncoordinated, ungraceful and least tactical sport I' ve ever seen. Basically you kick the ball between the goals - it doesn' t matter how you get there. Just imagine one big free for all and thats Aussie Rules. For me it' s the most mind numbing thing to watch.

Oh and it' s the only sport I know of that gives you a point for missing the goal.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Madden NFL 08 gets 10 points better score by ign for 360! - Aug 14, 2007 20:32

That' s not a 10 point difference. That' s a one point difference. Please learn 1st grade math.

Yes it is,but I ignore what system IGN use and use the 1-100 system taht goes by numbers like 1,2,3,4 or 87 77 etc.
not 8.7
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Madden NFL 08 gets 10 points better score by ign for 360! - Aug 14, 2007 23:40
Well... not much of a suprise there.

Madden has never been the best game on the market... ever. It' s consistently just shy of being a good game, every single time.

The bigger question is, why would I pay $60 for a game I can play outside for free? Videogames and TV take all the fun out of football if you ask me.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll