Crysis WTF

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 71 of 71
Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 16, 2008 01:23

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Ever been killed by debris from your own grenade?

Huh?

How the hell did you manage that? That frag was ages away when it went off. Does Crysis actually simulate shrap, or is it just a proximity thing?

If debris hits you it can kill you.

If you look at the 2nd gif where i replicated it as close as possible, something does hit me right after the detonation. It doesn' t kill me but you do see the red damage indicator flash before the section of barbed wire fence lands next to me.

EDIT: This this is just brutal...

< Message edited by nitro -- 15 Apr 08 17:27:47 >

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 16, 2008 02:16

This this is just brutal...

So about those Bonus prizes

Nitro
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 16, 2008 02:27

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

This this is just brutal...

So about those Bonus prizes

When i' m good and ready. And by keep going on about it you' re not doing yourself any favours

Vx Chemical
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 16, 2008 03:51

When i' m good and ready. And by keep going on about it you' re not doing yourself any favours

It was a joke!

Any one mentioning a 2000$ bonus prize shouldnt be taken serious!

Duffman
  • Total Posts : 1096
  • Reward points : 5600
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 16, 2008 03:53
**wipes away drool** what a fu.cking sweet laptop. I don' t suppose one of those beauties will be a bonus prize

Nitro
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 16, 2008 05:55

ORIGINAL: Duffman

**wipes away drool** what a fu.cking sweet laptop. I don' t suppose one of those beauties will be a bonus prize

Vx Chemical
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 16, 2008 06:00
That thing sure is sexy!

I was surprised to find that it costs the same amount in denmark as it does in the UK.

I thought. how can i get my job to get me one of those, but thinking it will cost 4 times what the laptops im purchasing tomorrow, i just gave up.

Though the laptop im ordering for my job is a totally different kind of cool

21cm X 28 cm, 2,5cm thick

1,3kg.

nice and small.

Nitro
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 16, 2008 06:15
Depends what you want it for i guess. This thing is portable, but it' s not mobile. I wont be using this to check my emails when i' m sat having a coffee. I have a phone, iPod Touch and MacBook for that. This thing is a portable PC more than anything else.

GrayFox
  • Total Posts : 356
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 16, 2008 06:58
I see Dell learned a few tricks from Alienware. That thing is bad@$$.

Depends what you want it for i guess. This thing is portable, but it' s not mobile. I wont be using this to check my emails when i' m sat having a coffee. I have a phone, iPod Touch and MacBook for that. This thing is a portable PC more than anything else.

I would usually flame anyone who buys a gaming laptop specially being that large but knowing that you travel alot this will come in very handy to you.It all depends on one' s needs i guess.

Vx Chemical
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 16, 2008 15:45

Well i wont be loading´up Crysis on my notebook

Im not even sure i can load any game up on it

Nitro
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 18, 2008 00:02

Vx Chemical

lilsdad???

Vx Chemical
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 18, 2008 02:11

lilsdad???

erhhm?!

Nitro
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 18, 2008 04:33

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

lilsdad???

erhhm?!

Not you then???

Vx Chemical
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 18, 2008 05:00

Not you then???

not a name iv gone by ever! where' d you pick it up?

Nitro
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 18, 2008 05:52

Vx Chemical
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 18, 2008 06:01
Well it isnt me

Lol.

The 4 laptops i ordered arrived at work today, though i had the day off so i havent been able to check it out yet

Before i get to do that, i have to make my boss' s work first though

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 22, 2008 23:34
So I popped Crysis in again today and finally messed around with the settings a bit. I' ve been mainly playing the game with everything maxed out on Very High and toned down the resolution to compensate but decided I' d take the advice of just messing with the options and turning AA off.

I' m not sure what you guys run yours at but I basically set mine up as follows.

Texture Quality: Very High
Objects Quality: Very High
Shadows Quality: High
Physics Quality: High
Shaders Quality: Very High
Volumetric Effects Quality: Very High
Game Effects Quality: Very High
Post Processing Quality: High
Particles Quality: High
Water Quality: Very High
Sound Quality: High
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
AA: Off
Running in DX10 on Vista 32-bit

It runs insanely smooth now. I have to be pumping out at least 10fps more than I was with everything cranked on Very High with the lower resolution. I can see subtle differences between what it looked like maxed out and what I have now though. Like I can' t pick out what' s different (other than decreased motion blur, and distance blur or depth of field or whatever you want to call it). the decrease in shadow quality also makes everything looks a little more bright. Overall though it still looks awesome. I guess I' m just so used to seeing everything maxed out that it' s going to take a bit for me to get used to the changes. Having everything run perfectly smooth makes up for it.

Whoever else has the game post your settings. I may still tinker with mine some more based on what you guys have. I' m not really sure how much of an effect each of the settings have on performance. So if I can crank some of the other settings back up without taking a hit I will. Likewise if there is a setting when toned down doesn' t look much different but I can run it even smoother I' ll take it down a notch.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 00:42

If debris hits you it can kill you.

Fu.ckin' awesome!

Rampage99
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 01:03

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Ever been killed by debris from your own grenade?

I was messing around with fraps earlier and managed to kill myself...

I then spent 20 minutes trying to replicate it and the closest i could get was this...

It was probably that fuc.king thing that took my head off the first time

Okay, so I' m really bored at work... I mean REALLY bored. So I decided to dissect your little video Nitro. It was really bugging me as to what actually killed you.

So we' ll start with your gif-

Yeah, so you throw the grenade, boom... a second later you' re dead. Now let' s take a closer look.

Above is frame 70. Your ' nade just went off and is creating a rather nice explosion. Nothing crazy yet right? Nope. Let' s go the the next frame.

Lol, the fence went away. At first I figured, bam, there' s our killer. Death by fence.

Nope... the fence is back from the dead! Zombie fence!!! Yeah, no... But notice the sparks and smoke at the bottom left corner that suddenly appears. That could be from the fence colliding though it seems a little unlikely. I have no idea what caused that. After that frame it goes into your blurred out death so I skipped forward a bit.

So I jump ahead a bit and on frame 81 and see some flying boards of death. This is already after you are dead though. I pretty much decided that had to be what killed you. It was a board that came so fat it just offed your guts or something. Still, I hadn' t found the frame where it happened. So I took an even closer look going frame by frame through the death.

Yes, " WTF is that?!" I want to say it' s your gun but I don' t know of any part on your gun that looks like that. From what I can tell it' s decking you in the face. This rogue object isn' t in any other frames. I went through each frame one by one to verify. As of right now it seems whatever that is took you out and it was sneaky enough to show up in only one single frame. This could be your gun... but as I said, I don' t know of any part on the gun that looks like that.

Death by UFO?
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 22 Apr 08 17:05:49 >

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

Nitro
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 03:38
LOL

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 04:02
You can see his hand on the end of it, whatever it is. It looks like when he died, the hands went up, and your camera slipped inside of your rifle for a sec there. Look at where the rail system ends on his gun, and then look at the blurry " WTF" picture, it looks about the same profile as the the gun in all the other frames, sans a stubby bit of barrel at the end of the grip, although there' s an off-color bump at the end of your WTF frame, that could be it I suppose.

Rampage99
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 04:35
I really don' t see anything on the gun that resembles WTF object. It' s not being cut through (clipping) either because you can make out all the edges. It almost looks like the handle to something. I just don' t know what.

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 04:37
Are we really having a discussion about this?

(I' m all for your UFO idea, re-looking at the gif, slowed down. I can' t believe that monstrosity is only in one frame)
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 22 Apr 08 20:37:15 >

Rampage99
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 05:02
Lol, I' m not trying to disagree with you nor am I honestly saying it' s a UFO (that was a joke... though technically it IS an unidentified flying object). I' m just trying to figure out what killed him. That little mini explosion to his left in the third frame I posted is also bugging the hell out of me...

Again, I' m VERY bored at work.

Nitro
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 06:59

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

So I popped Crysis in again today and finally messed around with the settings a bit. I' ve been mainly playing the game with everything maxed out on Very High and toned down the resolution to compensate but decided I' d take the advice of just messing with the options and turning AA off.

I' m not sure what you guys run yours at but I basically set mine up as follows.

Texture Quality: Very High
Objects Quality: Very High
Shadows Quality: High
Physics Quality: High
Shaders Quality: Very High
Volumetric Effects Quality: Very High
Game Effects Quality: Very High
Post Processing Quality: High
Particles Quality: High
Water Quality: Very High
Sound Quality: High
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
AA: Off
Running in DX10 on Vista 32-bit

It runs insanely smooth now. I have to be pumping out at least 10fps more than I was with everything cranked on Very High with the lower resolution. I can see subtle differences between what it looked like maxed out and what I have now though. Like I can' t pick out what' s different (other than decreased motion blur, and distance blur or depth of field or whatever you want to call it). the decrease in shadow quality also makes everything looks a little more bright. Overall though it still looks awesome. I guess I' m just so used to seeing everything maxed out that it' s going to take a bit for me to get used to the changes. Having everything run perfectly smooth makes up for it.

Whoever else has the game post your settings. I may still tinker with mine some more based on what you guys have. I' m not really sure how much of an effect each of the settings have on performance. So if I can crank some of the other settings back up without taking a hit I will. Likewise if there is a setting when toned down doesn' t look much different but I can run it even smoother I' ll take it down a notch.

I run my desktop on DX10 very high @ 1680 x 1050, although i am currently playing about with the Triple C Pack V 1.31 which lets me run in DX9 and still enable some of the very high settings like sunshafts and textures, super detailed shadows etc...

My laptop runs the game on all high @ 1920 x 1200. It' s running two 512MB 8800m GTX' s in SLI and an X9000 (clocked at 2.8GHz) so it' s more than capable of running the game in very high, ...but i get sporadic framerate drops in DX10. I switched over to DX9 and have been messing about with the Triple C Pack V 1.31 and like with my desktop i can enable sunshafts and very high textures and shadows etc...

I' ve also been looking at Ultima' s TOD mod, which is a nice idea but a little too much for me to take. The really vivid sunsets (even pink) are nice for like 2 minutes then they start to piss me off. This is the custom TOD settings running on my laptop a few minutes ago...

...but i prefer it vanilla.

The CCC config installer is gold though. It' ll net you at least another 10fps in most scenes... if not more.
< Message edited by nitro -- 22 Apr 08 23:03:58 >

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 07:38

Lol, I' m not trying to disagree with you nor am I honestly saying it' s a UFO (that was a joke... though technically it IS an unidentified flying object ).

Oh, I know. I' m beating my head against a desk as well, though at home, and not at an office.

Games are so much more interesting than molecular biology anyhow.

GrayFox
  • Total Posts : 356
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 17:55
I run the game with everything maxed out and no AA @1920x1200. I get some slowdowns every now and then but mostly its smooth. I used some mods that Nitro offered sometime ago but honestly dont remember what i did since its been a while since i played it. Reading this thread is getting me excited to play the game again lol. Bring the pink sunsets!

Nitro
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 19:54
From Ultimas time of day mod...

(not my screens)

Rampage99
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 26, 2008 09:46
I' m after messing around wti those setting last I' ve gotten the urge to play through the game again. It' s so f*cking awesome. I tinkered with the settings even more now. I' ve found out I can run the game at 1680x1050 no AA with everything set to Very High EXCEPT Post Processing Quality and keep the framerate steadily above 30fps. This is awesome yet disappointing at the same time. The game looks outstanding like this but the Post Processing Quality is what gives those sunshafts, and you need to set that to Very High to get them. As soon as I crank that setting up though the framerate dives a good 10fps and more if the action gets crazy.

Really the sunshafts aren' t important but they are what give the game that extra touch of realism and take it visually to its finest. It sucks that this single setting is such a huge drain on the performance. If I had SLi in my rig it probably wouldn' t be a problem... I just don' t want to spend another $300 just to pump out some sunshafts...

Rampage99
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 26, 2008 11:20
So I found the real conflict with the framerate. Shaders on Very High and Post Processing Quality on Very High don' t play nice together. The rest of the settings make no difference. It' s just those two that don' t like eachother. If I turn PPQ to Very High I get the nice sunshaft effects but I loose the extra depth to all the textures that the shaders provide. If I do the opposite the textures are more profound and really pop out with depth but then I loose those extra lighting touches.

I guess I' ll just have to decide what looks better...

Rampage99
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 26, 2008 12:23
I know at this point I' m just talking to myself in this thread but I' ll throw out a question anyway...

Nitro, I installed that mod you recommended and HOLY SHIT. The game looks unbelievable! My framerate is stellar with everything pumped to the max! Just awesome!!! The only thing is I' m now noticing if pop ups are really apparent in the distance now mainly with foliage, shadows, and birds. Before the mod I never noticed any pop up but it' s pretty blatant now. I mean it' s not horribly bad but it' s quite easy to pick out.

Also I noticed the flare in the first level of the game where you kill the first three baddies produces the red light but doesn' t emit any sparks or smoke. The particle effects are completely absent. I' m uninstalling the mod right now to check it out again and see if I notice to pop ups as much with it running normal. Then I' m going to reinstall it again and probably tweak it some more.

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 71 of 71