Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Afrika trailer...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Afrika trailer... - Sep 20, 2007 17:04
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Afrika trailer... - Sep 20, 2007 21:33
Maybe take pictures or something to get points? There was one photographer running around with a camera. Maybe that' s the player.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Afrika trailer... - Sep 20, 2007 22:17
So it' ll be like Pokemon Snap without the rail-shooter aspect?
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Afrika trailer... - Sep 21, 2007 16:50
I dunno what it is, only that Phil Harisson said it were non-violent. :)
I assume he means that we don' t have a mini-gunner to go on rampage in the herds, but a predator animal will still get their food.

I read something from a dude on the Neogaf-forum were he mentioned something about a huge sandbox game, i.e we were supposed to take over the various animals, and do missions with them (i.e. you' re a crocodile sneak up on the antilopes wich is drinking, or if you' re a leapard hunt down the limping zebra and eat it), as you progressed onwards you earnt survival points wich unlocked other and more animals.
The man on the car were when you unlocked a the ' human-animal' at a later level, wich then turned out to be a park ranger, or a documentary person...
I think it were only speculation, but it sounded cool as he imagined it..

I' ve allready ordered the Planet Earth bluray tough, so I will get my nature-fix anyway, when Amazon.co.uk gets a new shipment, however I can see me buying it if it is gameplay elements in Africa.
I don' t think I will pay 40£ (wich is what Sony' s first party titles starts at) for a really advanced wallpaper-maker, unless there is very few games coming out.
If so, the simulation must be pretty extreme, and include everything from birds, to big insects, to the mammals. :)

It looks good tough, and everyone likes a mystery. :)

I just ordered games at Amazon.co.uk for around 400£ yesterday wich is coming out this year, and forgot to order the 3 I were supposed to buy (Uncharted, R&C, and Hot Shots Golf), so if it turns out a no-buy, I will probably survive.. :P

It' s beeing made in Japan tough, and since it' s non-violent I will probably wait for the localized version, if it' s suitable for my niece or nephew. :)
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Afrika trailer... - Sep 21, 2007 17:03
Wouldn' t it be cool if you could buy special items in the marketplace?

...as in a crossbow or a hunting Knife. I want to be able to drag the carcase onto the jeep and bring it to a skinner...make myself a nice Zebra coat.

Oh shit, I just gave myself a good idea completely unrelated to Afrika (yeah, sometimes I get them). Wouldn' t it be cool in PS3' s " Home" if you could collect rare items you earned in games? Say for example you bought a pimp suit in GTA 4, you' d be able to wear it in Home. Or maybe have trophies or framed pictures aquired in actual games. Obviously the developers of games would have to cooperate to make it work. Ideally the items would be very difficult to earn. Maybe they already have this planned, I don' t know. What do you guys think?
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Afrika trailer... - Sep 22, 2007 01:09

Wouldn' t it be cool in PS3' s " Home" if you could collect rare items you earned in games? Say for example you bought a pimp suit in GTA 4, you' d be able to wear it in Home. Or maybe have trophies or framed pictures aquired in actual games. Obviously the developers of games would have to cooperate to make it work. Ideally the items would be very difficult to earn. Maybe they already have this planned, I don' t know. What do you guys think?

They' ve mentioned that games could ship with items for home, and the avatar there.
I.e. the developers can make a mechanic suit for the home-avatars in Maya, and ship it with the game. They could also ship stuff for your apartment with the games..

Harrison also confirmed that items and clothing will be both free and premium depending on the piece, and that playing certain games unlocks even more bonuses. - from IGN.

There should be a some Home-documentation for the developers for the developers wich were leaked to the net, during GDC I think, but can' t recall where I saw it. But you can probably google it.

I also seen a Sony-patent on Dress(Heart) or something, I think that is something wich goes into Home, if I recall correct; it were about designing your avatars with fancy clothes, forinstance if if you wanted you could create a Heavenly Sword T-shirt for a home-avatar.
You could also just click click a button to get the same T-shirt sent to you in the mail, for wearing in reallife. :-)
But abit unsure if the last part were something wich said in the patent, or if it were something I speculated on when reading about it tough. :-/
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Afrika trailer... - Sep 23, 2007 09:33

Oh shit, I just gave myself a good idea completely unrelated to Afrika (yeah, sometimes I get them). Wouldn' t it be cool in PS3' s " Home" if you could collect rare items you earned in games? Say for example you bought a pimp suit in GTA 4, you' d be able to wear it in Home. Or maybe have trophies or framed pictures aquired in actual games. Obviously the developers of games would have to cooperate to make it work. Ideally the items would be very difficult to earn. Maybe they already have this planned, I don' t know. What do you guys think?

Somewhere outside your house Phil Harrison is watching with a pencil and a notebook
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Afrika trailer... - Sep 23, 2007 09:55

thumbs up
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Afrika trailer... - Sep 23, 2007 10:46
Maybe This would give you a good idea. PC demo has been out for ages.

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Afrika trailer... - Sep 23, 2007 14:13
Its called Afrika, they shouldve made a tribal warfare sim instead of some lame safari crap.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Afrika trailer... - Sep 23, 2007 14:50

I' ve allready ordered the Planet Earth bluray tough, so I will get my nature-fix anyway, when Amazon.co.uk gets a new shipment, however I can see me buying it if it is gameplay elements in Africa.

I bought it the other day in store. $90 CDN is a lot, but I figured it would be worth it. Turned out to be one of my favorite video purchases to date. Some of the shots are just amazing and really show off what a 1080p screen can do. I also have yet to find a person that doesn' t want to watch it, or is bored by it. Not to mention that it shows you so many things you have never seen before, or only seen a picture of. Just wait till you see the panning shots of the crocodiles feeding at the river in Africa, one of the panning shots in the middle of the action is amazing.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll