Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 If brain age makes you " smarter" then you are already a retard.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
If brain age makes you " smarter" then you are already a retard. - Sep 27, 2007 07:12
Nothing in Brain Age is as challenging as even the simplest differential equation problem on any college textbook. Even an example problem with a solution already written for you is harder to understand than anything on Brain Age.

My question is this - who here feels they are actually getting smarter by playing Brain Age? If you do feel that, you do realize you are a retard, correct?

More like brain training for retards and college dropouts.

Discuss.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: If brain age makes you " smarter" then you are already a retard. - Sep 27, 2007 07:25
try to do calc 20 , in less than 16 seconds .... and believe me emofag, but most people have a very hard time to go below the age of 40 even after repetitions, yes mister... no i don' t know if that makes you smarter but it' s not easy as you make it sound.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: If brain age makes you " smarter" then you are already a retard. - Sep 27, 2007 08:36
I think I remember Nintendo saying that if someone were to play the game daily then it could help prevent Alzheimer' s
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: If brain age makes you " smarter" then you are already a retard. - Sep 27, 2007 10:03
I don' t think the theory is that it makes you smarter by teaching you anything. It' s more of a mental agility thing.

It' s like working out. Sometimes you need a lot of weight and only a few reps, sometimes you need light weight and a lot of reps. Both are beneficial. Brain age would be the later type of brain workout.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: If brain age makes you " smarter" then you are already a retard. - Sep 27, 2007 10:06

I don' t think the theory is that it makes you smarter by teaching you anything. It' s more of a mental agility thing.

It' s like working out. Sometimes you need a lot of weight and only a few reps, sometimes you need light weight and a lot of reps. Both are beneficial. Brain age would be the later type of brain workout.

i share your opinion.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: If brain age makes you " smarter" then you are already a retard. - Sep 27, 2007 10:28
Agreed. I especially like the one where you' re supposed to shout out the color shown, not written. I do this one extremely well, but many friends have a difficult time with it. They' ll shout out BLUE as blue.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: If brain age makes you " smarter" then you are already a retard. - Sep 27, 2007 11:42
Someone seems a little obsessed about the DS and its non-traditional games... :P

And yeah, I agree with what the others said. It' s not smarter per se as in having more knowledge but more a way of keeping the brain " responsive" by practicing. It helps people think and react quicker if they practice regularly.

Seeing how an equation is solved by having the solution isn' t that hard either but it' s also a good (yet different type of) brain exercise. It' s not as much about speed as Brain Age is. So I guess all have its place depending on the purpose and goal.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll