Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Does nintendo have it right with no HD support???
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 42 of 42
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Does nintendo have it right with no HD support??? - Jul 05, 2006 07:56

ORIGINAL: Wolfjack

Mario 64 emulated on a pc monitor at 1024x768, is a sight to be seen. Ditto for Zelda:Ocarina

Do you mean they look better or worse? What' s the differences?

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

would you turn down higher reso in a pc game?

I do usually turn down the res./graphics on most pc games I play. Given that it' s because my computer can' t handle very high resolutions, but I don' t mind the downgrade at all.

For me, if high definition is there, great. If it isn' t, fine. It' s certainly not needed in any way. I just need the definition to be great enough to allow me to see what I' m doing. Other than that, I don' t care.

That' s me, though.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Does nintendo have it right with no HD support??? - Jul 06, 2006 01:25
They had this argument about black & white tv vs. colour tv, and in fact TV over Radio. Then later, Video compared to just TV, then TV, to flatscreen TVs.

Perhaps now there is no need to HD, but when everywhere is standard in a few years time, and with non HD terrestrial signals being turned off, the wii will be left looking a little quaint.

Not really a big deal considering their current price point and audience - but I hope that the next console after the wii IS HD, because even your toilet will be HD by then..

Seriously, forget the hype. HD is really just the potential to display more detail, more at once, with more clarity. Things like 4 player get a lot mroe fun when you can actually make out the horizon..

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 42 of 42

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message