Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I don' t like being 24
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 81
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: I don' t like being 24 - Mar 17, 2007 20:50
Since i' m not an orthodox Jew i haven' t paid much attention to the ins and outs of the Jewish faith or people in general. I' m of Israeli descent but was born and raised in the UK.

I do know and associate with orthodox Jews but the elder members of the community don' t really like it. That said, Israel is a nice place. They are much more open to non-orthodox Jews there.

But meh, Jews are pretty freakin' weird. Some of the stuff they have to do is just odd. They can' t even use condoms...

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: I don' t like being 24 - Mar 18, 2007 00:59

understand why it was needed back then but now religion in the majority of the world have no real power, all they bring are lies, ignorance and hatred.

Maybe thats why the Muslim fanatics hate the western world.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: I don' t like being 24 - Mar 18, 2007 01:16
People, people!
We need to stop dividing ourselves into cathegories.
We are all world citizens of equal value.
Many muslims might have more in common with american rappers than with their muslim brothers.
But before we tear down the walls we create around us, they shall never find their peace.

Now, I' m off to demonstrate against the meat industry. After that I' m going to meet my STWWL (Save-the-world-withllove) band and play Indian beats with my flute made out of hampa.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: I don' t like being 24 - Mar 18, 2007 07:32

We are all world citizens of equal value.

What if they live in a racist country?
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: I don' t like being 24 - Mar 18, 2007 14:55

What if they live in a racist country?

You appeal to the world leaders, UN, and Amnesty International. But Amnesty Int has been full of crap lately, so I can' t be bothered with them. Ditto for the UN.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: I don' t like being 24 - Mar 19, 2007 04:07

Maybe thats why the Muslim fanatics hate the western world.

Much of religious fundamentalism, whether Islamic, Christian, or Jewish, stems from poverty. By addressing the root causes of poverty, fanatical fundamentalism will be diminished.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: I don' t like being 24 - Mar 22, 2007 09:32
I don' t know why people in the Uk say " I' m not old enough to drink" ...

You can drink from any age, but you need to be 18 to purchase alcohol...
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: I don' t like being 24 - Mar 24, 2007 07:04

I don' t know why people in the Uk say " I' m not old enough to drink" ...

You can drink from any age, but you need to be 18 to purchase alcohol...

If ya drink regularily(every day)by the time your 24 you will kill your liver. I don' t mean beers...scotch, whiskey, rum....my friends already have and they will be 24 this year. I am not ready to leave this forsaken place so I have cut down and drink once a week maybe.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: I don' t like being 24 - Apr 16, 2007 23:05
Magik, its all about limits - you feel indestructible until about 24 - like you can achieve anything. I' m 27 now and the years are going faster than ever - but its up to you to make the most of it. I figure at 27 I have 3 more years of being in my " twenties" , but I' ll still have my 30' s, 40' s, 50' s and more to have time to enjoy life. Remember us at 50 will be like people who are currently 40 with the healthcare we have grown up with..

Providing that G. Bush doesnt get his way and ban stem cell research (and the money the US would put towards it) the world will see many great advancements in our lifetime! You will get to 25 and realise that it' s not so bad and you have up to 10 years more of being " irresponsible" at the very least! With all that said people are allready saying about my 30th - how have others dealt with their " bigger numbers" and who is the oldest on Kikizo?

I have a 47 year old working for me, and he is exactly like me, has a younger gf, all the consoles, loves playing games - and he has a family and everything - through knowing him it has made me loads more relaxed about getting older - we now haev a society tolerant to having fun no matter what age we are!

You also come to realise how little you know about the world and yourself when you are 18-23!
Silentbomber

RE: I don' t like being 24 - Apr 16, 2007 23:34
Old Man Musashi' s ranting again.
Nitro

RE: I don' t like being 24 - Apr 16, 2007 23:50
January - July is a long time for me to go without leaving the country and getting away from my daily life. When i was at uni it wasn' t so bad because i could come and go as i pleased but having a " real" job sucks ass. If i wasn' t hopeful about my application being finalized soon i' d have gone abroad for 6 months. As it is i' ve just spent half-term arguing with my pain-in-the-ass girlfriend and putting my flat up for sale.

My entire life is in limbo at the moment. It fucking sucks.

Meh, i need Whittards Cranberry & Raspberry tea. That' ll make me feel better
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: I don' t like being 24 - Apr 17, 2007 00:58
Nitro, you have nothing to worry about, trust me, I am 35 and in 3 weeks and 5 days, I loose my bachelorness, I was hoping to be one of those guys, that has a 20 something GF, flashy car etc. But it hasn' t worked out that way. Instead I have a gorgeous fiance, a great house, 3 kids, 4 dogs, 4 cats, 2foster cats, a tank of fish oh and a flaming budgie, oh btw does anyone know if budgie tastes nice as I swear it is affected by things when I am on the 360.

It may look bleak now but in a few months it will all fall into place and things will look up again.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: I don' t like being 24 - Apr 17, 2007 05:44

With all that said people are allready saying about my 30th - how have others dealt with their " bigger numbers" and who is the oldest on Kikizo?

I just turned 33. The 30s are great, it' s like being in your 20s but with more skills and more confidence. I' m also in a lot better shape than I was 10 years ago.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: I don' t like being 24 - Apr 17, 2007 07:33
Jeez. It' s like the crotchety old men spinning tales outside of the General Store.

Forget this, I' m going skydiving.
SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: I don' t like being 24 - Apr 17, 2007 07:59
This thread is a bit depressing. I' m 32, like zoy said, being in your 30s has it' s advantages - more money, more self-confidence and hopefully more wisdom.

I' ve been keeping fit since i was 28 so yeah, I' m fitter than I was when I was 22 - just a couple of stone heavier.
Silentbomber

RE: I don' t like being 24 - Apr 17, 2007 08:04
You could be 60 and still considered active and young. As long as you dont let your age control you. You should have no problems.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: I don' t like being 24 - Apr 18, 2007 00:51
The reason people feel shitty during their late teens and early twenties is due to the uncertainty in our lives. Most people feel like the important decisions and achievements that influence the rest of your life happen during this period. By the time we reach 30 most people are settled down. Life is much easier when you know what you' re going to do five years later.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: I don' t like being 24 - Apr 18, 2007 19:01
When did you turn 24 nitro? I am also 24, and yeah time seems to fly past, but meh, age is just a number
Nitro

RE: I don' t like being 24 - Apr 18, 2007 20:44
March 11th.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: I don' t like being 24 - Apr 21, 2007 18:04
im just 18 but hell, i feel so freacking tired, i just want to sit back, relax and read a novel, a old favorite or something new but i cant, i freacking cant, im sooooo fucking busy at school, its not even funny i wake up every day at nine, take a shower and im off to the institude until noon, then off to classes until 8-9 p.m. back to the apartment for dinner, half an hour to do whatever i want to do (most of the time, take a nap) then 15 minutes to talk to my mom on the phone and again, read whatever complicated, philosophical pice of shit nterpretation of the true significance of history in the development of mand kind until 3:00 a.m.

im only 18 but i really feel like 40 years old, imso tired
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 81

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread