Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Donnie Darko
Mr_Vandelay

• Total Posts : 17
Donnie Darko - May 25, 2005 20:26
Any other fans? I love that movie, and I' m curious to know if there' s any cool merchandise based on it!
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Donnie Darko - May 26, 2005 06:52
i really liked this movie alot....mostly i liked how ambiguous the ending was. they didn' t just hand it to you on a silver platter. you had to actually do some thinking for yourself for it all to make sense....i know people who hated that/it, but i thought it was awesome. not to mention that alot of the stuff that donnie says through out the movie is just outright hilarious.....

" First of all, Papa Smurf didn' t create Smurfette. Gargamel did. She was sent in as Gargamel' s evil spy with the intention of destroying the Smurf village, but the overwhelming goodness of the Smurf way of life transformed her. And as for the whole gang-bang scenario, it just couldn' t happen. Smurfs are asexual. They don' t even have reproductive organs under those little white pants. That' s what' s so illogical, you know, about being a Smurf. What' s the point of living if you don' t have a dick?"

Donnie: Do you want your sister to lose weight? Tell her to get off the couch, stop eating twinkies and maybe go out for field hockey. You know what? No one ever knows what they want to be when they grow up. You know it takes a little, little while to find that out, right, Jim? And you... yeah, you. Sick of some jerk shoving your head down the toilet? Well, you know what? Maybe... you should lift some weights, or uh, take a karate lesson and the next time he' s tries to do it, you kick him in the balls.
Jim Cunningham: Son... DO YOU SEE THIS? This is an Anger Prisoner. A textbook example. DO YOU SEE THE FEAR, PEOPLE? This boy is scared to death of the truth. Son, it breaks my heart to say this, but I believe you are a very troubled and confused young man. I believe you are searching for the answers in all the wrong places...
Donnie: You' re right, actually. I am pretty- I' m, I' m pretty troubled and I' m, I' m pretty confused. But I. . .and I' m afraid. Really, really afraid. Really afraid. But I... I... I think you' re the fucking Antichrist.

there' s some good explanations here for those willing to have a read:
http://www.tonystuff.co.uk/darko-spoilers.htm
< Message edited by the.ben -- 26 May 05 15:00:23 >
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Donnie Darko - May 27, 2005 07:13
Ok, I' ve been sitting here for 2 days now trying to think up an appropriate and hillarious manner in which to express my utter hatred of this movie. I' ve come up empty handed. This is all I could come up with.

Owain

• Total Posts : 91
RE: Donnie Darko - May 27, 2005 08:03
meh it was alright i' d rate it 6/10
dunno why so many people love it though... it felt a bit bargain bin tbh.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Donnie Darko - May 27, 2005 08:59

ORIGINAL: the.ben

Donnie: Do you want your sister to lose weight? Tell her to get off the couch, stop eating twinkies and maybe go out for field hockey. You know what? No one ever knows what they want to be when they grow up. You know it takes a little, little while to find that out, right, Jim? And you... yeah, you. Sick of some jerk shoving your head down the toilet? Well, you know what? Maybe... you should lift some weights, or uh, take a karate lesson and the next time he' s tries to do it, you kick him in the balls.
Jim Cunningham: Son... DO YOU SEE THIS? This is an Anger Prisoner. A textbook example. DO YOU SEE THE FEAR, PEOPLE? This boy is scared to death of the truth. Son, it breaks my heart to say this, but I believe you are a very troubled and confused young man. I believe you are searching for the answers in all the wrong places...
Donnie: You' re right, actually. I am pretty- I' m, I' m pretty troubled and I' m, I' m pretty confused. But I. . .and I' m afraid. Really, really afraid. Really afraid. But I... I... I think you' re the fucking Antichrist.

That was so Classic. I nearly wet my pants during that scene!
dismiss

• Total Posts : 90
RE: Donnie Darko - May 31, 2005 03:36
Fantastic film, one of the all-time greats IMO. The characters, the dialogue, the atmosphere, the music, it all feels so polished for a low-budget film. It' s a good film with a metaphysical theme, not a " niche study on metaphysics" , as many people seem to consider it. Actually, I felt that the Director' s Cut went a bit out of it' s way to explain some concepts that were better left unexplained.
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
RE: Donnie Darko - Jul 25, 2005 16:16
Yeh that was a good movie, 8.5/10

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages