Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Favorite Video Game Genres
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Favorite Video Game Genres - Jul 11, 2006 06:16
Give some insight into your past obsession, and how your tastes have changed over time. For instance:

When I first got REALLY into video games, it was all about side scrolling adventures (i.e. Castlevania, Rush N Attack, Metroid) and RPGs. Once I discovered Doom 2, however, I became a FPS whore!

Nowadays I find myself leaning more toward fighters (Mortal Kombat, DOA, Guilty Gear) and games that are in " quirky" genres (Guitar Hero, DOA: XBV).

I also find myself a little more interested in 3rd person games (Tomb Raider, Lost Planet demo), but if given the choice (Oblivion) I' ll take first person, anyday.

I also used to play the occasional Sports title, but not anymore. Oh, and I was addicted to Tetris for a while on the Gameboy. Actually, my friends and I have been hooking up the DS multiplayer Tetris, lately. Man, is that fun!
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
RE: Favorite Video Game Genres - Jul 11, 2006 06:30
Back in the 16-bit era my favourite genre was srolling fighters like Streets of Rage or Revenge of Shinobi.

In the 32-bit era i played more of 3rd person adventure games like Tomb Raider, Syphon Filter, MGS.

Nowadays i kind of play every genre in a balanced way: FPS, 3d fighting, 2d fighting, RTS, etc. As long as it is a good game i´ll like it.
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Favorite Video Game Genres - Jul 11, 2006 09:10
Scrolling fighting games were the main course for me in the 16 bit era. Simpler games for a simpler time

The 32 bit era introduced me to Final Fantasy, the game that single-handedly transformed me in to some sort of crazy stat nut (i.e. an RPG fan) I haven' t looked back since.

I do enjoy most genres though, but generally I can' t stand fighting, racing or puzzle-based games.

Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: Favorite Video Game Genres - Jul 12, 2006 05:07
FPS hands down. I own probably 75% fps games. The rest are almost all sporst and I think about 3 RTS.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Favorite Video Game Genres - Jun 02, 2008 22:32
I like Ninja games!
Shin_Ishikawa

• Total Posts : 144
RE: Favorite Video Game Genres - Jun 03, 2008 00:01
I used to like alot of beat m up games like double dragon, street of rage, teenage mutant ninja turtles, final fight.

then when the 32-bit and 64-bit era came I was into many different type of genres like sports, RPG, action, adventure, fighting an example of those games are Final fantasy, chrono cross, mgs, resident evil, wcw vs. nwo, soul blade, tekken and many more.

then when the dreamcast arrive and the PS2 I like fighting games alot and games like shenmue, soulcalibur, dead or alive, marvel vs. capcom, street fighter 3rd strike.

and now on this gen of console I been playing alot of action games never been into FPS. I have only like one and that goldeneye 007 for the N64.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll