Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 2 of 6, messages 21 to 40 of 105
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 18, 2008 03:16
I agree with eddie . If this was such a big deal then they should have recalled the copies of resistance .. Fuck Sony ..
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 18, 2008 03:19

seriously when i read the news , i imagined sony put some genuine arabic verses and mixed it with some pop music for an arabic "ambiance" i was like wtf not again... in that case i would say ban that shit... let me put it to you all that way, Islam for us, curan , the prophete are very cheriched, sacred, respected , it's part of our identity and something we're very proud to have, almost like the best thing we have left. you attack that, and certain people, not extremist, have the urge to defend them as they would if you attack their families.. if somebody talks shit about your mother, in most cases , you wanna break that motherfucker's face, well except if it's Torr's mom, then you're definitly safe Torr doesn't care. When you guys hear you're own country is being slammed even by words, you certainly won't give a friendly welcome. some people have the motherland , some get attached to even monuments, some to their countries and some to their religion.

Why would the Quran and pop music mean that you would have to ban something?

Why is it upsetting to you?

For example with the bomb mohammed

Why is that so offensive to you? Its a drawing, and even someone religous should be able to see and understand why someone could draw something like that?

Religious people (and more muslims than anyone else) go around throwing childish tantrums, because of no reasons, if somebody takes a dumb on the quran, burns it or anything else, why do you feel a need to have something banned or anything, why not just think "ohh im glad, im not the one who did that, so i can get my 70 odd virgins at death"
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 18, 2008 13:43
Because religion is not logical Vx.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 18, 2008 14:07
I know the majority of people here and elsewhere think that religion is illogical and muslims are too uptight and religious people go round throwing tantrums, but is that really what you think?  Or is it just what you've been told?  To be honest I dont know a single Muslim who would go out holding a sign like the one Silent posted earlier. 

Like I said Sony's actions really only show that nowadays people think the majority of Muslims are morons.  And thats fine, I really dont care what other people think... For sure, I certainly wouldn't get worked up by a cartoon or a teddy bear.  I just wish I could convince people of that.

I would say to Sony, please, give me the uncensored version of LBP, give me a little credit!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 18, 2008 16:25
I recorded the song from my copy of Little Big Planet.  In all honesty it's kind of a crappy song.  They should have just said that the reason for the recall is because the song sucks.

Here is the song in question that I recorded from my copy of the game - Careful, it's nearly 7 minutes long. You might like it a bit if you enjoyed The Lion King, though.
<message edited by Joe Redifer on Oct 18, 2008 16:26>
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 18, 2008 17:08
choupolo

I know the majority of people here and elsewhere think that religion is illogical and muslims are too uptight and religious people go round throwing tantrums, but is that really what you think?  Or is it just what you've been told?  To be honest I dont know a single Muslim who would go out holding a sign like the one Silent posted earlier. 

Like I said Sony's actions really only show that nowadays people think the majority of Muslims are morons.  And thats fine, I really dont care what other people think... For sure, I certainly wouldn't get worked up by a cartoon or a teddy bear.  I just wish I could convince people of that.

I would say to Sony, please, give me the uncensored version of LBP, give me a little credit!

Majority of muslims arent morons but you dont need a majority to cause problems . We all saw what the danish cartoons led to.

<message edited by 2pac on Oct 18, 2008 21:05>
Vx Chemical

Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 18, 2008 17:18
I dont know whats going on.

In holland a bank stopped giving out piggybanks so they didnt offend muslims.

In england a kindergarten changed the 3 little pigs tale so they dont offend muslims.

I read more examples of this and its weird.

All muslim kids should be fed with pork when they start in kindergarten. And they should also be fed during the Ramadan (or what ever its called) since it isnt their fault their parents are strange, and their school work shouldnt suffer because of it.

I find it strange that so many people moderate or extremist follow a guy who lived 1500 years ago, who found pigs too dirty to eat pig, but found it okay to screw 9 year old girls.

If someone made those claims today, people wouldnt deem it safe to keep them out with others.
choupolo

Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 18, 2008 17:53
I've said this before, I'm not the most knowledgable Muslim guy around - the pork question I've never been able to give a straight answer about and History was always my weak subject, a lot of evidence just seems like hearsay unless you actually go back in time and see what happened.

And all the examples you give Vx, I feel the same way as I do about Sony's recent predicament.

All I know is that I like a lot of aspects of religion, most of which promotes and encourages tolerance and peace.  I could give lots of quotes and examples of that.  And it just gets me thinking about my life thats all.  I'm not an irrational nut-job.

You see lots of quotes and examples to the contrary in the media because bombs are interesting, but I guess not the other way round because no-one would really be interested if I made a thread about what I think is cool about religion.

Anyway, thanks for the song upload Joe.  I quite like the sound of it, heh - y'know the strings and trumpets etc.  And yes I did like The Lion King!  The first time I saw that was on a pirate TV channel in Bangladesh.. in black and white.. with no sound.  Obviously I saw it properly later on.  

Safe to say, if I'd played LBP with this song in it, I would've been none the wiser about the lyrics, let alone be offended.  If I had understood the lyrics and their association, I still wouldn't have been offended.   *eeyogiyo.. eeyogiyo*
<message edited by choupolo on Oct 18, 2008 17:57>
Vx Chemical

Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 18, 2008 18:22
choupolo

I've said this before, I'm not the most knowledgable Muslim guy around - the pork question I've never been able to give a straight answer about and History was always my weak subject, a lot of evidence just seems like hearsay unless you actually go back in time and see what happened.

And all the examples you give Vx, I feel the same way as I do about Sony's recent predicament.

All I know is that I like a lot of aspects of religion, most of which promotes and encourages tolerance and peace.  I could give lots of quotes and examples of that.  And it just gets me thinking about my life thats all.  I'm not an irrational nut-job.

You see lots of quotes and examples to the contrary in the media because bombs are interesting, but I guess not the other way round because no-one would really be interested if I made a thread about what I think is cool about religion.

Anyway, thanks for the song upload Joe.  I quite like the sound of it, heh - y'know the strings and trumpets etc.  And yes I did like The Lion King!  The first time I saw that was on a pirate TV channel in Bangladesh.. in black and white.. with no sound.  Obviously I saw it properly later on.  

Safe to say, if I'd played LBP with this song in it, I would've been none the wiser about the lyrics, let alone be offended.  If I had understood the lyrics and their association, I still wouldn't have been offended.   *eeyogiyo.. eeyogiyo*

I wish all religous people were like you, it would raise mine, and everyone tolerance towards it.
choupolo

Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 18, 2008 19:05
I think the majority of religious people are, certainly those whom I've met anyway - which is most of my family and many of my friends.  Thats the only reason I feel so strongly about all of this.

And as you say 2pac, its only the minority which spoil things - but if they are a minority, how much do they have to do with the religion in the first place.  These things have as much to do with Islam as they do with many other outside influences.  Poverty, politics, personal experiences etc. 

I was talking to a Lebanese work colleague of mine, and he was telling me about some of his family fighting for the Hesbollah (a group assocaited with terrorism in the media here), intelligent people who were otherwise working as telecoms engineers etc in their former lives before the unrest.  But it was only because in that part of the world, you side with whoever protects you and your family.  Its a matter of life and death, yet its still a complicated affair which I would stand no chance of understanding unless I was them.

So what I'm saying is most of what you see on TV or hear in the media, that gets labelled as 'extremism' or 'islamism' or 'jihadism', may have nothing to do with any.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 18, 2008 21:08
DR evil, Mohammed (dedicaced to VX and the likes)
Fact 1: Mohamed is an analphabet , doesn't write doesn't read.

Fact 2: The revelation of the curan begun when he was 40 year old. (notice the age)

Fact 3: history shows that mohamed was a very respected man, trusty and extremely loyal.

Mohammed “ here I am a 40 years old fuck, sick of this trading job, sick of my family and sick of those rich bastards making money out of pagans, I should do something about that, this city is going down , I should restore some order, MY fucking order, I have traveled enough, seen places and read about religions ,  whoever created religion is a genius , I should come up with something similar and make a revolution, I know it doesn’t sound like me at all, but that’s the trick people will never ever guess that I can make up some bullshit like that …..   fuck I don’t know how to read and write, ooh what am I gonnaa do ? ooooh what am iii gonnna dooo ? i can probably hire a poet or a writer and split whatever we gain at first , then kill the bastard when we’re done …  or I can learn to read and write , should be easy at 40, specialy when I’m trying to write something godly and bunch of famous poets out there. Fuck I can still bribe them as well to shut their mouth.

I should go back to that cave and think deeply about this, and who is this poet who would sound godly and might fool billions of people from all times.

a)     Mohammed  never learned how to read and write. But may be that’s only what history says who knows what he could do.
b)   Mohammed created a cult, a secret order called the fraternity of the matrix, they are extremely secretive and only them could write the coran, ever , like fucking ever.

I’ll go with b for the sake of more stupidity

Mohamed talking to one of the poets:

_ So here is the thing, I need my first soura in a couple of months, that’s when the scheme will begin, make that the 27th of Ramadan, that’s your deadline, make it or you’re dead. Now, I want you to make it sound as godly as you can, there are a lot of famous poets out there. I know we got bunch of them, but those fuckers are so many like the fucking goblins.
The poet is taking notes

_ Second, and listen up , I don’t want you to screw this because it’s one of my so many brightest smartest ideas. For every word "man"  and "woman" , paradise/ hell, good deed , wrong deed, angel/ demons, life / after life ( there are at leaaaaast 10 more  instances) , make them equals  in my book, for exemple if you write the word "woman" 30 times, writes "man" 30 times as well...  and you know what don't ever talk about it in the book, just put it there , i'm sur that centuries later, some retard will write that on a forum , probably kikizo. and put other numerical schemes like that

_ Splendid mohammed, you know I’m good at math, I’ll try to play with the number 19 a bit, should be fun , make some puzzles , you know ? make it mysteeerioooous .

_ about mysterious, put some weird bullshit, put a lot of them and I mean a lot, with enough chance people from the futur will discover something VERY similar to science and will think it's a sign.
_ Brilliant , I’ll do
_ also, we should keep this bullshit for 20 years , now don’t fucking die on me, don’t talk about it ever, i am sure for 20 years we can manage to hide that easily in this village, everbody is dumb,our wives wouldn't know certainly, our friends as well, nobody can know. I forsee the word “intelligence” will be created by the CIA and should begin to show in 20 th century, by the end of this  century,  people like “the VX”…
_ the “VX” you said ?
_ An animal from the atheist family that talks and can easily show everybody’s ignorance. This my friend is our worst enemy. But I would be dead anyway so who gives a fack.
_ Brilliant. Continue .
_ i should hire some historians ,
_ we don’t have money , remember ?
_ I’ll use your sister, I’m evil remember that ??,  they will write they were witness of some miracles, like angels fighting on the side of mujahidine , sound like lord of the ring ?
_ lord of what?
_a cloud casting shades on me whenever i go, and some other  bullshit like that, yeah probably some will not believe, but we only need the majority.
_ I’ll look into that.

_ make sure those historians write some great deed about me , that show how marvelous I am, how great and gentle , how I can raise armies even if I suck, how I can be an emperor from east to west, and don’t mention I’ll be so fucking rich, when I’m dead, write I was dead poor. make everything to the extreme, like I don’t make mistakes ever , eeever. I’m great and second to god.

_ fair enough, but how can we raise armies.

_ when they will believe our book, the best written thing ever created in Arabia, and I’m sure you can pull that off ….  We can also have another soura that promises 50 virgins, or 70 , no 71 virgins to sound accurate once in paradise. I’m sure those ugly bastards will fly to their swords and slice anything that’s on their way.

YEars later, Mohammed, Alias Dr evil , or pedophile to some people , have won hearts of noble men and women, fooled scientists of the time, surpassed the greatest poets and pulled out the greatest scheme that ever graced the earth.  …  Until The atheist Race is born to show light to humanity. Amen.
<message edited by Abasoufiane on Oct 20, 2008 15:09>
Vx Chemical

Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 18, 2008 21:25
Mmmmmm

whats your point Aba?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 18, 2008 21:56

whats your point Aba?
That your tag should be "The VX"
Abasoufiane

Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 18, 2008 22:30
my point is crystal clear.
Vx Chemical

Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 18, 2008 23:31
No its not.

I dont get it.

If anyone else gets it, please enligthen me.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 19, 2008 01:56
Abasoufiane

YEars later, Mohammed, Alias Dr evil , or pedophile to some people , have won hearts of noble men and women, fooled scientists of the time, surpassed the greatest poets and pulled out the greatest scheme that ever graced the earth.  …  Until The atheist Race is born to show light to humanity. Amen.

It's possible you know. After all the "Belgians" have so far managed to make the whole world believe it's an actual country and that we actually eat Brussels sprouts. We also make paintings of a pipe and then underneath it say that it ain't a pipe and people go wild over that shit.

But seriously, religion...sure it's good for you if you can get strength out of it and if you actually believe it. It's your life, you live it however you want. What I always do find a bit hypocritical though is. Religions always go on about peace and tolerance. And ain't it just funny how it's written down in history. That religious men start wars against eachother and don't tolerate people who don't believe in the same god as they do.

It's about time that they practice what they preach. Religion to me is a joke. It's always been a simple way of keeping the masses undercontrol no more, no less.

Atheism ain't a bad thing, only religious people seem to have a problem with that (besides budhism). You don't see atheists go on the streets to protest against this or that. You don't hear of atheists starting wars because another group of people believes in this or that god.

The only religion who has a right to still be talking about peace and tolerance would have to budhism. All the rest are just a bunch of power hungry money grabbing hypocrits.

So what it comes down to is budhists and atheists are the most peaceful ones around and can and are actually based on history allowed to tell any form of religion. "Bunch of hypocrits, shut your piehole, swallow and then blow it out your ass".

Well atleast that's my take on it. As for all religous people here. If you believe that's fine with me and good for you. Just remember to practice what you preach.

And to go back onto the original topic.

It's just plain stupid and rediculous to delay a game for such a reason. If I worked for Sony and it would have been my decision to make. I'd have some damn balls and leave the thing the way it is. I'm sick and tired of everyone having to bow down and change stuff as to not upset the poor muslims. It's a damn song in a game people should really stop being so touchy.

<message edited by Demonoroth on Oct 19, 2008 02:00>
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 19, 2008 06:28
Vx Chemical

Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 19, 2008 08:57
Yeah Agent Ghost. Its sick.

How can anyone think like that?

Choupolo and Aba what do you think about osmething like that, i mean ims ure you dont think he should be killed, but what are womens right? Should you be able to get judged for what you read or think, or even say for that matter?
choupolo

Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 19, 2008 18:29
I would have been out there demonstrating with them!  Did anyone notice the Muslims in the video demonstrating too.  Of course someone shouldn't die for what they believe or think or even be imprisoned for it. 

I can't think of anywhere in the Quran or Hadith where it says this.  I can quote lines to the opposite effect though.  Freedom of speech and democracy is important in Islam too.  Its encouraged to debate and discuss things amicably, not start wars and kill whoever thinks differently.  Womens rights are suppose to be equal in Islam, maybe not the Western definition of equality which wants exact equality in every respect.  We are biologically different and have different needs and functions - but still women are supposed to be able to vote, work, be educated and have all the basic rights of a man.  You can ask many Muslim women in the UK if they feel oppressed by Islam and I can bet they will say they actually feel liberated.  And I accept, in many so called Islamic countries, this does not happen.

The truth is, and this is where ALL the confusion lies, many Muslims dont practice what they preach as Demonoroth says.  What Islam says and Muslims do aren't necessarily the same thing.  Much of the stuff that gets publicised is stuff that countries like Afghanistan are ruling as Shariah law, but are really just their own laws and cultures that have persisted from hundreds of years ago - and nothing to do with Shariah. 

When you go to Saudi Arabia which is meant to be the centre of Islam, there is a lot of racism and elitism, the police and government keep a tight check on everything - and you'd get arrested for the smallest thing, dying your hair for example.  It has nothing to do with Islam and everything to do with the government wanting to keep things their own traditional way, and controlling by oppression.  Meanwhile the royal families go round flaunting their wealth around the world.

What I mean is, dont judge Islam by the practices of Muslims.  I know it sounds rediculous - however I think Islam is just as misjudged by Muslims as it is by others.   And I know its no consolation for those who get screwed over by Muslims exacting actions under the name of Islam, but at least you know that regular Muslims aren't nut-jobs - and more importantly couldn't give a rats ass about some line in a song in a different language in a game about sack-people... that makes sense right?
<message edited by choupolo on Oct 19, 2008 19:53>
Abasoufiane

Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 19, 2008 23:22
Excatly choupolo , actualy i'm very impressed that this is coming from a non muslim.

Take me for exemple , i'm a muslim yes but i don't practie it the way it should be, that's because i'm too lazy for some stuff i should do and some i can't even do it, i don't have that will power... see in this life some want to succeed with an A+, some want just to get by a C would be enough, and some are sitting on the back seats (i'm looking at you atheists) laughing at those students in the front row who put aside all the fun just for their studies. sometimes they are called nerds, jerks, goofy,  socialy inept people and the list is long. 

VX, i thought my point is clear enough, that story i made up definitly sounds crazy and out of place, and cannot happen. if indeed what i wrote is what happened then i can say that islam is the greatest conspiration of all time. but it is not, there are just so many things that show Mohamed as an outstanding, loyal and trusty man. it is , from the various and i say thounsands of "hadiths" from out prophete that we see that, my story doesn't match his character, it's out of character, it's something that can't happen.  

Take for exemple the french doctor who was converted to islam or so it is said...  he discovered that Ramses II has indeed been down and his corpse or mommy demonstrated he was under a huge pressure (the ocean ? ) , but this is where it gets interesting, in The coran god says , we will Rescue you so we can make you as a Sign for your successors (that is us).  when he discovered THAT in the coran he convereted (or so it is said...)  of course 1400 years ago there was no word about mommies in pyramids. so it was left as a mystery until it was discoevered  years ago.

Check out this as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_srsB8QoQa8

How could mohammed knows that? this is unblievable and striking, though unbelievers , atheists will say it's a wild guess, i don't know who they are fooling, a wild guess THIS PRECISE ?? what are the odds for that to happen??  see teh comments for more clarifcations and you will also read some comments that show the epitome of stupidity and more importantly of denial  !

I can understand you guys, you live your life , you enjoy so many things then some random guy asks you to embrace religion like it's the fucking plague, many of you oooh and so many of you KNOW that there might be some truth in there, but Accepting it means changing this good life, some habits, desires, and you are not ready to do so. Then comes your ego, you have been bashing this thing since day one, you won't allow yourself to listen to that" crap" because you think you are too sophisticated for this bullshit. of course you do try to come up with some reasoning like it's fucking math 101 so you can ease yourself that nobody is there , and well if somebody is there, you ould probably ask god forgivness and say it's his fault he wasn't clearer , that you did your homework , and research and religion was not convincing ...  isn't that right everyone ?? this is why we can easily agree on so many ideas, suddently we both seem smart and can criticize on intelectual level , and when soemthing is truly bad or fake we usualy have the same point of view on it. but when it comes to religion we will differ, that's because it affects our identity, who we are and why we are on this earth, this is a very serious question, a random guy like me on the internet has a small chance to persuade you no matter what he says.

The answers are there, NO it's not 100% clear which religion is the right one, i believe it's islam , choupolo might say christianity , but at least we believe in GOD, this is the most fendemental thing that god asks from us, recognition of his being. and then god asks for faith, this is "the game", otehrwise if he showed up , the the game is over isn't it ?  well why making all this "game" ? because he's god and so he want it to be , he has reasons , may be he has no reasons soo what ? he creates you , in the quran he says "in his hand good and evil".

i hope i was clear this time.

Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 2 of 6, messages 21 to 40 of 105

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread