OXM 9.5
VideoGamer 9.0
Eurogamer 10
TeamXbox 8.9 
Computer and Video Games UK 9.2
Planet Xbox 360 9.5
Kikizo 9
Edge Magazine UK 9

Well, as we all know IGN US is full of shit, not sure about UK though. IGN US's only complaint seems to be the camera on same-screen co-op. I guess the whiny bitches need to get LIVE. Ill continue to edit with more reviews.

Personally, Im looking forward to this and already had it pre-ordered.

Seems from the reviews there isnt much room for doubt.
<message edited by immortaldanmx on Oct 21, 2008 11:49>
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 20, 2008 20:43
Does not mean shit, Fable 1 was way overrated too:

Official Xbox Magazine   9.4
IGN  9.3
Eurogamer  8 
VideoGamer  8
Kikizo  8
Edge  8
Currently playing:
Korg DS 10 (ds) /  Metal Slug 7 (ds)
Rhythm Heaven (ds) /  Fire Emblem (ds)
Super Stardust HD (psn) /  Virtua Fighter 5 (360)
FSX (P

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 20, 2008 20:46
Virtua fighter 5

IGN  9.3
Eurogamer  8 
VideoGamer  8
Kikizo  8
Edge  8

There is no dildo waving or last gen hardware in this thread, go away.

Virtua fighter 5
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 20, 2008 21:00
immortaldanmx

Virtua fighter 5

IGN  9.3
Eurogamer  8 
VideoGamer  8
Kikizo  8
Edge  8

There is no dildo waving or last gen hardware in this thread, go away.

funny, as its a dildo waving, last gen game that makes fable II look soo shit. Dull, Brown, jerky, shit animation, odd uninspired sound, poor art direction.. Yeah, very diverse in content.. but thats about it.  I can't play through a game if the basics are shit or not upto high standards.. IE Oblivion.

Enjoy!! i certainly won't
Currently playing:
FSX (P

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 20, 2008 21:25
 If Oblivion are your high standards then thats just laughable.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 20, 2008 22:13

funny, as its a dildo waving, last gen game that makes fable II look soo shit. Dull, Brown, jerky, shit animation, odd uninspired sound, poor art direction.. Yeah, very diverse in content.. but thats about it.  I can't play through a game if the basics are shit or not upto high standards.. IE Oblivion.

Have you played Fable II yet?
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

immortaldanmx
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 20, 2008 22:48
Youre delusional, VF. There are only 3 Wii games even in the same league as Fable II.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 21, 2008 02:27
http://arstechnica.com/reviews/games/fable-2-review.ars

Arstechnica says it pwns therefore it does.  End of story.  Fuck you goodnight.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

2pac
  • Total Posts : 1032
  • Reward points : 6490
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 21, 2008 02:34
VF , you sir are a fucking fanboy ...

Eurogamer gave it a 10 , damn thats impressive ....
<message edited by 2pac on Oct 21, 2008 06:07>
  [image]http://gdpit.com/avatars_pictures/animated/gdpit_com_45464555_806.gif[/image]

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 21, 2008 10:13

Quickly edited for relevancy.

Virtua fighter 5
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 21, 2008 16:46
Vx Chemical

If Oblivion are your high standards then thats just laughable.

No, oblivion was the example of a game with big content but poor basics which stopped me from playing it.

Seeing more videos of the finished fable II has done nothing to change my initial opinions. As eddie pointed out, I'll need to give it a chance and try it (i will very soon).. so i'll reserve full judgement till then.

No 2pac, it's the peeps who can't accept my current veiws on the game are the fanboys.
Currently playing:
FSX (P

Agent Ghost
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 21, 2008 17:43
You can buy property and rent out, which collects rent in real time, even when you're not playing.  You can have mother fucking orgies in the game, with or without has condoms.  What's not to love? 

I was lucky I was only able to reserve a standard edition but when i showed up I asked if they had a LE version just in case and someone canceled, i picked up the last copy of the LE.  The girl in back of me asked for the same thing. 

Just reading the instruction manual while I eat lunch I already know this game pwns.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 21, 2008 17:58
You know, watching some videos of Fable II has really piqued my interest.  It looks like the communication system is hilariously weird.

Chee Saw
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 21, 2008 18:43
I'll have to wait until I get home from work to play mine, but I'm stoked!  I think I'm gonna try to be good in the game, but I failed at that in the first installment, so we'll see how that goes.  And I'll be a shootist.  A moral shootist?  Can I still shoot people in the crotch?  Maybe neutral.

immortaldanmx
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 21, 2008 20:20
Chee Saw

I'll have to wait until I get home from work to play mine, but I'm stoked!  I think I'm gonna try to be good in the game, but I failed at that in the first installment, so we'll see how that goes.  And I'll be a shootist.  A moral shootist?  Can I still shoot people in the crotch?  Maybe neutral.

You'll give in to your base emotions once you realize being good in Fable II isnt about choices, its about sacrifice.

And VF, no one is a fanboy for saying this is good. The general consensus is its good, from people who have played the game. You, on the other hand, have no proof other than your slanted opinion of a video.

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 21, 2008 20:33
Damn, I really need to fix my 360 about now.  Gonna try tonight - hope it works!

Never played Fable as I never had an xbox, which meant my interest in Fable 2 was low.  So the response most people have had about it seems a little out of the blue.

immortaldanmx
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 21, 2008 20:40
choupolo

Damn, I really need to fix my 360 about now.  Gonna try tonight - hope it works!

Never played Fable as I never had an xbox, which meant my interest in Fable 2 was low.  So the response most people have had about it seems a little out of the blue.

If you play 2 but not 1 you wont be missing anything. 1 was good and showed promise, but it never quite delivered on it.

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 21, 2008 23:13
Have had it preordered for what seems like forever. Will be picking up my copy tomorrow.

If anyone is interested in checking out some co-op, just look for me online and send an invite.
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

Agent Ghost
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 22, 2008 04:00
http://fable2.xbox.com/experience.aspx?lang=en-US

Completing this mini game will give you ingame items for Fable 2. 
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Oct 22, 2008 13:07>

Johnny Jiron
  • Total Posts : 434
  • Reward points : 5360
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 22, 2008 08:11
So far its fun. I am however annoyed by the gimped co-op and the fact that it more or less still uses "areas" instead of a full free roaming style like gta or oblivion. You're a bit more free compared to Fable but still not truly free to go anywhere. I haven't gotten far enough in to see how sizable the various locations get but they're spacious enough I guess.

It does look much better then I had thought it would thats for damn sure. The videos make it looks pretty bad. I havent quite got the rhystem of fighting yet tho I did get a nice feel for it at one point and did some cool stuff, but have not been able to repeat it yet. Tho I havent fought much nor upgraded hardly at all either.

So far it's 3/3 for me in my recent purchaes of Saints Row Dead Space and Fable 2. Tomorrow its Far Cry 2 up to bat.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 22, 2008 09:01
Should I buy it? I think RPGs are gay and Oblivion is awesome.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Johnny Jiron
  • Total Posts : 434
  • Reward points : 5360
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 22, 2008 10:22
then just hold out for fallout 3. Tho this is probably the next closest thing, however it really isnt as open in the way of physical interaction but much more into the more intangible aspects of its surroundings I guess...

fuck its 4 am and I need to work in a few hours...take my opinion with a grain of salt...

EDIT: I should say tho that compared to Oblivion this game feels more linear...you really gotta force yourself off the path and so far those off path ventures have yet to yield any big rewards but Im only like an hour in so I have plenty more to get into.
<message edited by Johnny Jiron on Oct 22, 2008 10:25>

Agent Ghost
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 22, 2008 13:06
I can't explain it but the whole thing feels like a really long and over designed Disney commercial, but in a good way.  The pacing is weird.  The story seems to pass very quickly and easily, while I can get lost in the simple things for ever.  I think I spent four hours yesterday Blacksmithing and Bartending.  It was 3 am and I'm thinking shit, I used to have a life what happened?

Overall I'm pleased.  There's a few annoyances here and there.  Most notably the fact that my copy of LE did not include the codes for DLC!  This is a known issue, MS is working to fix this.  If MS's solution is to give them out to everyone that would piss me off a bit.  I won't even watch the DVD.  Even if they're able to bring it a week later it's too late.  My character will be stronger and I'll have better weapons by then.   

Vx Chemical
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 22, 2008 13:14
What pisses me off is that you got it before me, fucking idiots., how hard can it be to ship everywhere at once.

immortaldanmx
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 22, 2008 19:58
Vx Chemical

What pisses me off is that you got it before me, fucking idiots., how hard can it be to ship everywhere at once.

Im in the US and still havent gotten mine, even though I got release date delivery from Amazon. I had to call, they didnt even send it to UPS until late yesterday. If I dont get it today Im calling and demanding a refund. Of course, Ill keep the code out of the LE and use the refund to just by a regular

canadagamer
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 23, 2008 22:27
I got my copy yesterday (good thing I pre-ordered cause my local EB Games was sold out), and so far I am liking it a lot. From the opening parts of the game when you are a child and watching how beautiful your surroundings are with exceptionally well done snow falling from the sky, to when you become a young adult and start your journey in becoming the destined hero you are you can't help but be drawn into Fable II.

Now I haven't played enough to post a full review yet, but something happened while I was playing today that wowed me. I for one thought that the inclusion of a dog companion was more filler than substance, but I was wrong. Today as I walked along the docks in Bowerstone, my dog found some treasure. As I followed him I notice my dog looking back at me to make sure that I was following hime. I know that this may be something very small and some of you may not think it to be that big a deal, but this really did wow me. My dog didn't just run to the spot and wait for me there hoping that I followed him, rather he waited for me and kept looking back to make sure I claimed the treasure he so greatfully found.
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 24, 2008 02:51
I played half an hour with Torr last night. It's not the most technically impressive game out there, but I love the style, which is odd, because I absolutely shouldn't. I'd post impressions, but I can't put enough time into the game to really do it justice. I don't need another timesink at this point right now.

My Gears of War 2 impressions will be up this weekend, I think.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Oct 24, 2008 02:56>
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

Vx Chemical
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 24, 2008 06:39
how can you do gears of war 2 impressions when it isnt out yet?=

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 24, 2008 07:26
You wish VF's standards were oblivion, atleast thats a current gen title, he prefers gamecube games with waggle.

immortaldanmx
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 24, 2008 08:58
Vx Chemical

how can you do gears of war 2 impressions when it isnt out yet?=

Because he's motherfucking eddie.

And Im not sure, but doesnt he have a haxored(ZOMG!) 360? Just taking a shot in the dark, or is it pissing in the wind?

Virtua fighter 5
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 24, 2008 17:17
emofag

You wish VF's standards were oblivion, atleast thats a current gen title, he prefers gamecube games with waggle.

Some Gamecube games without waggle kicks the living shit out of most (so called next gen) games you retarded, ignorant (look at my username: -VF5- one the best next-gen titles i play excessively) , alter-ego'd, created-to-stir-arguments, son of a bitch.

Back to Fable II:

Played about 1 hour and although the graphics are better than the pess videos , it didnt do much for me. As expected theres too much missed attention to details that spoil it for me.. I'm way too fussy to let ropey animations, poor collision, dull color scheme and bad artwork 'slide'. 

Not for me.

So thats it, Ive made up my mind, im gona give my 360 away to my cousin..  Apart from, VF5, Dead rising and fortza snd the odd live arcade game (ikaruga), biggest waist of console ive ever owned.
Currently playing:
FSX (P

immortaldanmx
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 24, 2008 18:36
The biggest "waist" of a console youve ever owned?

Also, dull color scheme? Youre delusional, or more likely playing on a shit SD tv, after all, thats all the Wii supports.

Vx Chemical
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 24, 2008 18:47
I just sold my Wii, the worst console i ever owned.

I so dearly wish nintendo would bleed out on it. But idiots keep buying it and having it on the shelf to never use it.

immortaldanmx
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 24, 2008 20:53
Vx Chemical

I just sold my Wii, the worst console i ever owned.

I so dearly wish nintendo would bleed out on it. But idiots keep buying it and having it on the shelf to never use it.

Ive bought 2 Wii's, and sold them both for more than I paid when I was strapped for cash. I bought 1 around launch, then the other before smash bros. For some reason even Smash Brothers doesnt hold my interest like it did back in the day.

Chee Saw
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 25, 2008 01:33
Everyone arguing with VF5 needs to just chill.  Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinions.

That being said, VF; you need to STFU!  You know that people here like Fable 2, and you also realize that it's a good game, yet you point out that Emofag likes to "stir arguments".  Pot call the kettle black, much?

You don't like the game.  We get it.  Now let us discuss what we like, and don't like about it amongst our objective selves.

canadagamer
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 25, 2008 02:48
I played a bit more last night and today; did a shit load of Blacksmithing. I made enough money that I was able to buy a Luxury Ring and find a wife. I am honored to my fellow Kikizoites that my wife and I are proud parents of a daughter. :) I bought a house and some more Luxury furniture to replace the old stuff, and finally made my way off to Oakdale (I think that's what it was called).

On my way I came across a sidequest to help a man try to find his son in a Hobbe Cave. Pretty simple sidequest, really gives you your first real chance to try to put together your Magic, Ranged, and Melee attacks. I was able to get in close to a Hobbe; kicked him, and then as he lay on the ground shove my sword straight through his chest. Quite a bit of treasure chests and buried tresure to be found in here.

As you can probably tell, I am absolutely loving this game. As some of you have mentioned already the art style is just that good that it makes you like it when it may be a style you feel you shouldn't like. This is a gorgeous game with colorful NPC's and a shitload of crap you can do in the Fable world. The wait was definately well worth it!!
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

Agent Ghost
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 25, 2008 04:18
Blacksmithing is for suckers.  Bartending is where the real money lies.  Actually even Bartending is only a means to an end.  I own all the accessible property so far in the game and I make about 10K every five minutes.  I literally own the farm.

matriculated143
  • Total Posts : 10
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 25, 2008 13:45
This game is way better that the first and is one of the best RPG's i've ever played. As someone already said the mere act of blacksmithing or bartending will keep you entertained for awhie (and freakin orgies, beat that).

As for the art style I like it, because it's kind of surreal and very fluid. The color scheme is pretty good. The whole making choices that affect your future has always interested me.

Now i haven't beaten it yet and story-wise only got as far as the quest to kill all the bandits  in Oakfield, but i have done a whole bunch of blacksmithing and buying properties and that was loads of fun.

Which weapon type is your favorite?
Mine is crossbows.
-What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

immortaldanmx
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 25, 2008 21:17
matriculated143

This game is way better that the first and is one of the best RPG's i've ever played. As someone already said the mere act of blacksmithing or bartending will keep you entertained for awhie (and freakin orgies, beat that).

As for the art style I like it, because it's kind of surreal and very fluid. The color scheme is pretty good. The whole making choices that affect your future has always interested me.

Now i haven't beaten it yet and story-wise only got as far as the quest to kill all the bandits  in Oakfield, but i have done a whole bunch of blacksmithing and buying properties and that was loads of fun.

Which weapon type is your favorite?
Mine is crossbows.

Hands down the best weapon I have so far is the Enforcer. Its a Blundrebuss(I think, whatever the shotgun type weapon is called), and does 177 base damage.

SPOILER:How to get it.
1: To get it, go to Gile's farm (after the quest there).
2: Dig up his wife's and his shared grave to find a key.
3: Enter the cellar to his house.
4: Defeat enemies and the simple puzzles.
5: ?????
6: PROFIT!

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
Re:Fable II is here - Oct 26, 2008 01:51

SPOILER:How to get it.
1: To get it, go to Gile's farm (after the quest there).
2: Dig up his wife's and his shared grave to find a key.
3: Enter the cellar to his house.
4: Defeat enemies and the simple puzzles.
5: ?????
6: PROFIT!

?????= have an orgy with several hookers, the farmer, and his gay son.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 64