Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Boy Nearly Killed by Xbox 360
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
Boy Nearly Killed by Xbox 360 - Aug 22, 2007 13:45
Source

A 14 year old boy from Brevard, North Carolina was nearly killed Sunday while trying to stop his Xbox 360 from overheating.

The boy’s mother told local news that his Xbox 360 kept turning itself off after about 5 minutes. Her son had read online that he could stop it from cutting off by cooling the power supply. “I saw him put the cord on top of a box in the living room”, said the boy’s mother. “When I left to go next door he was playing a game but when I got back he was laying on his back on the floor and unconscious”.

While his mother was away the boy had taken the power supply and wrapped it in plastic and tape. In an attempt to cool it off, he submerged it into a pan of water with the cord still plugged in. The boy had regained consciousness by the time paramedics had arrived. He was taken to the Transylvania Community Hospital in Brevard where he spent the night.

Aside from getting knocked unconscious the boy only suffered small burns to his right hand and foot.

Wow. There' s stupidity and then there' s this. Even an 8 year old knows that electricity + water = hurt. Makes me wonder if the education system is actually doing anything at all.
< Message edited by unluckyone -- 22 Aug 07 5:46:28 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Boy Nearly Killed by Xbox 360 - Aug 22, 2007 13:59
Omg, what a dumb ass
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Boy Nearly Killed by Xbox 360 - Aug 22, 2007 16:44
What a shame, natural selection doesn' t work if they survive.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Boy Nearly Killed by Xbox 360 - Aug 22, 2007 18:44
Sadly he didn' t die. He would' ve been a favourite for the Darwin Awards.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Boy Nearly Killed by Xbox 360 - Aug 22, 2007 23:22
Seriously everytime I hear something this stupid it' s americans doing it.

Then all of you guys wonder why the world has a general belief that americans are rather stupid.

But really electricity and water...what a nice combination. Maybe next time he' ll jump into a bath with his 360 still running.
Rezistik

• Total Posts : 24
RE: Boy Nearly Killed by Xbox 360 - Aug 22, 2007 23:33

ORIGINAL: Demonoroth

Seriously everytime I hear something this stupid it' s americans doing it.

Then all of you guys wonder why the world has a general belief that americans are rather stupid.

But really electricity and water...what a nice combination. Maybe next time he' ll jump into a bath with his 360 still running.

tehre is alwasy the fact that our media likes to sensationalize ever idiotic mistake we make...and he was 8..fucker shoudla died tbh...
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Boy Nearly Killed by Xbox 360 - Aug 22, 2007 23:53
He survived, that means he' s a strong person when it comes to natural selection. Of course, he' s obviously not a smart guy, but since he survived something most others would' ve died from he IS a strong individual.
Who needs a brain when you can survive without one eh?

Natural Selection ALWAYS work. The system is flawless.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Boy Nearly Killed by Xbox 360 - Aug 23, 2007 02:13
is this guy serious ?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Boy Nearly Killed by Xbox 360 - Aug 23, 2007 06:16

Natural Selection ALWAYS work. The system is flawless.

I would say that it' s always working but it doesn' t always work (the way it should). Case in point: There was this fat fuck working in a sperm bank, and he kept replacing the samples with his own semen. By the time he was caught they think that he had something like over 30 illegitement children. In this example there was no selection.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Boy Nearly Killed by Xbox 360 - Aug 23, 2007 11:21
That' s like the most terrible crime I' ve ever heard of. They should kill all his children to make sure his genes do not pass on.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Boy Nearly Killed by Xbox 360 - Aug 23, 2007 16:14

Some people just get too attached to their 360
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Boy Nearly Killed by Xbox 360 - Aug 23, 2007 16:16
That boy was me!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages