Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 AMD release something awesome
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
AMD release something awesome - Jun 18, 2008 20:22
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: AMD release something awesome - Jun 18, 2008 22:39
ATI\AMD getting ahead of the graphics again?

Time will tell.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: AMD release something awesome - Jun 18, 2008 23:03
This is why console/generalized media sites should not be allowed to report on things outside of their area of focus. Especially console fanboy sites. They have absolutely no idea what they' re doing.

First off. Yes it looks amazing. Glad we got that out of the way.

Now back to reality. This is basically marketing propaganda. It' s a tech demo presented at Computex. Like clockwork, every new generation of graphics cards hails a new tech demo from Nvidia/AMD, along with a few paragraphs on how it' ll redefine the world and solve AIDS at the same time. These demos are not an indicator of the real world. They are specifically programmed for a particular video card, take advantage of exact hardware, and these static representations do little else. Go back to 2003 and you can see now that we' re only just starting to approach the tech demo stuff from that era in games today.

The release of RV770/GT200 are not going to mean photorealism. They are the same steady and continuous steps that have happened for the last decade. Sure, games will eventually look like that but for now, it' s just as fanciful as the stuff you see in movies.

It makes me wonder if any sort of quality control is employed at websites like this. Do they have an editor? Someone to tell them what' s idiotic and what' s not. It has no relevance to Xbox or any kind of console. This isn' t even an article, it' s a paragraph with a cut and paste job on it. Is that all it takes to be a journalist these days? Put something in the wrong context, write 50 words, CTRL+C, CTRL+V, and then slap my name on it? It' s no wonder why there are so many uneducated fanboys around. They get fed this dribble and promptly jerk off to it.

(I' m not targeting anyone here, just venting).
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: AMD release something awesome - Jun 18, 2008 23:10
TeamXbox is owned by IGN.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: AMD release something awesome - Jun 19, 2008 06:10
Why is the camera so shaky and why does it keep going out of focus? I' ll tell you why... they' re using those methods to " add" to the realism because they think that nobody on the planet can hold a damn camera steady or keep it in focus. Even the PS2 can do those effects. Anyway it really didn' t look very special.

Show me something impressive, please.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message