Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 42
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic - Oct 12, 2007 05:55
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic - Oct 12, 2007 05:56
Looks like we wont see another great game from either of those two

R.I.P

Bioware
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic - Oct 12, 2007 05:57
Ugh....

[:' (]
canadagamer

RE: EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic - Oct 12, 2007 05:59
I wonder if this will have any effect on the Mass Effect trilogy, and a possible KOTOR 3?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic - Oct 12, 2007 06:03
well MS paid for the rights so.

its still theirs.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic - Oct 12, 2007 06:04
What' s wrong with EA?

They have been focusing on quality over quantity and on new IP' s recently. Look at Skate and ProStreet.

This is a good move, if only because it allows both Pandemic and Bioware to create whatever they want with no financial worries. Mass Effect is the first in a trilogy so we' ll be seeing more of that, and Pandemic won' t change much. The only possible downside is if experienced staff start leaving.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic - Oct 12, 2007 06:52
During the last 10 years everythign EA made have been rushed. Still be nice if it wasnt true, but i doubt it!
canadagamer

RE: EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic - Oct 12, 2007 06:54
Official EA press conference begins.

Peter Moore walks slowly from behind a curtain, and approaches the stand. Strangely he doesn' t say anything, but only pulls down his pants to reveal a tatoo of Bioware on the left buttock, followed by a tatoo of Pandemic on the other buttock.

He raises his arms in the air and shouts, " I am the king of the world!!!!" .

Seriously though, I agree with Nitro. Surprisingly enough EA has been putting out some quality titles lately. Looks as though they have switched focus to quality over quantity.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic - Oct 12, 2007 07:15
RIP Bioware
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic - Oct 12, 2007 07:19
The money and the rhetoric draws devs in the end. Some manage to use EA for finance or distribution needs only which seems to work.

I still cant trust EA, I haven' t played skate. or the next NFS, but I dont think they' re making better games, just being forced to be more clever as people inevitably wise up.
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic - Oct 12, 2007 07:21
Mass effect coming to the ps3 late 2008 i think so.
Nitro

RE: EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic - Oct 12, 2007 07:45

Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic - Oct 12, 2007 07:47
lol if ya cant beat em JOIN em i guess

Is that at their HQ office? lucky ****
Nitro

RE: EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic - Oct 12, 2007 07:56

ORIGINAL: Gaiden BLACK

Is that at their HQ office? lucky ****

No, that' s EA Black Box. They just did Skate and are just about finished with ProStreet.

Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic - Oct 12, 2007 08:01
Now that' s really sad. I had a job offer from EA a few months ago to go and work as an linguistic tester for them but, in the end, decided to pass on the opportunity because I didn' t like EA' s games. And now they go and buy one of my favourite devs. The world is cruel!
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic - Oct 12, 2007 08:05

Mass effect coming to the ps3 late 2008 i think so.

I think MS has the rights to ME
Icarus75

• Total Posts : 42
RE: EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic - Oct 12, 2007 11:43
The Mass Effect IP is owned by Bioware, now owned by EA. Microsoft is publishing the first game. Subsequent sequels will be published on any platform EA deems worthy. EA will be able to publish the first Mass Effect game for PS3 but will likely pass. Why bother? The Install base on the PS3 is to low to justify the expense of porting it over. If it' s a AAA, " killer app" , GOTY, gauranteed to make money (even a year after its been released on 360 and ported over), maybe. If someone can convince the japanese to play a western rpg, definitely. The sequels will be multi-platform without a doubt.

R.I.P. Bioware. Sellouts! Sellouts for 0.8 Billion but sellouts nonetheless.

How do the bioware executives sleep at night?

In a big bed stuffed with money, a beautiful woman on each shoulder.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic - Oct 12, 2007 11:55
We aproaching the age where the smaller companies won' t survive unless they get gobbled up by a bigger fish. You can expect to see a lot more of this, especially in the videogame industry.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic - Oct 12, 2007 12:18
another bad sign from MS that they are quitting, Bizzare, then bungie then freaking bioware !!

why would MS give up on it' s 2nd party developers unless they are quitting in a year or so? i don' t know what bioware' s deal with microsoft , but it used to released exclusives on its platforms , now that it' s owned by EA what willl happen?

notice that the 3 studios are the joker cards for MS yet they let them slip.. that' s fucking weird, now who says that MS is probably placing an ask price for Mistwalker or rareware ? it' s possible and the reason why they are not sold yet is may be big publishers don' t see them attractive enough ?

On another note, people are complaining about the lack of titles in 2008 for the 360, i don' t think tah' s the problem, in fact 2008 might be greater than 2007 and we have already discussed this, the problem is in 2009 !! ALMOST all epic games had their first announcement at least 2 years before their release on the market... seeing that MS hasn' t announced almost any new titles except for the rpg from squareenix and some crap games, none has been announced from 1st an 2nd parties. Games should be annunced today for 2009 or TBA, otherwise we might witness the end of the xbox legacy in 2009.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: EA Buys Bioware and Pandemic - Oct 12, 2007 13:29
What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with Microsoft quitting (whoever thinks so is a complete moron anyway). Bioware was never owned by Microsoft, they are not " giving up" anything, and EA' s decision to buy the parent company of Bioware will not in any way effect the titles they have in store for the 360.

Get back to reality please. You' re just making yourself look foolish.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 42

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message