Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Happy 4th of July!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Happy 4th of July! - Jul 04, 2007 20:04
...To all of our American posters...

Just know that without the French you would have been our slaves!!!

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Happy 4th of July! - Jul 05, 2007 00:08
Would we have better health-care?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Happy 4th of July! - Jul 05, 2007 00:33

lol, around my area they refer to the french helping us a myth. I swear, if you say one thing about conspiracy or something against bush in my area they all flip out
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Happy 4th of July! - Jul 05, 2007 02:20

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Would we have better health-care?

All of our TVs would be 50Hz.... eweeeewwwwwww!!! And yes, I know the UK has 60Hz sets finally, but without the superior USA they would have never had reason to copy us and everything would have remained at 50Hz.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Happy 4th of July! - Jul 05, 2007 02:22
But we would have had some kickass accents
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Happy 4th of July! - Jul 05, 2007 02:22
Bleh... good point.
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Happy 4th of July! - Jul 05, 2007 03:01
You know the French had their uses like in the revolutionary war but other than that they are just pussies and I read somewhere a poll taken in France that showed that even most french hate the french. But the British wouldn' t have been able to keep us and we would have won later on. And is kind of funny because there are quite a few British people moving out of the UK and coming to America and Canada. So who is really superior?

Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Happy 4th of July! - Jul 05, 2007 03:36

And is kind of funny because there are quite a few British people moving out of the UK and coming to America and Canada. So who is really superior?

Canada!
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Happy 4th of July! - Jul 05, 2007 04:54
Is it a public holiday as in everything closes down or just a flag waving day and things go on as normal, I can never remember as you guys get so many public holidays, way more than us limey' s....Oh happy 4th guys.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Happy 4th of July! - Jul 05, 2007 08:01

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

And is kind of funny because there are quite a few British people moving out of the UK and coming to America and Canada. So who is really superior?

Canada!

Bingo!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Happy 4th of July! - Jul 05, 2007 10:25

Is it a public holiday as in everything closes down or just a flag waving day and things go on as normal, I can never remember as you guys get so many public holidays, way more than us limey' s....Oh happy 4th guys.

Yeah, it' s an official public holiday. No post, no banking, and nothing open but restaurants, movie theaters and the airlines.

Get this though, my college course runs from Tuesday to Thursday, & it' s a 3 credit-hour course. They tell us last week that they' re going to be really really nice & give us the 4th off (it' s a national holiday, so nobody would have showed up if they hadn' t) but that they want us to come in on Friday to make up for the 3 missing credit hours. I hate it when they think they' re giving us a break.
mastachefbkw

RE: Happy 4th of July! - Jul 05, 2007 11:49

Actually in my area quit a few of places were open. Walmart, K mart, target, most fast food places, and our mall was open for like 6 hours. Plus there were many producing places that didnt make you go, but offered triple pay like volvo and other truck places.
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Happy 4th of July! - Jul 05, 2007 16:11

Canada!

Bingo!

I knew you' d say that. But what Imeant was what was better US or UK and I believe the answer is obvious but lets see what you all think.

Actually in my area quit a few of places were open. Walmart, K mart, target, most fast food places, and our mall was open for like 6 hours. Plus there were many producing places that didnt make you go, but offered triple pay like volvo and other truck places.

Ok so on other national holidays do those places close? I think not so why would it be any different on Independence Day.

Oh happy 4th guys.

Thanks it was pretty sweet day I got to hang out over at Eddie' s house which was fun and I will prolly hang out with him again on Friday(oh and Diehounderdoggin was there too).
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Happy 4th of July! - Jul 05, 2007 16:31

Canada!

I can vouch for that. By the way happy belated Canada Day. I was going to buy a camcorder and videotape myself and some friends as we spent July 1st in Ottawa (capital). But the weather was crap and we just said *** it, and we ended up having the party at some dudes place instead.

Happy Independence day for you Yanks.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 5 Jul 07 8:32:54 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Happy 4th of July! - Jul 05, 2007 22:38
Is Canada allowed to celebrate July 4th? it seems like a silly America ' Freedom' thing..

But who am I to argue, a day off is day off.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 5 Jul 07 14:39:31 >
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Happy 4th of July! - Jul 05, 2007 23:57
Happy Independence day Americans.

Us Irish didn' t need any help to beat the Brits out!

Is Canada allowed to celebrate July 4th? it seems like a silly America ' Freedom' thing..

How is it silly! They are celebrating winning Independence from the Brits. Fair play to them!
mastachefbkw

RE: Happy 4th of July! - Jul 06, 2007 00:16

Ok so on other national holidays do those places close? I think not so why would it be any different on Independence Day.

All those places(except Volvo) close on other holidays in my area such as Memorial Day and all the major holidays.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Happy 4th of July! - Jul 06, 2007 01:21

Canadians can celebrate anything we want. I don' t understand the question. If you mean do we get a day off if your from the States then no I don' t think so. Canada day is on the 1st of July so it' s practically on the same day anyways, which we have off.

However if I' m not mistaken we do allow people from different religious backgrounds to take off on their religious holidays. I' m not sure how it works but I know it would depend on where you work.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Happy 4th of July! - Jul 06, 2007 05:52
I used to live in a highly-concentrated muslim neighborhood. We got orthodox holidays as well as Muslim off! It was sweeeeeet.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Happy 4th of July! - Jul 14, 2007 10:44
Transformers put the Happy in the 4th of July.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll