Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3 - Aug 04, 2008 19:20
According to Tech Radar

Bethesda's Peter
Hines, whowas in London to show off the mighty fine looking Fallout 3, toldTechRadar that the Xbox 360 was very much Bethesda's lead machine onthe title.
"If you have the PC as your lead machine you have theproblem of not knowing what configurations people have, how many gigsof RAM or what graphics card they have," explained Hines.
"Obviouslywe are more familiar with the Xbox because we have used it for longerand the other thing is that the Xbox is much easier to take to techshows.
"We can just pop the hard-drive off the Xbox and put iton any machine which is an advantage. Taking the PC or PS3 to thesethings just isn't convenient."
DLC and Fallout 4
Hines also talked about the downloadable content for Fallout 3 insisting that exclusive for Xbox 360 and PC meant exactly that.
"When I say exclusive I mean it is exclusive to just the Xbox 360 and PC.
"If you want to play the Fallout 3 downloadable content you will need to have an Xbox 360 or a PC."
Finally, Hines was good enough to confirm that there are plans to extend the Fallout franchise to a fourth game.
"We didn't buy the Fallout franchise to just do Fallout 3 and then stop," he said.
"But let's get this one out of the door before we worry about the next one.

This is why i prefer the PC as best gaming platform and i don't think they will ever stop making a Fallout game.
<message edited by the_shadowwolf on Aug 04, 2008 19:23>
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3 - Aug 04, 2008 19:26
Yes, but what about the Sony 360, or the Microsoft PS3? What do they think about those?
the_shadowwolf

Re:Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3 - Aug 04, 2008 19:36
Eddie_the_Hated

Yes, but what about the Sony 360, or the Microsoft PS3? What do they think about those?

I don't think they gave any taught and  consideration to those systems
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3 - Aug 05, 2008 01:26
I wasnt impressed with oblivion and to be honest i do not like the way fallout 3 is turning out, the art is great but its so generic looking.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3 - Aug 05, 2008 02:24

Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wait.  Who the F is Bethesda?
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3 - Aug 05, 2008 03:03
They make Japanese softcore games.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Re:Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3 - Aug 05, 2008 06:21
You know what worries me about Fallout 3?  It's the way that in a handful of screenshots I've seen so far, there are very obviously duplicated/instanced buildings set side by side.  Buildings with the exact same damage, right next to each other... not even rotated so different sides face the player.  It's just a lack of attention to detail that pops me out of the world.  I want to like this game but it's got some graphics issues.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3 - Aug 05, 2008 06:24
hopefully they're still working on that stuff, I thought I noticed that too.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
Re:Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3 - Aug 05, 2008 09:05
Doesn't this translate into "we're lazy and can't be bothered to program for more than a single chip set"?
the_shadowwolf

Re:Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3 - Aug 05, 2008 13:40
Ornodeal

Doesn't this translate into "we're lazy and can't be bothered to program for more than a single chip set"?

I agree, all previous Fallout games were on the PC, consoles users should be happy they are getting a game well deserving.

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3 - Aug 05, 2008 16:13
the_shadowwolf

Ornodeal

I agree, all previous Fallout games were on the PC, consoles users should be happy they are getting a game well deserving.

Um... what?
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3 - Aug 05, 2008 16:27

...No.

Saying that this is the first Fallout game on a console is no excuse for a shoddy codehouse. I shouldn't feel lucky that it's on the 360 and PS3. They're deciding to release it, and I'm deciding to be just as critical as I am of any other title.

