Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GTA IV Preview 2
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
GTA IV Preview 2 - Jul 26, 2007 23:18
This is one of our biggest ever articles and has received some great feedback from forums all over the Internets... except this one!

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200707/115_p01.asp
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: GTA IV Preview 2 - Jul 27, 2007 00:05
Hi Adam

Sorry, did read it; great article. I am really impressed how Rockstar appear to have taken GTA away from the 12-year old' s dream type gameplay into a more mature one. Do you get the impression that the game is designed for those who have grown up with the series and and are looking for something deeper, and will this impact the age range who used to buy into the series?

From your article it did seem the missions seem to play out like how Oblivion handled them (slightly tangential comparison I know) in that you can start most of them but then clear off and do something else entirely and it won' t generally impact the outcome of most mission.

Most of the comparisons I' ve seen state is much different from GTASA, but how in your opinion does it differ from Saints Row for example which at least is of this generation.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: GTA IV Preview 2 - Jul 27, 2007 00:36
Yes, it' s really a good preview and an interesting read.

I just hope you know that you' ve raised the bar for yourselves now. We want to see 15 pages next time ;).

I especially like the bit about no loading times for buildings.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: GTA IV Preview 2 - Jul 27, 2007 00:42
its a good read, its the first GTA im having good vibes with since GTA2, this actually seems to be a real game.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: GTA IV Preview 2 - Jul 27, 2007 00:59
I like pie.

All Forums > Kikizo Forums > VIDEOGAMES
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: GTA IV Preview 2 - Jul 27, 2007 01:52
It' s a well-written preview, so good job on that front.

GTA IV is looking good, based on the screenshots we' ve seen so far. My main concern, though, is that Rockstar seems to get a free pass from a lot of the gaming press (not to mention the vast fanbase) who have turned a blind eye to how sloppy and glitchy the previous installments of the series have been. When I read writers remarking on how GTA IV is going to live up to the high level of quality of previous GTAs, I have to wonder if we' ve played the same games.

Previous GTA games have had great writing and decent cinematic motion-captured cutscenes. The in-game animation, however, has been rough and often shoddily slapped together as the character transitions from one distinct animation to another. The controls on foot have been awkward -- this was so notable that Dave Chappelle even lampooned it in his GTA sketch. The fighting and shooting controls have verged on being completely broken at times. And for a game that focuses so much on driving, the driving controls have always been rather loose and flabby. Cars have bounced and lost control as they go over the harsh edges of low-poly hills.

The GTA series has always been about doing any number of activities, but the press and the public have been strangely accepting of the fact that so many of these activities have been implemented in rather crappy ways.

Like I said, it looks like GTA IV is shaping up to be pretty good. But don' t give Rockstar such glowing praise for their previous efforts. We all know that they' ve done some sloppy, rushed work in the past on this series.
Asif

• Total Posts : 4
RE: GTA IV Preview 2 - Jul 27, 2007 08:21
Thank you very much for this in-depth preview, Adam. It was a great treat for the huge GTA fanbase.
We are most eagerly waiting for the next coverage. :-)
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: GTA IV Preview 2 - Jul 27, 2007 08:29

Thank you very much for this in-depth preview, Adam. It was a great treat for the huge GTA fanbase.
We are most eagerly waiting for the next coverage. :-)

Kneel before your god smurf
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: GTA IV Preview 2 - Jul 27, 2007 10:28
This game is gonna be da shiznick!
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 27 Jul 07 2:29:26 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages