Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Going to a wedding
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 01:50
Now im going to a wedding tomorrow, one of my friends is getting married after having been with his girlfriend for 6 years (or so).

Now this isnt the point of the thread!

HELP!

See my girlfriend is getting this strange notions of marriage, which are downright terrifying, we have a house together, and a kid, i dont really feel like adding another chain around my wrist, especially since im already feeling cramped up and boxed in.

I just cant wait to get this thing over, so she wont comment on me not proposing every single day.

I dont really believe in marriage, and i dont really believe on monogami either, but its kinda the standards the world set for us.

Closing on 30 and im pondering if there is something im missing.

heading for an early midlife crisis here, its my second one, i had my first when i was 21.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 02:04
Do it but make her sign a pre marital agreement where she agrees she wont take any of your stuff upon a divorce.

That is the only way in hell I would ever get married, the thought of some filthy slut taking away half of my hard work makes me sick.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 02:15

I dont really believe in marriage, and i dont really believe on monogami either, but its kinda the standards the world set for us.

I saw some movie where this guy didnt want to get married because he didnt trust the woman, so when she would hint at getting married he would say " Why do I need a certificate or ring to call you my wife?"
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 03:19
I' m just married, but I' ve been living with Lorna for 3 years (going out together for 8), so marriage really isn' t a big thing, although I wa\s nervous before the event. I always told Lorna we wouldn' t get hitched then proposed as a romantic notion on Valentine' s day. That kind of meant we had to get married.

You do sound more nervous than I was, but there are no kids in our relationship. Suffice to say in 3 weeks of married bliss I havn' t changed a bit
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 03:33

the thought of some filthy slut taking away half of my hard work makes me sick.

I am sure you would think that AFTER she has taken all your stuff, not before.
emofag

RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 04:06
I think it before, I don' t trust anybody. I don' t even trust myself.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 05:12
If you do end up doing so save some money and get your ring tattooed on. Use the " We' re getting marked forever like out love." or something like that. Cost me only $120. Plus it' s not as noticeable as an actual ring depending on what you get.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 05:46
This is going to sound very cliché but I always think honesty is the best way to go.
Be honest with her and tell her how you feel about the concept of marriage.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 06:05
I don' t like the idea of marriage. It must have been something a woman created. I can' t see why a man would want to invent something like that.

There are only so many reasons two people would get married.

-Tax breaks (if applicable)
-To legally smuggle aliens
-Woman want to get married as an extra assurance that her man will stay with her (especially if they have kids).
-A woman wants to steal a guys shit.
-Guy wants a trophy wife and/or regular sex.
-A person gets caught up in the romance in the idea of marriage, which is the worst reason. Anytime someone gets married because they love eachother their relationship will be destroyed. No relationship can meet the high expectations of marriage some have.

If I had a child with someone I would want to stay with her anyways (if only to be a responsible father) so marriage wouldn' t change anything for me. If she wanted to get married I wouldn' t care at that point. The trick is to avoid having kids, I think I' ll get a vasectomy. The worst thing that can happen to me is to have a child. The idea of having surgery on my nuts while I' m awake makes me ill, but not as much as the idea of having children.
Silentbomber

RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 06:19

If you do end up doing so save some money and get your ring tattooed on. Use the " We' re getting marked forever like out love." or something like that. Cost me only $120. Plus it' s not as noticeable as an actual ring depending on what you get.

Glad your Finance dosent post here any more Mass eh?

emofag

RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 06:43

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost
The idea of having surgery on my nuts while I' m awake makes me ill, but not as much as the idea of having children.

Why can' t they put you to sleep when they do it?
Agent Ghost

RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 06:56

Why can' t they put you to sleep when they do it?

I don' t know, I think it' s because they prefer to use a local anesthetic over sleeping gas. It' s probably safer. I knew a few guys that had it done and it apparently doesn' t hurt that much, just a pinch. It' s the idea that grosses me out more than the pain. I don' t want to think about some guy with a knife playing with my balls.
ginjirou

RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 06:59
I think marriage was created in ancient times when there were no condoms and stuff. People f***ed aroung and babies popped up everywhere and no one knew who' s baby was who' s and STD' s spread like wild fire and stuff.
Marriage was a decent solution to the problem. But I don' t know if it' s needed in the modern day.
Vx Chemical

RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 07:16

The worst thing that can happen to me is to have a child.

Having a kid, thats the farthest from the truth, my daughter, Nicholine, is the best thing thats ever happened to me!
Silentbomber

RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 07:21
Vx think of it this way, you dont have to get married, but do you see yourself ever leaveing your partner?
Vx Chemical

RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 07:28

Vx think of it this way, you dont have to get married, but do you see yourself ever leaveing your partner?

Hard question, and one im asking myself constantly these days! I wish i was 14 again :P
Agent Ghost

RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 07:38

Having a kid, thats the farthest from the truth, my daughter, Nicholine, is the best thing thats ever happened to me!

I was only speaking for myself. I understand that nature dictates that we care for our kids. I even understand why people feel joyous about having a child. However, I also understand how much of a responsibility it is. I' m just too unstable to take on such a permenant job.
ginjirou

RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 08:28
Why don' t you get stable then?
Silentbomber

RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 08:59

I' m just too unstable to take on such a permenant job.

I wouldnt consider raising a kid as a job Agent.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 10:26

I wouldnt consider raising a kid as a job Agent.

Oprah said that the hardest work in the world is an stayhome mom raising kids.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message