Besides, what does it matter if it's the first console Fallout title (Brotherhood of Steel notwithstanding)? Bethesda have been making console games since the mid-eighties.
the_shadowwolf

Re:Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3 - Aug 05, 2008 20:50
Eddie_the_Hated i have no problems with the console versions, i agree with Ornodeal with them being lazy.
What i don't like is that they prefer to use the XBox schematics vs a PC? Sure it is easier but does this mean more PC based developers are going to be using consoles as their "leading machine"? Thats what i meant.
immortaldanmx

Re:Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3 - Aug 06, 2008 19:39
You do realize that that the console version of Fallout 3 will be better than the PC version on medium settings? Programming on the 360's chipset is smart because it's easy to optimize and rather powerful. So to go from 360 to PC all that will be needed is to add support for some higher resolutions and vsync options. Youre a moron for thinking this will hurt the PC version, which will only sell a few hundred thousand at the most anyway. Even the PS3 version is going to outsell the PC version.
<message edited by immortaldanmx on Aug 06, 2008 19:42>
the_shadowwolf

Re:Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3 - Aug 07, 2008 17:14
immortaldanmx

You do realize that that the console version of Fallout 3 will be better than the PC version on medium settings? Programming on the 360's chipset is smart because it's easy to optimize and rather powerful. So to go from 360 to PC all that will be needed is to add support for some higher resolutions and vsync options. Youre a moron for thinking this will hurt the PC version, which will only sell a few hundred thousand at the most anyway. Even the PS3 version is going to outsell the PC version.

imortaldanmx you clearly didn't understand my point
and i will not need to stoop to your level with the name calling seing that moron is the only word in your vocabulary.
Have a nice day! ^_^
immortaldanmx

Re:Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3 - Aug 08, 2008 01:12
Would you prefer idiot or dumbass?

Its not my fault you cant articulate a coherent sentence. If you could maybe someone could understand you.
the_shadowwolf

Re:Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3 - Aug 08, 2008 02:54
immortaldanmx you poor fool.
I can do so much more, and it is your limited ability to comprehend that will leave you narrow minded.

Let me spell it out for you, of what i said in the last line of my post:
 "does this mean more PC based developers are going to be using consoles as their "leading machine"

English 101: That is my thesis, that is my argument.

Until you understand that then you can understand me.
Save your insolent comments and send them directly to my fan mail (pm=private message). Unless you have a good opinion to comment on the original topic then post it here and stop spamming the thread.
immortaldanmx

Re:Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3 - Aug 08, 2008 03:22
the_shadowwolf

immortaldanmx you poor fool.
I can do so much more, and it is your limited ability to comprehend that will leave you narrow minded.

"does this mean more PC based developers are going to be using consoles as their "leading machine"

English 101: That is my thesis, that is my argument.

Save your insolent comments and send them directly to my fan mail (pm=private message). Unless you have a good opinion to comment on the original topic then post it here and stop spamming the thread.

Really, I struggle to comprehend? In every thread your posts are a jumble of half-thoughts, stupid assumptions, run-on sentences, and abysmal grammar.

Really proving your point of how intelligent you are.

Do you really just like to throw "then" into every sentence?

Unless you have a good opinion to comment on the original topic then post it here and stop spamming the thread.

Once again, do you need a "then"?

I don't think they gave any taught and  consideration to those systems

You dont think they gave any taught(past tense and past participle of teach) to those systems?

Console users should be happy they are getting a game well deserving? 1, thats not a real sentence. 2, Fallout 3 IS a console game, as the 360 is the lead development platform.
<message edited by immortaldanmx on Aug 08, 2008 03:28>
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3 - Aug 08, 2008 15:36
Easy Dan. Being that aggressive really isn't conducive to a decent debate. Call names if you must, but back up your opinion with relevant information. The fact that Shadowwolf has shit grammar doesn't automatically make you correct.

They might, but it doesn't seem like a trend to me. It's not like other developers are waiting with baited breath to hear which techniques Bethesda is using in their next title.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Bethesda prefers Microsoft Xbox...sorry Sony PS3 - Aug 08, 2008 22:45
immortal stfu, you're a dolt.  Even your name is fucking stupid, IM GONNA PUT IMMORTAL IN MY NAME IM SO FUCKING CLEVER.  Get the fuck out of here.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message