Going to a wedding

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 01:50
Now im going to a wedding tomorrow, one of my friends is getting married after having been with his girlfriend for 6 years (or so).

Now this isnt the point of the thread!

HELP!

See my girlfriend is getting this strange notions of marriage, which are downright terrifying, we have a house together, and a kid, i dont really feel like adding another chain around my wrist, especially since im already feeling cramped up and boxed in.

I just cant wait to get this thing over, so she wont comment on me not proposing every single day.

I dont really believe in marriage, and i dont really believe on monogami either, but its kinda the standards the world set for us.

Closing on 30 and im pondering if there is something im missing.

heading for an early midlife crisis here, its my second one, i had my first when i was 21.

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 02:04
Do it but make her sign a pre marital agreement where she agrees she wont take any of your stuff upon a divorce.

That is the only way in hell I would ever get married, the thought of some filthy slut taking away half of my hard work makes me sick.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 02:15

I dont really believe in marriage, and i dont really believe on monogami either, but its kinda the standards the world set for us.

I saw some movie where this guy didnt want to get married because he didnt trust the woman, so when she would hint at getting married he would say " Why do I need a certificate or ring to call you my wife?"

Iad umboros
  • Total Posts : 750
  • Reward points : 9745
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 03:19
I' m just married, but I' ve been living with Lorna for 3 years (going out together for 8), so marriage really isn' t a big thing, although I wa\s nervous before the event. I always told Lorna we wouldn' t get hitched then proposed as a romantic notion on Valentine' s day. That kind of meant we had to get married.

You do sound more nervous than I was, but there are no kids in our relationship. Suffice to say in 3 weeks of married bliss I havn' t changed a bit
***flyingsaucersdisguisedasmushrooms***
***mushroomsinvadingfromouterspace***

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 03:33

the thought of some filthy slut taking away half of my hard work makes me sick.

I am sure you would think that AFTER she has taken all your stuff, not before.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

emofag
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 04:06
I think it before, I don' t trust anybody. I don' t even trust myself.

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 05:12
If you do end up doing so save some money and get your ring tattooed on. Use the " We' re getting marked forever like out love." or something like that. Cost me only $120. Plus it' s not as noticeable as an actual ring depending on what you get.

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 05:46
This is going to sound very cliché but I always think honesty is the best way to go.
Be honest with her and tell her how you feel about the concept of marriage.
Wii DSLite
Nintendo
Playing = Believing

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 06:05
I don' t like the idea of marriage. It must have been something a woman created. I can' t see why a man would want to invent something like that.

There are only so many reasons two people would get married.

-Tax breaks (if applicable)
-To legally smuggle aliens
-Woman want to get married as an extra assurance that her man will stay with her (especially if they have kids).
-A woman wants to steal a guys shit.
-Guy wants a trophy wife and/or regular sex.
-A person gets caught up in the romance in the idea of marriage, which is the worst reason. Anytime someone gets married because they love eachother their relationship will be destroyed. No relationship can meet the high expectations of marriage some have.

If I had a child with someone I would want to stay with her anyways (if only to be a responsible father) so marriage wouldn' t change anything for me. If she wanted to get married I wouldn' t care at that point. The trick is to avoid having kids, I think I' ll get a vasectomy. The worst thing that can happen to me is to have a child. The idea of having surgery on my nuts while I' m awake makes me ill, but not as much as the idea of having children.

Silentbomber
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 06:19

If you do end up doing so save some money and get your ring tattooed on. Use the " We' re getting marked forever like out love." or something like that. Cost me only $120. Plus it' s not as noticeable as an actual ring depending on what you get.

Glad your Finance dosent post here any more Mass eh?

emofag
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 06:43

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost
The idea of having surgery on my nuts while I' m awake makes me ill, but not as much as the idea of having children.

Why can' t they put you to sleep when they do it?

Agent Ghost
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 06:56

Why can' t they put you to sleep when they do it?

I don' t know, I think it' s because they prefer to use a local anesthetic over sleeping gas. It' s probably safer. I knew a few guys that had it done and it apparently doesn' t hurt that much, just a pinch. It' s the idea that grosses me out more than the pain. I don' t want to think about some guy with a knife playing with my balls.

ginjirou
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 06:59
I think marriage was created in ancient times when there were no condoms and stuff. People f***ed aroung and babies popped up everywhere and no one knew who' s baby was who' s and STD' s spread like wild fire and stuff.
Marriage was a decent solution to the problem. But I don' t know if it' s needed in the modern day.
Wii DSLite
Nintendo
Playing = Believing

Vx Chemical
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 07:16

The worst thing that can happen to me is to have a child.

Having a kid, thats the farthest from the truth, my daughter, Nicholine, is the best thing thats ever happened to me!

Silentbomber
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 07:21
Vx think of it this way, you dont have to get married, but do you see yourself ever leaveing your partner?

Vx Chemical
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 07:28

Vx think of it this way, you dont have to get married, but do you see yourself ever leaveing your partner?

Hard question, and one im asking myself constantly these days! I wish i was 14 again :P

Agent Ghost
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 07:38

Having a kid, thats the farthest from the truth, my daughter, Nicholine, is the best thing thats ever happened to me!

