Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Harry Potter Insanity
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Harry Potter Insanity - Jul 12, 2005 00:58
Jesus man have you heard about the supposed security measures for the shipment of the 10.8million copies of the new Harry Potter book?

-Wrapped in Plastic labled with ' Do Not Open Until Midnight'
-I dunno if it were steal crates or somthing else
-All the delivery trucks will have GPS to ensure shipments go straight to bookstores.

I have yet to read one so I don' t know nothin about anything. So all you Potter fans...you guys planning on raiding the stores this saturday like Chickapoo. Or are you gonna highjack the trucks at gunpoint?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Harry Potter Insanity - Jul 12, 2005 12:35
It' s a book for Chris' sake! I am amazed that the people who are fans of it are even able to read.

I remember similar insanity each time a new issue of EGM was released when Ed Semrad was editor.
George Foreman

• Total Posts : 124
RE: Harry Potter Insanity - Jul 12, 2005 15:04
I was in the whole Harry Potter fad for a while but, the books are just too damn long and expensive. Also I' m not that big of a fan of fiction books.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Harry Potter Insanity - Jul 14, 2005 19:13
Ah, I can hardly wait. Granted, I will not be standing in line at 12:01 to get my copy, I am still eager to get the book and read it.
cpsethgt

• Total Posts : 57
. - Jul 14, 2005 20:05
<message edited by cpsethgt on Apr 30, 2012 05:38>
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Harry Potter Insanity - Jul 15, 2005 01:59
This is book 6, and Rowling takes about 2 years for a book. It' s looking like the next will take around 3-4 because she said she' s taking a year break after this one.

Also, these books aren' t long...they look that way because of the thickness of the paper. If you think these books are long, you haven' t made your way through a George R. R. Martin book...it' s like reading the bible.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Harry Potter Insanity - Jul 15, 2005 10:33
Yeah, sorry, but a 600-700 page hardcover really is nothing. And the size of it shouldn' t matter. The George RR Martin books are long..... and freakin amazing. I' m currently reading a Tad Williams books that capped out at 1500 pages, and it' s part 3 of a 3 book story arc. I' ll be going out to get the new potter tomorrow whereever it' s cheapest, looks like I' ll be able to find it for 25 canadian, which isn' t bad.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Harry Potter Insanity - Jul 16, 2005 23:01
I agree! Martin' s writing is amazing. Rowling' s books are an easy read and a guilty pleasure. But they are nothing compared to Martin.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Harry Potter Insanity - Jul 17, 2005 12:04
I purchased a copy of The Blood Prince last night ($17.99)- can' t wait to read it.
< Message edited by Sharon -- 17 Jul 05 20:04:50 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Harry Potter Insanity - Jul 17, 2005 14:02
Ha Ha to all who waited in line. I like the books but Im not an obsessed fan, so Saturday afternoon I woke up at about 2pm and drove to the local Books-a-Million and got my copy from a friend who works there. So far its a good book but I havent gotten to read it all.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Harry Potter Insanity - Jul 18, 2005 07:06
Isn' t there a comic out there with a character that has brown hair, round glasses is a wizard and attends a school for such kids, that came out somtime before the first book?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll