Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Fable II is here
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 64
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 22, 2008 09:01
Should I buy it? I think RPGs are gay and Oblivion is awesome.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 22, 2008 10:22
then just hold out for fallout 3. Tho this is probably the next closest thing, however it really isnt as open in the way of physical interaction but much more into the more intangible aspects of its surroundings I guess...

fuck its 4 am and I need to work in a few hours...take my opinion with a grain of salt...

EDIT: I should say tho that compared to Oblivion this game feels more linear...you really gotta force yourself off the path and so far those off path ventures have yet to yield any big rewards but Im only like an hour in so I have plenty more to get into.
<message edited by Johnny Jiron on Oct 22, 2008 10:25>
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 22, 2008 13:06
I can't explain it but the whole thing feels like a really long and over designed Disney commercial, but in a good way.  The pacing is weird.  The story seems to pass very quickly and easily, while I can get lost in the simple things for ever.  I think I spent four hours yesterday Blacksmithing and Bartending.  It was 3 am and I'm thinking shit, I used to have a life what happened?

Overall I'm pleased.  There's a few annoyances here and there.  Most notably the fact that my copy of LE did not include the codes for DLC!  This is a known issue, MS is working to fix this.  If MS's solution is to give them out to everyone that would piss me off a bit.  I won't even watch the DVD.  Even if they're able to bring it a week later it's too late.  My character will be stronger and I'll have better weapons by then.   
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 22, 2008 13:14
What pisses me off is that you got it before me, fucking idiots., how hard can it be to ship everywhere at once.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 22, 2008 19:58
Vx Chemical

What pisses me off is that you got it before me, fucking idiots., how hard can it be to ship everywhere at once.

Im in the US and still havent gotten mine, even though I got release date delivery from Amazon. I had to call, they didnt even send it to UPS until late yesterday. If I dont get it today Im calling and demanding a refund. Of course, Ill keep the code out of the LE and use the refund to just by a regular
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 23, 2008 22:27
I got my copy yesterday (good thing I pre-ordered cause my local EB Games was sold out), and so far I am liking it a lot. From the opening parts of the game when you are a child and watching how beautiful your surroundings are with exceptionally well done snow falling from the sky, to when you become a young adult and start your journey in becoming the destined hero you are you can't help but be drawn into Fable II.

Now I haven't played enough to post a full review yet, but something happened while I was playing today that wowed me. I for one thought that the inclusion of a dog companion was more filler than substance, but I was wrong. Today as I walked along the docks in Bowerstone, my dog found some treasure. As I followed him I notice my dog looking back at me to make sure that I was following hime. I know that this may be something very small and some of you may not think it to be that big a deal, but this really did wow me. My dog didn't just run to the spot and wait for me there hoping that I followed him, rather he waited for me and kept looking back to make sure I claimed the treasure he so greatfully found.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 24, 2008 02:51
I played half an hour with Torr last night. It's not the most technically impressive game out there, but I love the style, which is odd, because I absolutely shouldn't. I'd post impressions, but I can't put enough time into the game to really do it justice. I don't need another timesink at this point right now.

My Gears of War 2 impressions will be up this weekend, I think.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Oct 24, 2008 02:56>
Vx Chemical

Re:Fable II is here - Oct 24, 2008 06:39
how can you do gears of war 2 impressions when it isnt out yet?=
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 24, 2008 07:26
You wish VF's standards were oblivion, atleast thats a current gen title, he prefers gamecube games with waggle.
immortaldanmx

Re:Fable II is here - Oct 24, 2008 08:58
Vx Chemical

how can you do gears of war 2 impressions when it isnt out yet?=

Because he's motherfucking eddie.

And Im not sure, but doesnt he have a haxored(ZOMG!) 360? Just taking a shot in the dark, or is it pissing in the wind?
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 24, 2008 17:17
emofag

You wish VF's standards were oblivion, atleast thats a current gen title, he prefers gamecube games with waggle.

Some Gamecube games without waggle kicks the living shit out of most (so called next gen) games you retarded, ignorant (look at my username: -VF5- one the best next-gen titles i play excessively) , alter-ego'd, created-to-stir-arguments, son of a bitch.

Back to Fable II:

Played about 1 hour and although the graphics are better than the pess videos , it didnt do much for me. As expected theres too much missed attention to details that spoil it for me.. I'm way too fussy to let ropey animations, poor collision, dull color scheme and bad artwork 'slide'. 

Not for me.

So thats it, Ive made up my mind, im gona give my 360 away to my cousin..  Apart from, VF5, Dead rising and fortza snd the odd live arcade game (ikaruga), biggest waist of console ive ever owned.
immortaldanmx

Re:Fable II is here - Oct 24, 2008 18:36
The biggest "waist" of a console youve ever owned?

Also, dull color scheme? Youre delusional, or more likely playing on a shit SD tv, after all, thats all the Wii supports.
Vx Chemical

Re:Fable II is here - Oct 24, 2008 18:47
I just sold my Wii, the worst console i ever owned.

I so dearly wish nintendo would bleed out on it. But idiots keep buying it and having it on the shelf to never use it.
immortaldanmx

Re:Fable II is here - Oct 24, 2008 20:53
Vx Chemical

I just sold my Wii, the worst console i ever owned.

I so dearly wish nintendo would bleed out on it. But idiots keep buying it and having it on the shelf to never use it.

Ive bought 2 Wii's, and sold them both for more than I paid when I was strapped for cash. I bought 1 around launch, then the other before smash bros. For some reason even Smash Brothers doesnt hold my interest like it did back in the day.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 25, 2008 01:33
Everyone arguing with VF5 needs to just chill.  Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinions.

That being said, VF; you need to STFU!  You know that people here like Fable 2, and you also realize that it's a good game, yet you point out that Emofag likes to "stir arguments".  Pot call the kettle black, much?

You don't like the game.  We get it.  Now let us discuss what we like, and don't like about it amongst our objective selves.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 25, 2008 02:48
I played a bit more last night and today; did a shit load of Blacksmithing. I made enough money that I was able to buy a Luxury Ring and find a wife. I am honored to my fellow Kikizoites that my wife and I are proud parents of a daughter. :) I bought a house and some more Luxury furniture to replace the old stuff, and finally made my way off to Oakdale (I think that's what it was called).

On my way I came across a sidequest to help a man try to find his son in a Hobbe Cave. Pretty simple sidequest, really gives you your first real chance to try to put together your Magic, Ranged, and Melee attacks. I was able to get in close to a Hobbe; kicked him, and then as he lay on the ground shove my sword straight through his chest. Quite a bit of treasure chests and buried tresure to be found in here.

As you can probably tell, I am absolutely loving this game. As some of you have mentioned already the art style is just that good that it makes you like it when it may be a style you feel you shouldn't like. This is a gorgeous game with colorful NPC's and a shitload of crap you can do in the Fable world. The wait was definately well worth it!!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 25, 2008 04:18
Blacksmithing is for suckers.  Bartending is where the real money lies.  Actually even Bartending is only a means to an end.  I own all the accessible property so far in the game and I make about 10K every five minutes.  I literally own the farm.
matriculated143

• Total Posts : 10
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 25, 2008 13:45
This game is way better that the first and is one of the best RPG's i've ever played. As someone already said the mere act of blacksmithing or bartending will keep you entertained for awhie (and freakin orgies, beat that).

As for the art style I like it, because it's kind of surreal and very fluid. The color scheme is pretty good. The whole making choices that affect your future has always interested me.

Now i haven't beaten it yet and story-wise only got as far as the quest to kill all the bandits  in Oakfield, but i have done a whole bunch of blacksmithing and buying properties and that was loads of fun.

Which weapon type is your favorite?
Mine is crossbows.
immortaldanmx

Re:Fable II is here - Oct 25, 2008 21:17
matriculated143

This game is way better that the first and is one of the best RPG's i've ever played. As someone already said the mere act of blacksmithing or bartending will keep you entertained for awhie (and freakin orgies, beat that).

As for the art style I like it, because it's kind of surreal and very fluid. The color scheme is pretty good. The whole making choices that affect your future has always interested me.

Now i haven't beaten it yet and story-wise only got as far as the quest to kill all the bandits  in Oakfield, but i have done a whole bunch of blacksmithing and buying properties and that was loads of fun.

Which weapon type is your favorite?
Mine is crossbows.

Hands down the best weapon I have so far is the Enforcer. Its a Blundrebuss(I think, whatever the shotgun type weapon is called), and does 177 base damage.

SPOILER:How to get it.
1: To get it, go to Gile's farm (after the quest there).
2: Dig up his wife's and his shared grave to find a key.
3: Enter the cellar to his house.
4: Defeat enemies and the simple puzzles.
5: ?????
6: PROFIT!
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 26, 2008 01:51

SPOILER:How to get it.
1: To get it, go to Gile's farm (after the quest there).
2: Dig up his wife's and his shared grave to find a key.
3: Enter the cellar to his house.
4: Defeat enemies and the simple puzzles.
5: ?????
6: PROFIT!

?????= have an orgy with several hookers, the farmer, and his gay son.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 64

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message