Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - Impressions
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - Impressions - Dec 12, 2007 17:13

This game is garbage. Don' t buy it.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - Impressions - Dec 12, 2007 17:23
is this the point where i say, i told you so?

its sad that they failed though.
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - Impressions - Dec 12, 2007 18:12
Hitman, Hitman 2, Hitman: Blood Money and Freedom Fighters were all good - great.

I temporarily lost interest in the Hitman games after playing Hitman: Contracts, but Silent convinced me to play Blood Money and even though the 360 port was still very much a last generation game... it kicked ass.

The concept behind Kane & Lynch is gold and had they gotten the gameplay right it would have been superb.

I could have forgiven the piss weak graphics, pathetic animations and clunky controls if the combat mechanics and AI had been well implimented. But they' re not, they' re both awful.

The close-aim is almost no help whatsoever - none of the weapons are as accurate as they are supposed to be and you feel like the bullet spread is intentionally wider than it should be. It' s made worse due to the fact that there appears to be no AI whatsoever. Enemies just go to a pre-determined place and fire at you... or they run towards you with complete disregard for their own safety. It' s retarded.

So because i' m in an unforgiving mood... the animations are ripped straight from the Hitman games, as are the controls, and the graphics are worse than those in Hitman: Blood Money. There are a couple of parts that looks cool (the club scene for example) but what could have been awesome is actually dull as fukk.

The idea was great and it' s not like we' re drowning in crime thrillers. Had they put real effort into it the game could have seen real success. It' s a shame.

The better parts are towards the end where it almost feels and looks like your playing Freedom Fighters again... but when i say better i don' t mean good. Better than the trash that is the rest of the game, but not by much.

I wouldn' t even recommend renting it.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - Impressions - Dec 12, 2007 22:05
Maybe it would' ve helped if they also used the money for their " babe-campaign" for the game instead? ;)
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - Impressions - Dec 12, 2007 22:41

Kane & Lynch is an ugly, ugly game

a fired gamespot reviewer
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - Impressions - Dec 13, 2007 01:30

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

Kane & Lynch is an ugly, ugly game

a fired gamespot reviewer

It' s sad really that a reviewer gets fired for speaking the truth.

As for the game...well to me it' s pure crap anyway...just don' t like that kind of games.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - Impressions - Dec 13, 2007 02:15
downloaded the demo... Didnt like it, didnt hatre it.

It sure was 2005 looking though.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - Impressions - Dec 13, 2007 02:45
When I heard the premise and stuff, I was excited. But after all of the critics views and the whole Gertsman incident, I am never touching that game. And most likely any eidos game for that matter. They' re gonna have to do something really groundbreaking if they ever want me to play their games. And even then, I' ll probably still be pissed at them.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - Impressions - Dec 13, 2007 04:00
Played it yesterday. Its just a clumsy game in all aspects. Especially the controls and story/dialogue. It feels half made.

The intro to the story needs more meat, more background to the characters and the situation. The controls are unforgivable, more clumsy than hitman (which weren' t the best) and even less useful.

Really disappointed in IO. I wanted to disagree with the critics, but this is almost as bad as Jericho.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - Impressions - Dec 13, 2007 04:55
Is the online worth anything? Or does that fall under the garbage category as well?

I' m seriously bummed out. I was quite looking forward to at least the multiplayer component.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 12 Dec 07 20:56:02 >
DieHounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 59
RE: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - Impressions - Dec 13, 2007 04:57
So much potential wasted here. Hopefully the sequel will get it right.
choupolo

RE: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - Impressions - Dec 13, 2007 06:43

Is the online worth anything? Or does that fall under the garbage category as well?

I' m seriously bummed out. I was quite looking forward to at least the multiplayer component.

I got it on PC, and searching for games online I found a grand total of 1 server! And it was full! So I haven' t played the mp yet. With noone online, whats the point.

There must be people online on 360 right?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - Impressions - Dec 13, 2007 11:10
Got it on my pc too,gonna do some co-op with my brother this holiday.

Anyway,the aim is pretty bad, I agree...the graphic is ...well okay for a pc game.

The story and dialog is very cheesy and bad,but bad in a good way :P

Love the stupid talking.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - Impressions - Dec 14, 2007 09:18
I got it, played it for about an hour, bought COD4, haven' t played it since. I did sort of like the storyline, but everything else is so bad I cant look past it. Another thing is if I' m playing a game I would rather the characters finish their statement before breaking out into a cursing fit. I swear, the first level is...." Kane....fuck..fuck..fuck..(continued for 3 more lines)... shit.... I need cover"
choupolo

RE: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - Impressions - Dec 14, 2007 10:55
Just completed it. The club scene and the retamoto office level are the highlights, and have some cool music, and the later guns are more accurate. I resorted to aspirin level though to balance things. But overall the controls and pace of the game are just rubbish.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll