Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 David Blaine, the majik muppet!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
David Blaine, the majik muppet! - Apr 26, 2006 06:53
If your British then you' ll know that his last stupid stunt in London go him mobbed and harrassed on a daily basis with people throwing tons of stuff at him and the daily papers making all kinds of fun and jokes at his expense.

I hate the guy.

I was somewhat amused to find that he will be submerging himself in a tank of water for 7 days with pipes for air and food (read: hospital gunge), and then will attempt to beat the world record for holding your breath (wtf?).

Fucking loser. I hope he drowns!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: David Blaine, the majik muppet! - Apr 26, 2006 09:12
Sounds like a lame stunt. Some kids live in a freakin' bubble for their entire life. This guy wants to do it for a few days, only the bubble is half submerged? That is stupid. Maybe if he holds his breath for over two miutes some brain cells will start to die.

Actually he may not have too many left as it is.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: David Blaine, the majik muppet! - Apr 26, 2006 10:26
I' d probably hate living in a bubble. How' d you work the stairs?!

The press says that the Blainster is doing this stunt in New York because Americans like that kind of thing. What that means is beyond my understanding.

It was amusing when someone used a remote controlled helicopter to attempt to deliver a hamburger to him while he was suspended in a box 30ft in the air. But i don' t see how these are illusions, ...i just see a retarded idiot doing strange thing in public places.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: David Blaine, the majik muppet! - Apr 26, 2006 22:57
Yeah but isn' t it all usually down to attention seeking?. Anyway I think living in a bubble would be fun I mean you can roll to school, roll down hills,....save old ladies from pick pockets by bouncing on them and watch over the city I could be called...bubble boy...but how would I go toilet?. By the way is that similar to people who cant come into contact with the sun if so it would be no fun being at home all the time in a bubble.
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: David Blaine, the majik muppet! - Apr 30, 2006 03:16
He is a weird one, that' s for sure.

I personally don' t like watching magic tricks. It is only amusing if you are a completely innocent person.

I' d rather cast Tera Star.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: David Blaine, the majik muppet! - May 28, 2006 07:26
...funny...

....i' m watching this special on the climax of his bubble stunt.... ....he' s swimming with bull-sharks, winning large sums of money at roulette for large breasted college girls, taking about his magic being similar to ' the Zone' with basketball players, and pain/disorientation based training with the navy seals....

...unusual person...

...i do think his stunts are illusions because of the extreme endurance he has to put his body through... ...something which most people could never hope to achieve......

...there' s also his street-crowd tricks which are classic examples of every stage magicians best friend: slight of hand.....

...i particularly like how he exploits the average person' s suggestibility......
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: David Blaine, the majik muppet! - May 28, 2006 10:23
" magician" is just another word for " con artist" .
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: David Blaine, the majik muppet! - May 31, 2006 10:08
I like magicians, but I agree with how Chris Rock put it. He said are we so desperate we' d settle for a trickless magician?! LOL I don' t really care for David Blaine, but whatever.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: David Blaine, the majik muppet! - Jun 01, 2006 01:50
At least it is something to talk about, I first thought that David Blaine was pretty cool (a modern day Houdini) but after the learning Channel aired alot of his " street magic" specials I realized he is really just a prick obssessed with his " skills"

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll