Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon!
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 57 of 57
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Aug 01, 2007 21:06
Yepp.

West has a problem with BD because its what they expect to be.
Just with better graphics.

Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Aug 01, 2007 21:13
Does it really matter what " proffesionals" think about a game.

In the end it' s you the gamer who plays it, it' s you who has the fun. Who cares if some people give it a bad review or score.

All that matters is that you like the game and have fun with it. It' s like with Sonic and the Secret rings for me. Not like that game got that much praise. But I haven' t had that much fun with Sonic in like 7 years (still need to play Sonic Rush).

As I said as long as the gamers who want the game have fun with it. Does anothers opinion really count then?? To me it doesn' t.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Aug 01, 2007 21:18
I suppose it has to do something with the Story, because Reviews based on the japanese version all gave the game scores of roughly 90%. So maybe the story seriously sucks (though that doesn' t really warrant a degrade of 30%)
QuezcatoL

RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Aug 01, 2007 22:23
I' m so tired of reviews its not even fun anymore.

BD get 9/10 from like 7 reviews then come these trash reviews.

Lair gets 5/10 then suddenly 9/10 in other reviews.

GRAW2 gets 9/10 and then suddenly 6/10.

Im so tired of reviews,I know they' re opinions,but since no site can agree with each other anymore,or when they do they just copying erach other reviews,I dont see the point in it anymore.

I was gonna laugh at lair but now I know its a love/hate game by some people I guess ites the same with BD.

Or these reviewers wanna be special.

I dont know anymore...im so tired of the rviews.

QuezcatoL

RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Aug 01, 2007 22:45
Btw Edge gaved Hour of victory and transformers 2/10.

I mean they' re not even serious anymore.
Yes I disliked those games too,but give me a fucking break,2/10?

If you dont know who you review for then dont review.

Its like me review fighting games,I hate those.
WHats the fucking point?
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Aug 01, 2007 23:13

Does it really matter what " proffesionals" think about a game.

In the end it' s you the gamer who plays it, it' s you who has the fun. Who cares if some people give it a bad review or score.

All that matters is that you like the game and have fun with it. It' s like with Sonic and the Secret rings for me. Not like that game got that much praise. But I haven' t had that much fun with Sonic in like 7 years (still need to play Sonic Rush).

As I said as long as the gamers who want the game have fun with it. Does anothers opinion really count then?? To me it doesn' t.

Sorry to say that this is a short sighted answer, Critics are very very important in the video game industry and they are so powerful to drive sell a way to see your beloved games get sequals or spiritual sequals.

You do want the game you like to have great scores by critics so that developers will be rewarded and encouraged, as a way to see another sequal or something similar for the game you like.

Not only that, but a great game can also help consoles to sell and this is important for you, people who say that opinions of the others don' t matter are totaly wrong, opinions of the others AFFECT YOU indirectly.
QuezcatoL

RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Aug 01, 2007 23:18
Please tell me why I should take Edge seriously after giving games such as Transofmers 2/10.

Or GRAW2 6/10.

Abasoufiane

RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Aug 02, 2007 00:33

Or GRAW2 6/10.

i don' t know about transformers but for GRAW2 they should certainly be thrown from 5 stories... as i said, it' s because developers didn' t add much over the nfirst GRAw, they think 6.5 is justified

the game is far and far from 6.5, in gamerankings it got 86% which is great, that score is low than it should deserve because of what i said above. their reasoning is plain illogical.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Aug 02, 2007 00:33
I never pay attention to the numbers on reviews. Much like a movie, a videogame has too many features to be summarized by a single number. What one person likes, another will hate.

Instead, I read the opinions in each review, both positive and negative, and decide if those points matter to me. There have been many, MANY games that got stellar reviews that I' ve hated because they had features I simply couldn' t stomach.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Aug 02, 2007 00:52
Video reviews > Text reviews
It' s easier to form your own opinion after seeing the game in action. The narrator does the job of telling you the things you can' t see on the screen.
QuezcatoL

RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Aug 02, 2007 01:08
Im so tired of these people not taking their job seriously.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 1 Aug 07 17:10:24 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Aug 02, 2007 04:36
lol so your saying Transformers, a bad game, should be get better scores just for the sake of it?
QuezcatoL

RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Aug 02, 2007 05:26
Im saying that you should take in account of what you play.
And who the game is selling too.

I could review some weird puzzle game or crap kiddie game and say,My heard hurts 1/10.

Seriously.

You have to see my point here,you cant have wrong people review certain titles.
I get angry playing pokemon and think it sucks,you think I should review pokemon games?

you think the fans to the serie which sold over 140 million pokemon games would be intrested/care about my review?

And lets be honest,have you played Transformers?
Yes its bad,but 2/10?
That should be a game that is unplayable.

transformer isn' t that fun,its a typical movie game.
Just try it and come back here and you will agree with me.

A 6/10 would have been okay by me.
But when we go even below 3/10 I just cant keep my shut how sad this is.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Aug 02, 2007 06:13
but whats the point of having a lower end of rating if your never going to use it? I havent played the new trandformers game, and maybe it could be better than 2 but it sure could be worse. Hell I' d love to see a game get 0/10. 5 is average, not 7. I perfer mags to be more harsh with review scores, if something gets a 8/9/10 is brillant anything above 5 is good and anything under is not that great.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Aug 02, 2007 06:46
Well there is no 0/10. Edge' s lowest rating is 1/10 and they gave that one exactly one time to the beat em up Kabuki Warriors back on the original Xbox.
Abasoufiane

RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Aug 02, 2007 07:18
this si not how iot works in the real world, well all know that as soon as the game touches 7/10 in a couple of reviews then we would probably treat it as crap and nobody will give a damn about that game unless he is a fan of the series, In fact an 8 doesn' t cut it for me, i was very very disapointed when i learned that IGN gave 7.7 to The Darkness.. Now come on, whoever reviewed the darkness in IGN should leave that website. what' s more embrassing is that IGN UK rated the same game a couple of weeks after : 8.5, and as little difference it might seem, we know it' s a damn big difference.

some journalists don' t know shit seriously, and some (as quez mentioned) review a genre that they don' t like in the first place, if you don' t really like JRPG then leave that review to somebody who knows about JRPG, who got experience in the field.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: EGM trashed Lair and Blue dragon! - Aug 02, 2007 10:38
Anyone who makes game purchase decisions based solely on the number somebody else puts on the bottom of a page is a fucking moron.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 57 of 57

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message