E3 2008

Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 121 to 148 of 148
mikayd2
  • Total Posts : 1129
  • Reward points : 13085
RE: E3 2008 - Jul 16, 2008 07:13
Was there any killzone2 news today. Any more videos or trailers.

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
  • Reward points : 0
RE: E3 2008 - Jul 16, 2008 07:30
Nope.

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: E3 2008 - Jul 16, 2008 10:19
I' d say Microsoft had the best press conference overall. They had some great games shown at the beginning, some cool updates, but then it really started going down hill. Luckily they saved it with the FFXIII bombshell.

Nintendo' s crap was utter garbage. I started playing my PSP during it out of pure boredom. Fucking garbage.

Sony, while having an overall decent showing didn' t do anything unexpected aside from Mag which sounds cool but wasn' t anything huge (aside from the 256 players part). I was ready to wet myself watching the God of War trailer but other than that it was average.

Well time for an SOE party... then a DirectTV gaming tournament party in some hanger... followed by the Bethesda party. You know, as fun as those sound I' m f*ckin' spent and just want to go to bed. The things I do for you people...
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: E3 2008 - Jul 16, 2008 10:24
MAG looks pretty cool, at least the concept does. I' ll be keeping an eye on that one.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: E3 2008 - Jul 16, 2008 12:57
I missed the last two conferences... and somehow I feel I' m better off for it.

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
Re: RE: E3 2008 - Jul 21, 2008 18:07
The Nintendo conference was the most cringworthy thing ive ever sat through. (i wasnt there, i was at home wtching via Gamespot)

Some good games on show from both MS and Sony. though overall, the motion plus Add-on was by far the most exciting thing of the show (although presented as bad as it possibly could). It really is the future of play mechanics..  Especially thinking Nintendo are building A Next Benchmark of Zelda around that thing.. is gonna be sick.. Soo much potential, even the possibility of a redsteal 2 could be great..  

Ids QUAKE.NET sounds a great idea too.

<message edited by Virtua fighter 5 on Jul 21, 2008 18:10>
Currently playing:
Korg DS 10 (ds) /  Metal Slug 7 (ds)
Rhythm Heaven (ds) /  Fire Emblem (ds)
Super Stardust HD (psn) /  Virtua Fighter 5 (360)
FSX (P

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
Re: RE: E3 2008 - Jul 21, 2008 18:20
Motionplus is unimportant, you cant have 1-1 sword play anyway, unless everything you hit will be cut through, or some serious forcefeedback to stop your hand in motion

Chimura
  • Total Posts : 1123
Re: RE: E3 2008 - Jul 21, 2008 19:49
Microsoft and Sony's had their up and downs, more downs than up though. Nintendo was just down.
Honestly, the only two games I am dying for are Resident Evil 5 and Prince of Persia!

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:E3 2008 - Jul 21, 2008 20:34
I'm sure there were things I enjoyed in E3, but the only thing I remember is the new Geometry Wars game as well as another arcade game that looks promissing. "The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom".  I wouldn't mind having a game like this for PSP either.

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/891/891826p1.aspx

Eddie_the_Hated
Re:E3 2008 - Jul 21, 2008 22:45
I've got a good hunch we're going to be seeing a few more surprises from Sony and Microsoft at Leipzig...

...no accounting for Nintendo. I can't guess half of what's going on behind their closed doors nowadays. o.0
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

Evilkiller
  • Total Posts : 660
Re: RE: E3 2008 - Jul 22, 2008 10:29
Virtua fighter 5

The Nintendo conference was the most cringworthy thing ive ever sat through. (i wasnt there, i was at home wtching via Gamespot)

Some good games on show from both MS and Sony. though overall, the motion plus Add-on was by far the most exciting thing of the show (although presented as bad as it possibly could). It really is the future of play mechanics..  Especially thinking Nintendo are building A Next Benchmark of Zelda around that thing.. is gonna be sick.. Soo much potential, even the possibility of a redsteal 2 could be great..  

Ids QUAKE.NET sounds a great idea too.
However, on the bad side, it's going to be expensive. Just image the Wii Motion Plus Addon retails for, let's say, 20$ (I am hoping for a 10$ price but I know Nintendo better than that, so I expect it to be 20). Then you will have to pay 80$ to get a controller for your Wii (i.e. Remote, Nunchuck, Motion Plus) Times 4, and you are close to paying 500$ for a Wii and 4 controllers so you can start having some multiplayer fun. 

Anyway, I hope that the Motion Plus Addon delivers. The swordfight presentation looked great and it would be nice to see a game make proper use of that. 

alijay034
  • Total Posts : 1433
  • Reward points : 1685
Re: RE: E3 2008 - Jul 22, 2008 11:13
Does anyone know what the issue was with Bungie and their 'Publishers' over their announcement at E3?

Evilkiller
  • Total Posts : 660
Re: RE: E3 2008 - Jul 22, 2008 11:22
It looks like Microsoft thought that the FFXIII announcemen was enough of a shocker and seeing that neither Nintendo nor Sony delivered, they decided to postpone the announcement.

Zoy
Re: RE: E3 2008 - Jul 22, 2008 15:01
That was a mistake if you ask me.  They could have really stolen the show with that.  As it was I think Sony got a lot of mileage showing off games that are a long, long way away.  MAG being the furthest out there.  Nice to know it's in the works, looking forward to 2010 or '11.  That's my estimate, not based on anything they said.

Eddie_the_Hated
Re: RE: E3 2008 - Jul 22, 2008 16:23
Bungie will be announcing their Microsoft published title at a dedicated event in a month or so.

Edit:

themotion plus Add-on was by far the most exciting thing of the show(although presented as bad as it possibly could). It really is thefuture of play mechanics..

No... it's not. It's the play mechanics we were supposed to get this time two years ago.

Nintendo are building ANext Benchmark of Zelda around that thing..

Sorry, building a what?

Soo muchpotential, even the possibility of a redsteal 2 could be great.. 

Red Steel 2 has been confirmed for months.... do you even know what the new Motion Plus accesory does?

Justimage the Wii Motion Plus Addon retails for, let's say, 20$ (I amhoping for a 10$ price but I know Nintendo better than that, so Iexpect it to be 20). Then you will have to pay 80$ to get a controllerfor your Wii (i.e. Remote, Nunchuck, Motion Plus) Times 4, and you areclose to paying 500$ for a Wii and 4 controllers so you can starthaving some multiplayer fun.

They'll be integrating the second accelerometer in a later WiiMote SKU. I'll put money on it. It's clear from their presentation that it wasn't a sudden decision to make a more precision controller. Developers couldn't do what they were promised with the hardware provided, and Nintendo had to step up somehow without taking the fall for the mote's lackluster 1:1 performance.

To me at least, this looks like the reason 1:1 was dropped from titles like Red Steel. It didn't seem like a creative design choice that late in the game, especially considering how heavily Nintendo touted the functionality.

The Motion Plus is a fix for an old problem, not a stellar new add-on.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Jul 22, 2008 16:35>
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
Re: RE: E3 2008 - Jul 22, 2008 17:33
lol at nintendo hardcore.

Virtua fighter 5
Re: RE: E3 2008 - Jul 22, 2008 18:16
Motion+ is a step forward and by far the most excitigng thing of the show, the potential is huge and alot deeper than any one title could ever obtain. ..

It also shows that Nintendo care about the mechanics and that they are willing to downplay the original Wiimote (which did a bloody good job of stablising motion controls as industry standard) to meet inhouse and third party developers needs to step up a gear.. 

The Next Zelda plays a big part in this and im pretty sure  Nintendo are aiming to make Zelda the forefront of gameplay mechanics. Zelda Devs decided the original Wiimote wasn't precise enough / couldn't match the imagination the teams ideas.. So a add-on got the green light and work started: Motion+

Watch this space and see how many awesome titles will emerge..

Motion+ = Exciting

Currently playing:
FSX (P

Dreadknux
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: RE: E3 2008 - Jul 22, 2008 18:50
You know, I'd have thought Motion+ would have been an awesome thing to demonstrate too. Except there's one major flaw in how they did at E3 this year.

Picture this: When the Wii and the Wii Remote were first announced and specifications were revealed for the controller, people were dreaming of different hardcore games to use the thing with. FPS'? RPG's? Adventure games?

While we have seen a few games deliver on some interesting concepts (No More Heroes, Zak and Wiki, Metroid Prime 3), there is a vast sea of toss on the Wii platform.

And I'm inclined to believe it's because, as Nintendo first showcased (and had great success with) the Wii Remote in association with Wii Sports, every developer sat up, took note of mini-game/over-exertion party games and associated that with the console.

Hence: Carnival Games, Game Party, Big Beach Games (or whatever it's called), the millions of shovelware the platform has been victim of.

Nintendo announce a Wii Motion Plus, inferred to have a 1:1 motion response. Again, instead of using a core game to demonstrate the peripheral in action, we get...

Another Wii Sports. Gamers may have sighed, but there's no doubt Wii Sports Resort will sell a bucketload - meaning developers are only inclined to use the Wii Motion Plus for accurate movement of even more mundane titles.

I do hope I'm wrong in my prediction here, but you know, a hardware manufacturer usually dictates the kind of software they get from developers by the kind of stance they themselves set when presenting their products. That's why the only thing that actually sold with the Eye Toy was the 'Play' range.

No doubt Nintendo have some core games in the pipeline (I hope) but even though they've won the casual market, they've continued to chase them rather than win back disillusioned core gamers. I honestly don't think there's many more casual gamers left in it for Nintendo; surely everyone who weren't dazzled by Wii Sports were sold on Wii Fit?

Eddie_the_Hated
Re: RE: E3 2008 - Jul 22, 2008 21:31

Motion+ is a step forward and by far the most excitigng thing of theshow, the potential is huge and alot deeper than any one title couldever obtain. ..

What untapped potential will be reached with Motion Plus that we haven't already been promised in tech-demos, alpha-builds and branded montages?

Anyway, what do you mean when you say potential? Potential to sell? Potential to reach a large audience? Potential to give developers more freedom? Wii developers could unleash far more potential with a Nintendo 64 Expansion-Pack-style add on than a spare accelerometer.

It also shows that Nintendo care about the mechanics

Nintendo, like Microsoft and Sony is a company, they're not doing this because they deeply care about their gameplay mechanics... had that been the case they would be issuing these for free.

They're creating a product with the intent to sell, and if they expect us to buy, they need to look at what the developers and we the consumer want in a product. I wouldn't go so far as to say they care.

If their analysts said that creating a peripheral that kicked their userbase in the scrotum would sell, and that it would garner a positive response for the company, units would be on shelves before Christmas (The sad[der] part is that the accessory in question would sell just fine).

they arewilling to downplay the original Wiimote (which did a bloody good jobof stablising motion controls as industry standard) to meet inhouse andthird party developers needs to step up a gear.. 

They're not downplaying the original Wiimote (Elaborate if I've misinterpreted you), they're simply attempting to sell you the complete controller they had in mind in 2005. As I said earlier, I'm expecting to see 'Motes "now packaged with Motion Plus technology" when Nintendo makes their next SKU alteration (internal hardware alteration, not a new branded Wii console), and they won't have to worry about customers feeling cheated.

Motion+ = Exciting

Watch this space, and see a few amazing first party titles, one or two games from third party developers Nintendo holds close to chest, and a gargantuan mountain of shitware.

Innovative controller ≠ Innovative titles.

People used the same tired excuse when the Wii first launched.

The NextZelda plays a big part in this and im pretty sure  Nintendo are aimingto make Zelda the forefront of gameplay mechanics. Zelda Devs decidedthe original Wiimote wasn't precise enough / couldn't match theimagination the teams ideas.. So a add-on got the green light and workstarted: Motion+

I will agree with you there, the attachment was, again, a solution to a problem, not a brilliant new breakthrough. I'm of two minds on where it all came from though. I'm wondering if it was due to the new Zelda/Mario/Metroid titles that the change was needed, or if there was a heavy third party request for tighter controls. I'm starting to suspect the former, as third parties are having a skippy time making oodles from shovelware, ports and movie-games.

I honestly don't think there's many more casual gamers left in it forNintendo; surely everyone who weren't dazzled by Wii Sports were soldon Wii Fit?

...Nintendo will wipe Sony and Microsoft off the sales charts with the core market you're suggesting is running dry.

I made the same prediction when the console launched, and wound up being 100% wrong. They're making a killing now, and it hasn't slowed down. This doesn't make the quality of the games and hardware any better, but Nintendo is making a stellar sales and public image comeback, and it has everything to do with the casual demographic.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Jul 22, 2008 21:34>

Agent Ghost
Re: RE: E3 2008 - Jul 22, 2008 22:28
VF:
"Motion+ is a step forward and by far the most excitigng thing of the show, the potential is huge and alot deeper than any one title could ever obtain. ..

It also shows that Nintendo care about the mechanics and that they are willing to downplay the original Wiimote (which did a bloody good job of stablising motion controls as industry standard) to meet inhouse and third party developers needs to step up a gear.. 

The Next Zelda plays a big part in this and im pretty sure  Nintendo are aiming to make Zelda the forefront of gameplay mechanics. Zelda Devs decided the original Wiimote wasn't precise enough / couldn't match the imagination the teams ideas.. So a add-on got the green light and work started: Motion+

Motion+ = Exciting"

Wow you really do own Nintendo stock.  The Wiimote looks good, too bad it didn't launch with the Wii in the first place.  Actually too bad it didn't launch with the 360.  Nothing the Wii produces will ever be immersive if the graphics make me want to vomit.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Eddie_the_Hated
Re: RE: E3 2008 - Jul 23, 2008 01:08
I love your signature.

Zoy
Re: RE: E3 2008 - Jul 23, 2008 01:59
Are there many more casual gamers for Nintendo to lure?  Flying out of Florida this morning I noticed Wii consoles for sale at an airport kiosk next to the usual coffee and newsstand fare.  Never seen consoles for sale in an airport before.  I don't see their sales slowing down any time soon.

On a different note:  Disappointing absences at E3.  And let's try not to mention that game, which is always disappointingly absent; the mention of which brings despondent posters who usually aren't around out of the woodwork.

A few for me:

Brutal Legend
Aliens: Colonial Marines
anything resembling Rallisport
Yakuza 3
Beyond Good and Evil 2

<message edited by Zoy on Jul 23, 2008 02:03>

Eddie_the_Hated
Re: RE: E3 2008 - Jul 23, 2008 15:15
Which are you talking about, Duke Forever? I couldn't care less about that title at the moment.

I was missing Alan Wake personally.

Zoy
Re: RE: E3 2008 - Jul 23, 2008 19:03
Oh yeah, Alan Wake.  And Huxley, maybe I missed it but I heard no mention of it.

Agent Ghost
Re:E3 2008 - Jul 23, 2008 23:03
Too bad we can't keep our sigs, even if we were limited to 60 characters so no one makes shopping lists...
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
Re:E3 2008 - Jul 23, 2008 23:41
"Nintendo are aiming to make Zelda the forefront of gameplay mechanics."
This isnt 96 anymore. Zelda hasnt been the "forefront of gameplay mechanics" since the 64. Youve been buying the same game for 12 years now.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Virtua fighter 5
Re:E3 2008 - Jul 24, 2008 00:57
immortaldanmx

This isnt 96 anymore. Zelda hasnt been the "forefront of gameplay mechanics" since the 64. Youve been buying the same game for 12 years now.

random answer which has nothing to do with the point i made.  
 If you did want to answer it directly and mention the classic OOT you could of said along the lines of:

"yes with Nintendos introduction of the analogue control scheme and great mechanics, they created a new Benchmark in 3d gaming which has been set in stone for most other games alike since, now the same team are working with a fully realized X,Y,Z-multi axis gyroscope (3d space) controls from ground up , im expecting another big step"

So are we :P

Currently playing:
FSX (P

Eddie_the_Hated
Re:E3 2008 - Jul 24, 2008 03:58

yes with Nintendos introduction of the analogue control scheme and great mechanics, they created a new Benchmark in 3d gaming

What do you mean, great mechanics? You could move your character right? The PC had that for years, but no credit goes to home computer developers for massively innovative 3D mouse control.

now the same team are working with a fully realized X,Y,Z-multi axis gyroscope (3d space) controls from ground up , im expecting another big step"

X,Y,Z-multi axis gyroscope 3D controls...

You're not selling the thing to me, you don't need to verbally pad the features. You're saying that Nintendo is going to make a huge step forward because of the motion plus?

I hate to break it to ya' dude... Everything you just described has been present in the Wiimote since day one.

When you make these sorts of fawning diatribes hailing every decision Nintendo corporate makes as a brilliant step forward in technological innovation, you lose credibility, and come across as naive, and heavily slanted.

If I didn't know you're a decently built twenty/thirty something who is more-likely-than-not relatively well off... I'd assume you were a kid.

Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 121 to 148 of 148