I was only speaking for myself. I understand that nature dictates that we care for our kids. I even understand why people feel joyous about having a child. However, I also understand how much of a responsibility it is. I' m just too unstable to take on such a permenant job.

ginjirou
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 08:28
Why don' t you get stable then?
Wii DSLite
Nintendo
Playing = Believing

Silentbomber
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 08:59

I' m just too unstable to take on such a permenant job.

I wouldnt consider raising a kid as a job Agent.

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 10:26

Oprah said that the hardest work in the world is an stayhome mom raising kids.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

emofag
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 11:54

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

I' m just too unstable to take on such a permenant job.

Yep, it' s worse than a job.

Job = you work, and earn money.
Kid = you work, and lose money.

emofag
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 12:14

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

I was only speaking for myself. I understand that nature dictates that we care for our kids. I even understand why people feel joyous about having a child. However, I also understand how much of a responsibility it is. I' m just too unstable to take on such a permenant job.

It' s good to think the way you do, there' s too many people who mindlessly have kids without knowing what they are getting themselves into.

Alot of people see it as there' s something wrong with you for not wanting to have kids, but there' s something wrong with them, the only one who can say if they' re ready or not is you.
< Message edited by emofag -- 5 Aug 07 20:09:28 >

Agent Ghost
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 12:33

Why don' t you get stable then?

Why? so I can have kids and get married? Besides it' s not a matter of getting stable. I' m as stable as I need to be for my current standard of living. Life is easy when you don' t have to raise kids.

Silent Bomber is right though, raising your child isn' t like a job, it' s more like slavery. A person can quit a job but you' re stuck with your kid for life. Kids are like really aggressive parasites...with rights. They consume your energy, your free time, your money and your sanity. By the time they move out you' d be half dead.

That being said I have every bit of respect for parents. They' re the ones making the sacrifice so humanity can survive. Everyone else is just coasting.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 4 Aug 07 4:44:46 >

Evilkiller
  • Total Posts : 660
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 13:35
OMFG go and have some kids guys. It' s not like birthrate is rising every year.

But well I am not planning on having any kids, either. I have seen how 3 of my half-siblings have grown up and while I can see that having kids has its positive sides it also equals a lot of stress and I am not willing to have that kind of constant stress in my life. At least not at this point.

Vx Chemical
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 18:50
Its only as stressful as you allow it to be. Sure my gaming time is low, but she is alot more entertaining than any game.

We taught her to say ASS hoooooole!

Very funny

ginjirou
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 18:52
*sigh* extreme pessimists all of you. You always fail to see the positive things in situations.
Most people say that having kids is really difficuult, but at the same time they say it' s the greatest thing that' s ever happened to them. Many people find it to be the meaning of life once the kid is born.
Not only because it' s a natural instinct but responisibility, caring and all the other things that comes with having a child, can be really benefitial for yourself.
I' m not saying having kids is like a wonderful fairy tale, but when you guys only see the problems instead of the good things then it' s not so strange you become pessimists.
Wii DSLite
Nintendo
Playing = Believing

alijay034
  • Total Posts : 1433
  • Reward points : 1685
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 21:22
VX if your not ready then your not ready, just tell her that, if she doesn' t like it then let her walk. However I never thought I would be ready to get married and this year (at the age of 35) I got married, people change, but you need to talk with her about it.

Emofag I doubt you have ever had a partner female or male as I doubt any person would want to be involved with a self centred twat like you

nekkid_monkey
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Reward points : 1280
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 04, 2007 22:31

ORIGINAL: alijay034

Emofag I doubt you have ever had a partner female or male as I doubt any person would want to be involved with a self centred twat like you

I bet he' s had a lot of girls. Self-centered twatiness is often mistaken for confidence by females. That' s why so many women end up dating assholes.

VX, the only advice I have for you is to talk to her about it. Whatever you do, don' t just keep all your thoughts to yourself. Keep the lines of communication open and honest, and everything will fall into place.

< Message edited by nekkid_monkey -- 4 Aug 07 16:29:45 >

emofag
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 06, 2007 04:06

ORIGINAL: alijay034

VX if your not ready then your not ready, just tell her that, if she doesn' t like it then let her walk. However I never thought I would be ready to get married and this year (at the age of 35) I got married, people change, but you need to talk with her about it.

I have a kid.

LOL

And stop being rude and attacking me on every post, asswipe.
< Message edited by emofag -- 5 Aug 07 20:06:51 >

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 06, 2007 04:33
Both of you knock it off. Sabre-rattling isn' t getting the two of you anywhere, and at the very least, it' s not on topic.

Dude, if she really loves you then she' ll understand that you' re not ready for marriage in your life right now.

Tell her that you love her dearly . Tell her that you love your daughter dearly. And without using the phrase " not in the cards" (that' s a one way route to Bitch-Slap-Ville) tell her that you don' t need marriage to feel good about your relationship with her.

If she' s a smart girl, then she' ll understand, if not immediately.

Hope that helps bud.

Silentbomber
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 06, 2007 06:21
" its not you .... its me."

Use that.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 07, 2007 02:14
Better idea Silent, you could just ask her to kick you square in the boys.

That actually got me hit once.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Going to a wedding - Aug 07, 2007 02:20

I' m not saying having kids is like a wonderful fairy tale, but when you guys only see the problems instead of the good things then it' s not so strange you become pessimists.

Yeah, look at the positive sides. Like when your 90(assuming you were good to them) You' ll have someone to pester the hell out of while they try to take care of you....The cycle repeats itself