Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GT5 Prologue doesn' t look very good IMO
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
GT5 Prologue doesn' t look very good IMO - Aug 26, 2007 20:05
CHECK THIS TRAILER
The parts where the cars are in the pit stop and during some cool camera angles the game looks amazing.
But if you look at the part where the cars are racing on a track, seems like the Suzuka track, it doesn' t look much better than Forza 2.
It seems the game won' t look as amazing as you think unless you' re watching replays or in photo mode.

Here' s a gameplay video

Anyone who agree?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 26 Aug 07 12:09:52 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: GT5 Prologue doesn' t look very good IMO - Aug 26, 2007 20:54
It looks way better than Forza in all regards but track racing is dull as hell. That' s why I' ve never liked the Forza or GT gameplay. Give me the street racing of PGR anyday.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: GT5 Prologue doesn' t look very good IMO - Aug 26, 2007 22:17
NFS pro Street looks absolutly stunning, and GT5 look much better than forza any time, forza 2 looks like Xbox 1.5, NO doubt about it.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: GT5 Prologue doesn' t look very good IMO - Aug 27, 2007 00:19
Its got one thing over Forza.. Its free. maybe.

" [UPDATE] Today, we sat in on a presentation hosted by Gran Turismo series creator Kazunori Yamauchi as he demonstrated some of the new features that will be present in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. The game is due for release on the PlayStation Network as a free download later this year."
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 26 Aug 07 16:19:51 >
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: GT5 Prologue doesn' t look very good IMO - Aug 27, 2007 01:17

The parts where the cars are in the pit stop and during some cool camera angles the game looks amazing.
But if you look at the part where the cars are racing on a track, seems like the Suzuka track, it doesn' t look much better than Forza 2.
It seems the game won' t look as amazing as you think unless you' re watching replays or in photo mode.

I disagree completely. After playing Forza 2 on my TV, then watching the in game trailers of GT5 Prologue, its clear which looks better on the track.

Remember that the trailer you are watching, though " HD" by internet standards doesn' t look even close to what the game will look like at 1080p on a big high def screen.

I have no doubt that it will look better than Forza 2 by sheer virtue that GT HD which was out at christmas looks better than Forza 2, and it' s just a DL of code that was old when it was released.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: GT5 Prologue doesn' t look very good IMO - Aug 27, 2007 01:22
GT Concept looks as good as Forza 2. GT Prologue kills it.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: GT5 Prologue doesn' t look very good IMO - Aug 27, 2007 01:45

It looks way better than Forza in all regards but track racing is dull as hell. That' s why I' ve never liked the Forza or GT gameplay. Give me the street racing of PGR anyday.

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: GT5 Prologue doesn' t look very good IMO - Aug 27, 2007 01:55
PGR4 will own everything, ...although i' d probably also keep and eye on ProStreet if i were you...
kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: GT5 Prologue doesn' t look very good IMO - Aug 27, 2007 09:45
In my opinion GT5 Prolougue looks extremely good, better then Forza Motorsport 2, btw I' m an owner of FMS2 and I don' t play it anymore, it' s just sitting in my DVD rack collecting dust, I spend more time on the GT 4 HD demo on the PS3 any time given. The PS3 may have a less advantage on graphic, but when it comes to game they do deliver great result.GT5 ftw!!!
ginjirou

RE: GT5 Prologue doesn' t look very good IMO - Aug 27, 2007 11:21
I' m going to kill you all...
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: GT5 Prologue doesn' t look very good IMO - Aug 27, 2007 19:40
Comparing the gameplay and the trailer there are lots of things that alarm me. The cockpit looks good, but why is the steering wheel immune from the dynamic lighting / shadows? The rear view mirror could have been done better, even at this stage - heck saturn games had better rear view mirrors, and the whole track looks, well just a bit jaggy.. even though much of pgr looks a little dry - in that the cars always look like they are floating a little, that game excites me far more at the moment - particularly nurenburg in the snow!!

Overall presentation looks better than Forza2 - and I' m sure the game will be everything PS3 owners require of it, but having sunk loads of hours into Forza of late the claims that this is somehow getting back to grass roots of racing fall a bit flat, especially seeing as there is nothing in the game that hasnt really allready been done by other games - it almost feels like the devs are justifying the apparent simplicity of the game, on top of that there is nothing here not allredy in other racing games - GT Legends on the PC for example, which is allready 18months old and still looks fantastic.

I want a dynamic, exciting, seat of my pants HD experience which doesnt re-tred the same old stuff. THey mention that it' s ten years since GT1, which I bought on launch, which blew me away back then because of the sheer scale of the game. I really hope they come through with this, but to me it is in polish of the finished product.

It' s going to look jaw dropping in replay mode though...
ginjirou

RE: GT5 Prologue doesn' t look very good IMO - Aug 27, 2007 19:44
You can live.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: GT5 Prologue doesn' t look very good IMO - Aug 27, 2007 22:41
I find GT5 to look more ' natural' than FM2. But Im reserved until I get to test out the handling, sound and AI. If they get these things right, I' m buying a PS3!

I started playing FM2 again after a lul when I skipped the middle bit of the career mode and jumped right to the matched R4 and up races. They' re a lot more fun, cos they' re actually challenging!
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: GT5 Prologue doesn' t look very good IMO - Aug 28, 2007 05:30
Ta!

Will be interesting to see how they impliment career and online in this iteration too!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll