Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Conker & Banjo at the Olympic Games...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Conker & Banjo at the Olympic Games... - Jan 05, 2008 05:04
...seriously...

We just received exclusive information concerning what one of Rare' s next gaming projects is and you' ll be surprised to hear that it' s both an Xbox Live Arcade game and it uses the Vision camera. Tie your running shoes, do a few stretches and warm up those hammies. Rare' s The Fast & The Furriest is real and is coming our way.

After reading through presentation materials that were sent to us from one of our super secret inside sources (yeah, we got ' em too) we' ve learned that Rare is working on an Arcade party sports game featuring some of Rare' s iconic characters called The Fast & The Furriest. The Fast & The Furriest will feature all kinds of sports based mini-games that include a 100 meter dash, bungee run, hurdles and tip-tup curling. Rare also has plans to release XBLM content packs that' ll expand the event offerings including croquet, bowling, volleyball, fishing and various target games. And get this. Most, if not all, the games can be controlled using the Vision camera if one chooses (but not required). But back to what we said about Rare IP characters being used. Each player will be able choose a character like Conker or Banjo which will actually be a " suit" (think mascot suits). Players will then be able to scan their face using the Vision camera to skin the face opening of the character suit. Taking the whole face mapping thing a step further, they' ll be using character faces as in game assets appearing on scoreboards and reflecting off objects like ice.

We also learned that Rare experimented with a wand type input device for gesture recognition (think Wii controls), but seems to have scrapped the idea for The Fast & The Furriest due to technology problems. It' s possible we' ll be seeing a special gesture controller, but not from Rare.

We' ve seen the presentation materials and have trust in our super secret insider. The Fast & The Furriest is real, is planned for the XBLA and in development by Rare. When the game will release, how much will change between now and then and if it' ll even survive the development cycle is a book of mysteries of it' s own.

Super Retarded Source

Lets hope this is bullshit [:' (]
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Conker & Banjo at the Olympic Games... - Jan 05, 2008 05:21
What the hell...

[:' (]
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Conker & Banjo at the Olympic Games... - Jan 05, 2008 05:30
are they saying this is coming instead of bonjo 3? come on tell me now
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Conker & Banjo at the Olympic Games... - Jan 05, 2008 05:35
Whoever in Rare spent even five minutes contemplating a trash idea like this was taking away from time spent making another decent Banjo game.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Conker & Banjo at the Olympic Games... - Jan 05, 2008 05:40
i still have no answer i' m getting angry and i don' t wanna read.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Conker & Banjo at the Olympic Games... - Jan 05, 2008 05:44
Somebody better lose their job over this. I' m spittin' mad!!! S********** b******* m************ g***** h******** s***!!
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Conker & Banjo at the Olympic Games... - Jan 05, 2008 05:52
Shameless cash-in options...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Conker & Banjo at the Olympic Games... - Jan 05, 2008 06:00

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

are they saying this is coming instead of bonjo 3? come on tell me now

No, as well as Banjo.

I' m not sure i buy it though...

Rare is doing Viva Pinata DS, Viva Pinata: Party Animals and this as well as Banjo 3?

The only think that makes this seem plausible is that it' s exactly the kind of thing Microsoft think they need...
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Conker & Banjo at the Olympic Games... - Jan 05, 2008 07:10
I can see there being some merit in them doing Viva Pinata DS. They' re going to reach their target audience far better than they did on the 360. I can' t say the same for this. I want a game with some real meat on it' s bones dammit!
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Conker & Banjo at the Olympic Games... - Jan 05, 2008 08:18
They just need to do Killer Instinct 3. K-K-K Kombo Breaker!!!
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Conker & Banjo at the Olympic Games... - Jan 05, 2008 11:46
As long as Banjo 3 is coming , i dont give a shit ..Another game company milking a franchise ...
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Conker & Banjo at the Olympic Games... - Jan 05, 2008 22:22
Banjo 3 better be fucking good!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages