Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Crysis WTF
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 71
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 16, 2008 01:23

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Ever been killed by debris from your own grenade?

Huh?

How the hell did you manage that? That frag was ages away when it went off. Does Crysis actually simulate shrap, or is it just a proximity thing?

If debris hits you it can kill you.

If you look at the 2nd gif where i replicated it as close as possible, something does hit me right after the detonation. It doesn' t kill me but you do see the red damage indicator flash before the section of barbed wire fence lands next to me.

EDIT: This this is just brutal...

< Message edited by nitro -- 15 Apr 08 17:27:47 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 16, 2008 02:16

This this is just brutal...

So about those Bonus prizes
Nitro

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 16, 2008 02:27

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

This this is just brutal...

So about those Bonus prizes

When i' m good and ready. And by keep going on about it you' re not doing yourself any favours
Vx Chemical

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 16, 2008 03:51

When i' m good and ready. And by keep going on about it you' re not doing yourself any favours

It was a joke!

Any one mentioning a 2000$ bonus prize shouldnt be taken serious!
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 16, 2008 03:53
**wipes away drool** what a fu.cking sweet laptop. I don' t suppose one of those beauties will be a bonus prize
Nitro

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 16, 2008 05:55

ORIGINAL: Duffman

**wipes away drool** what a fu.cking sweet laptop. I don' t suppose one of those beauties will be a bonus prize

Vx Chemical

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 16, 2008 06:00
That thing sure is sexy!

I was surprised to find that it costs the same amount in denmark as it does in the UK.

I thought. how can i get my job to get me one of those, but thinking it will cost 4 times what the laptops im purchasing tomorrow, i just gave up.

Though the laptop im ordering for my job is a totally different kind of cool

21cm X 28 cm, 2,5cm thick

1,3kg.

nice and small.

Nitro

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 16, 2008 06:15
Depends what you want it for i guess. This thing is portable, but it' s not mobile. I wont be using this to check my emails when i' m sat having a coffee. I have a phone, iPod Touch and MacBook for that. This thing is a portable PC more than anything else.

GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 16, 2008 06:58
I see Dell learned a few tricks from Alienware. That thing is bad@$$.

Depends what you want it for i guess. This thing is portable, but it' s not mobile. I wont be using this to check my emails when i' m sat having a coffee. I have a phone, iPod Touch and MacBook for that. This thing is a portable PC more than anything else.

I would usually flame anyone who buys a gaming laptop specially being that large but knowing that you travel alot this will come in very handy to you.It all depends on one' s needs i guess.
Vx Chemical

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 16, 2008 15:45

Well i wont be loading´up Crysis on my notebook

Im not even sure i can load any game up on it
Nitro

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 18, 2008 00:02

Vx Chemical

lilsdad???
Vx Chemical

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 18, 2008 02:11

lilsdad???

erhhm?!
Nitro

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 18, 2008 04:33

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

lilsdad???

erhhm?!

Not you then???
Vx Chemical

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 18, 2008 05:00

Not you then???

not a name iv gone by ever! where' d you pick it up?
Nitro

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 18, 2008 05:52
Vx Chemical

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 18, 2008 06:01
Well it isnt me

Lol.

The 4 laptops i ordered arrived at work today, though i had the day off so i havent been able to check it out yet

Before i get to do that, i have to make my boss' s work first though
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 22, 2008 23:34
So I popped Crysis in again today and finally messed around with the settings a bit. I' ve been mainly playing the game with everything maxed out on Very High and toned down the resolution to compensate but decided I' d take the advice of just messing with the options and turning AA off.

I' m not sure what you guys run yours at but I basically set mine up as follows.

Texture Quality: Very High
Objects Quality: Very High
Shadows Quality: High
Physics Quality: High
Shaders Quality: Very High
Volumetric Effects Quality: Very High
Game Effects Quality: Very High
Post Processing Quality: High
Particles Quality: High
Water Quality: Very High
Sound Quality: High
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
AA: Off
Running in DX10 on Vista 32-bit

It runs insanely smooth now. I have to be pumping out at least 10fps more than I was with everything cranked on Very High with the lower resolution. I can see subtle differences between what it looked like maxed out and what I have now though. Like I can' t pick out what' s different (other than decreased motion blur, and distance blur or depth of field or whatever you want to call it). the decrease in shadow quality also makes everything looks a little more bright. Overall though it still looks awesome. I guess I' m just so used to seeing everything maxed out that it' s going to take a bit for me to get used to the changes. Having everything run perfectly smooth makes up for it.

Whoever else has the game post your settings. I may still tinker with mine some more based on what you guys have. I' m not really sure how much of an effect each of the settings have on performance. So if I can crank some of the other settings back up without taking a hit I will. Likewise if there is a setting when toned down doesn' t look much different but I can run it even smoother I' ll take it down a notch.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 00:42

If debris hits you it can kill you.

Fu.ckin' awesome!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 01:03

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Ever been killed by debris from your own grenade?

I was messing around with fraps earlier and managed to kill myself...

I then spent 20 minutes trying to replicate it and the closest i could get was this...

It was probably that fuc.king thing that took my head off the first time

Okay, so I' m really bored at work... I mean REALLY bored. So I decided to dissect your little video Nitro. It was really bugging me as to what actually killed you.

So we' ll start with your gif-

Yeah, so you throw the grenade, boom... a second later you' re dead. Now let' s take a closer look.

Above is frame 70. Your ' nade just went off and is creating a rather nice explosion. Nothing crazy yet right? Nope. Let' s go the the next frame.

Lol, the fence went away. At first I figured, bam, there' s our killer. Death by fence.

Nope... the fence is back from the dead! Zombie fence!!! Yeah, no... But notice the sparks and smoke at the bottom left corner that suddenly appears. That could be from the fence colliding though it seems a little unlikely. I have no idea what caused that. After that frame it goes into your blurred out death so I skipped forward a bit.

So I jump ahead a bit and on frame 81 and see some flying boards of death. This is already after you are dead though. I pretty much decided that had to be what killed you. It was a board that came so fat it just offed your guts or something. Still, I hadn' t found the frame where it happened. So I took an even closer look going frame by frame through the death.

Yes, " WTF is that?!" I want to say it' s your gun but I don' t know of any part on your gun that looks like that. From what I can tell it' s decking you in the face. This rogue object isn' t in any other frames. I went through each frame one by one to verify. As of right now it seems whatever that is took you out and it was sneaky enough to show up in only one single frame. This could be your gun... but as I said, I don' t know of any part on the gun that looks like that.

Death by UFO?
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 22 Apr 08 17:05:49 >
Nitro

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 03:38
LOL
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 71

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages