Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ghostbusters Looks Bland...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Ghostbusters Looks Bland... - May 19, 2008 00:32
Low-res Gameplay Footage

Why do people make the assumption that knocking stuff over, and kicking up dust constitutes a destructible environment?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ghostbusters Looks Bland... - May 19, 2008 00:35
GTTV had an episode with high res foto a week back or so, it still looked bland
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Ghostbusters Looks Bland... - May 19, 2008 01:33

Why do people make the assumption that knocking stuff over, and kicking up dust constitutes a destructible environment?

Some of the walls were destroyed, hence destructable environments. The game looks good, I don' t know what you expected.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Ghostbusters Looks Bland... - May 19, 2008 01:42

Some of the walls were destroyed, hence destructable environments. The game looks good, I don' t know what you expected.

Agreed.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Ghostbusters Looks Bland... - May 19, 2008 05:46
What' s Stay-Puft doing back? I thought he was meant to be toast(ed).
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ghostbusters Looks Bland... - May 19, 2008 16:37

From the GTTV trailer it looks, clinical, everything is so neat.

Also gameplay wize its stupid, a new ray gun that y ou just have to point wiht.

Imagine a Shadow of the Colussus inspired Ghost Busters title, few ghosts that you have to plan how to take down.

that would be cooler
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Ghostbusters Looks Bland... - May 19, 2008 21:54
Hate to through a curve ball on this, but I think (going from the commentary.) That it was game play from the PS3 version!!!!

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Ghostbusters Looks Bland... - May 20, 2008 05:58

Some of the walls were destroyed, hence destructible environments. The game looks good, I don' t know what you expected.

I' ve re-watched the entire video to double check my own eyes, and I have no clue what you' re talking about. I don' t see any walls being destroyed by the player. You leave a blackened decal on the glass pillars in the office building (which disappear 10 seconds later I might add), and Mr. Stay-Puft knocks down a section of the wall in a stairwell. That' s far from " fully destructible" , or even partly destructible as far as I' m concerned.

Other points of (non) interest. The primary platforms are being handled by Terminal Reality, who' s only commercial successes have been the Bloodrayne games, which were far from fantastic. The running animations are pitiful; the characters have no weight. The primary gameplay element is to hold your proton-pack beam over grunts until they blow up.... lather rise repeat baby. The enemies when dropping out of their hidey holes stack on top of each other, and stand around stupidly before gravitating magnetically to your character. The character models are fu.ck awful in comparison to third person games released in the past year or two, and quite frankly they wasted the great idea of using Akroyd, Ramis, Moranis and Murray' s likenesses by making characters that look so little like their real-life counterparts it' s laughable.

The game will get lukewarm critical review, and most likely sell well enough for another half-assed sequel, but don' t expect any awards... or much of any critical recognition for that matter.

Up against Saints Row 2, Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway, Little Big Planet, Sonic RPG, Mercenaries 2, Lego Batman, Spore, Force Unleashed, Socom: Confrontation, Silent Hill: Homecoming, F.E.A.R. 2, Viva Pinata 2...

...They gwyne git raped.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message