Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer (Now with Previews)
Change Page: 1234567 > | Showing page 1 of 7, messages 1 to 20 of 126
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer (Now with Previews) - Apr 28, 2007 18:55
Gametrailers

unrated extended trailer
< Message edited by Mass X -- 13 Jun 07 23:15:18 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer - Apr 28, 2007 18:57
Kickass! I' m buying this one, no questions asked.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Apr 28, 2007 21:23
I don' t want to like this... but I' m in love./
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Apr 28, 2007 23:31
Direct links, no registration required:

720p: http://download.activision.com/callofduty4/90webStereo24FastStart24FPS720p.mov

480p: http://64.158.29.57/90webStereoFastStart24FPS480p.mov
< Message edited by NITRO -- 28 Apr 07 15:34:59 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Apr 29, 2007 02:48
It looks like Call of Duty but it sure as hell feels very different, a good kind of Different.

I never figured Call of Duty to have any sort of narrative much, does this trailer hint at something new?
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Apr 29, 2007 03:03
Looks like... Rainbow Six!

And where' s all the Times New Roman font gone??
< Message edited by choupolo -- 28 Apr 07 19:03:43 >
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Apr 29, 2007 06:20
Looks great, can' t wait to play it. Not sure whether I will get it on ps3 or 360 though.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Apr 29, 2007 12:51
Okay, i didnt watch the video and im probably complaining about WWII games for no reason because i will most likely get it, but.... Just break the news to me gently. *Deep Breath* Is it a WWII game?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Apr 29, 2007 12:55
no
mastachefbkw

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Apr 29, 2007 13:11

no

*Makes gasp noises*

... Meh, i cant get the video working, but what war is it based on? .... Or was that a joke
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Apr 29, 2007 14:21
Its modern Warfare...hard to tell its any " real war" but may likly be base don todays events and what not.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Apr 29, 2007 19:00
COD4 looks awesome.
Nitro

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Apr 29, 2007 21:03

Okay ladies, it' s time to analyze the trailer.

I obviously can' t comment on the American soldiers. If i had to guess i' d say that the guy kicking the door in (in nightvision) is a member of an airborne Ranger squad, and that they are the same soldiers we can see in the Blackhawk rope drop. I' m not sure about the heavily camouflaged sniper though, but he does have an American voice.

The guys dressed in black with gasmasks on in the plane and on the ship (and in the last screen which is the helicopter going to the ship) are British SAS.

The helicopters in this screen...

...are Mi-8 variants, either Mi-17 or Mi-8T.

They' re primarily used by Russia and they' re built in Moscow, but loads of other countries use them for military and civil use.

There' s definite former Solviet Union involvement but it' s not necessarily Russian. The flag that comes on at three intervals at first appears to be Russian, but Russia have the star with the hammer and sickle and this has the star and two gold crossed swords. Does anybody recognise it?

Judging by the writing on the wall in the Rangers (nightvision) screen, they' re in Iraq or Afganistan, although the headdresses worn by some of the militants look very much Palestinian. Either way it looks like we' ll get to wage war on Islamic fighters as American soldiers. Yay!

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Apr 29, 2007 21:35
You sure know your military stuff cowboy.
War on Islamic fighters as American soldiers?
In times such as these it does sound a little controversial, especially since COD is such a big franchise.
It might increase the islamofobia among us westerners, so it sure is a dangerous theme to play with.
Communism and the cold war is over so it' s easier to go with such plots, however Putin has been rather chilly towards the west and they do have plans to modernise their nuclear arsenal.
I don' t like war games that resembles reality too much. Gives me the creeps.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Apr 29, 2007 22:35
LITTLE DETAILS
The guy in the beginning is a ranger, not a sniper. His camo isn' t set up for stalking. It' s configured for standing. Not to mention he only has an M14 carbine.

It should be pretty important to note that the man with the red beret has a crest similar to the Jordanian Airborne crest, although the center should be blue instead of red. Also it should be noted that whoever he' s executing, it' s being done on camera. Jihad anyone?

There' s a scene where two American soldiers are clearing a street in front of a shelled out tank. The tank' s surplus Russian.

There' s one detail that immediately helps me date the game. The US soldiers are still using the old-pattern camoflague. We switched over to digital-print more than 2 years ago.

The soldier clearing the ship' s door in nightvision is carrying an unholy amalgym of a Bennelli and a Mossburg tactical shotgun. It' s either incorrectly rendered or I' m losing my mind.

If the US soldiers are Rangers then you should be able to see Ranger patches directly below their left shoulder. Anything gold or red is a pretty fair bet.

Edit: I' m not seeing anything on their left side but an American flag patch. So either they' re not Airborne or Infinity Ward is just taking creative license. (My bet' s on the former)

LIST OF AIRCRAFT
F15 Strike Eagles
Russian M-i8 HIPs
Blackhawks
MIGs

THE FLAG
Yugoslavian army uses crossed swords, as does the Indian army funnily enough. Although, I doubt we' ll be playing as Indians or Yugos in CoD:4. As it stands I' d bet money it' s fictional.

CONCLUSION

The game is set between 1991 and 2005, most likely closer to the latter judging by the equipment on the rifles. You' ll play as Americans, Russians and British. (shocking!) You' re all converging on the same objective, most likely fictional, and you' re facing a fanatical enemy which (judging by the variety in equipment, uniform and insignia) is stateless.

*deep breath*

Nitro

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Apr 29, 2007 22:51
Headmounted cameras the Rangers have, M4 Carbines and an Sukhoi Su-30MK2, place the game post-91 (the end of the Cold War).

What' s interesting is that you see a single Sukhoi Su-30MK2 fly over a villiage here...

...and then what appear to be two more here...

...yet the soldier in the second screen is an American, evidenced by his camouflage and M16.

Sukhoi is a Russian aircraft manufacturer, so since Su-30MK2 and Mi-8 variants are seen in the trailer we can safely say that there' s direct Russian involvement.

The interesting part is that both US and Russian forces are fighting in the same battle against what appear to be Islamic militants, definitely in an Islamic country, as evidenced by the writing on the store fonts.

I can' t place the language (text) though. It definitely appears to be either Arabic, Kurdish or Persian (Afghanistan/Iran).

With regard to the spoken voice over (at the end), it' s apparently Russian, and says " We will show what we are capable of.." but i' m going to get somebody else to verify it for me because my brother only speaks really basic Russian.

Hopefully Eddie will be able to spot a couple of things. He' s good at this stuff.

EDIT: Damn, he already posted.

Eddie, where are the F15' s!?

I just spotted an AH-1 Cobra, but i haven' t seen the F15' s only Su-30MK2' s.
< Message edited by NITRO -- 29 Apr 07 14:58:02 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Apr 29, 2007 23:13

I can' t place the language (text) though. It definitely appears to be either Arabic, Kurdish or Persian (Afghanistan/Iran).
It' s Arabic.

With regard to the spoken voice over (at the end), it' s apparently Russian,
It' s definately Russian. I haven' t bothered with it for years but once you have an ear for it, it' s relatively easy to recognise.

The interesting part is that both US and Russian forces are fighting in the same battle against what appear to be Islamic militants, definitely in an Islamic country, as evidenced by the writing on the store fonts.
I mentioned this to my dad yesterday (I learned this kind of stuff from him) and he brought up the thought that it' s not Iraq or Afghanistan (as most people are considering) but an ex-Soviet territory further east. The game would get released regardless of bad PR, but it' d make sense for them to set it somewhere less volatile to the mass media. I' m personally thinking if it' s not the middle east or some random Suckistan, then I' d say somewhere in Northeast Africa where Arabic is prevalent.

Edit: Dang! You already posted.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 29 Apr 07 15:14:31 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Apr 30, 2007 10:43
ok guys it' s funny how none of you asked the real question? will the graphics in the gameplay match exactly this quality?? or is it the same old trick again, pumping up the graphics during the scenes as they did in halo 2, metal gear etc ..

the game does look fantastic that' s why i' m very skeptical...
mastachefbkw

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Apr 30, 2007 12:53

is it the same old trick again, pumping up the graphics during the scenes as they did in halo 2, metal gear etc ..

Halo 2 had better cut scene graphics than in game? I thought they looked the same(which isnt saying much )
Nitro

RE: Call of Duty 4 trailer+unrated extended trailer - Apr 30, 2007 16:32
I' m actually a little underwhelmed by the visual quality. It just looks rough.

The concept is amazing and the graphics will be awesome, easily on par with this trailer, probably better. I mean, GRAW2 looks better than this anyway...
Change Page: 1234567 > | Showing page 1 of 7, messages 1 to 20 of 126

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message