Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Anyone interested in the hd era?
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
Anyone interested in the hd era? - Jun 03, 2006 00:38
I was just wondering how many people are interested in the hd era and your thoughts on it also info on sales and models (cos I can' t find anything much on it).

I found this

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1967652,00.asp

I think the' re are much better models out now.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Anyone interested in the hd era? - Jun 03, 2006 02:04
I would not buy it, slow, big and very expensive. Whats the deal with the wait to open the tray!?

I dont know know why everybody wants 1080p so much. Hell, hd isnt that great. Unless you have a side by side comparsion with an sd tv.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Anyone interested in the hd era? - Jun 03, 2006 02:14
I understand why PC monitors have to have high resolution since you sit so close to them but TV' s? Normally you should be viewing them several meters away. At such distances high-definition doesn' t really make that much of a differance.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Anyone interested in the hd era? - Jun 03, 2006 02:17
I still don' t get the huge bulky look but apparently they have been selling ok, saying that though I know someone who has a jvc th-a75r (I think) and it' s a dvd player and thats bulky too. I don' t think i' m too much into movies enough to shell out so much for one though, maybe if the 360 add-on is ok but I don' t think it' s on my list of things that I must get.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Anyone interested in the hd era? - Jun 03, 2006 03:44
I' m interested but not to the extent of 500$, I' ll just buy the add-on for 360 which is looking to be about <100$.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Anyone interested in the hd era? - Jun 03, 2006 12:22
I think the add on is going to be $150. Maybe I read that somewhere, but I don' t remember. It' s a helluva lot more reasonable than $500, that' s for sure.

I' d have to disagree with Silentbomber and ginjirou, though. The difference between SD and even 720p is HUGE. I turned on the Pistons game today (They lost, dammit! ) and I mistakenly put it on SD ESPN, and I thought someone put Vasaline on my projector lens!! It' s the same when I watch a DVD. It just seems so blurry once you' re used to HD!

I' m tellin' you, once you have HD in your home, it' s painful to go back!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Anyone interested in the hd era? - Jun 03, 2006 15:31
I agree with Chee

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages