Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 360 in trouble due to disc space?
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 41
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: 360 in trouble due to disc space? - May 20, 2007 01:55

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Yeah, since the games themselves don' t need the extra space, lets just stick free HD movies on the disc too. Y' know, pad it out...

Just you wait! Today developers re-use textures and stuff for the whole game but with the PS3 and Blu-ray every single object in the game will have it' s own unique textures!!!!
And voice acting in 25 languages, bonus material, hours of developer documentaries in HD, an episode of The Simpsons, and a super-HD BMP pic of Ken Kutaragi kicking Billy G. in the nuts!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: 360 in trouble due to disc space? - May 20, 2007 04:37
Yes,wow amzing tiz,lets see how that work out.
Which games and movies can be put in the same box.

ahum...

Spiderman...

... Batman?

Seriously it sounds good but it will be only crap games that sell movies,heck the game quality on those games will probably be even less then.

FF13 on more then 2-3 dvd' s would be the crappiest game ever,because then they just use lots of HD in a neon Hi tech world,omg that sux donkey balls,just as much as you suck them Ginjirou.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: 360 in trouble due to disc space? - May 20, 2007 06:40

ps1 could make better graphic

Erm... no. It was easy to develop for though.

Yeah, since the games themselves don' t need the extra space, lets just stick free HD movies on the disc too. Y' know, pad it out...

Does it cost the same as a game? If so, it' s ay-o-tay with me.
QuezcatoL

RE: 360 in trouble due to disc space? - May 20, 2007 09:16
well ik now ps1 was 32 and N64 " 64bit" but most ps1 game was in pair with n64,and s-e even beyond.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: 360 in trouble due to disc space? - May 20, 2007 10:22

Yes,wow amzing tiz,lets see how that work out.
Which games and movies can be put in the same box.

What' s Swedish for sarcasm?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: 360 in trouble due to disc space? - May 20, 2007 10:24
sarkasm
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: 360 in trouble due to disc space? - May 20, 2007 10:33

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

sarkasm

lmfao.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: 360 in trouble due to disc space? - May 20, 2007 11:49

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Just you wait! Today developers re-use textures and stuff for the whole game but with the PS3 and Blu-ray every single object in the game will have it' s own unique textures!!!!

You' d run into serious problems fitting unique textures for every indivdual gameworld object through the framebuffer. It' s nice in theory but i practice there are limitations and ofcouse the added cost.

Adding Hard Boiled is cool o the one hand, as long as the PS3 version of the game doesn' t fall short in any other area compared to the 360 version, ...but it also adds insult to injury. Sony keep claiming that the additional space is necessary. Not convenient or nice to have, ....but actually necessary. Yet you can fit an entire HD movie on the (25GB) disc along with multiple uncompressed audio tracks.

But yeah, if you have both a 360 and PS3, and both versions of the game are technically identical, the movie is a nice bonus for PS3.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: 360 in trouble due to disc space? - May 20, 2007 13:03
Eventually it will be.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: 360 in trouble due to disc space? - May 20, 2007 16:02
You know since many Xbox360 games include an online multi player component, uh why the *** don' t they just put the MP on one disk and single player on the other???

What would be the drawbacks to that?
< Message edited by Mass X -- 20 May 07 8:05:23 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: 360 in trouble due to disc space? - May 21, 2007 01:53

ORIGINAL: Mass X

You know since many Xbox360 games include an online multi player component, uh why the *** don' t they just put the MP on one disk and single player on the other???

Inconvenience.

If developers kept this multi-disc mentality we' d be playing X360 and PS3 games that span 15 CDs today, it' s stupid, space needs to be maximized sooner or later, no one will argue that by next gen all console media needs to be high capacity (except for Nintendo, if they pull another Wii), so why wait for it when you can start now.
< Message edited by Evil man -- 20 May 07 17:57:35 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: 360 in trouble due to disc space? - May 21, 2007 03:25
How could it be inconvenient to swap between playing single player and multi-player? They tend to be practically different games entirely anyways. So technically it' d be no different then swapping out one disc to play something else. People tend to focus more on one or the other anyways.

I do agree splitting the single-player would be a bit more inconvenient. And yes of course next gen will pretty much be a no brainer.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 20 May 07 19:26:32 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: 360 in trouble due to disc space? - May 21, 2007 12:20
It would just be awkward for lazy people to have to stand up and walk over to the disk tray and put the game in.

...Didnt M$ say something like, if DVD' s started to fail that they could make a blue ray drive for the 360? Or am i thinking things?
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: 360 in trouble due to disc space? - May 21, 2007 17:36
They keep coming out with the line that they are fully behind HDDVD and will continue to support it, but ultimately they are in business to make money, so if HDDVD goes belly-up they will move to Blu-ray.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: 360 in trouble due to disc space? - May 21, 2007 17:43

ORIGINAL: Mass X

Actually, if you look at GRAW/2 and their multiplayer modes, ...they not only use a completely different engine but also different texture sets, sounds, models etc. Moving the online part of the game to a 2nd disc would free up a large amount of space.

If disc space does start to become an issue then i expect that this is something that will be considered.
ginjirou

RE: 360 in trouble due to disc space? - May 21, 2007 18:20
Those extra GB' s might not be necessary all the time, but they' re not doing any harm. And I' m sure that with time people will come up with really cool things to do with that extra space.

To put things simple:
You can never have too much disk space.
Only too little.
QuezcatoL

RE: 360 in trouble due to disc space? - May 21, 2007 19:09

What' s Swedish for sarcasm?

Did you see my guns over XBL?
Don' t joke with me again :P
QuezcatoL

RE: 360 in trouble due to disc space? - May 21, 2007 19:11

Those extra GB' s might not be necessary all the time, but they' re not doing any harm. And I' m sure that with time people will come up with really cool things to do with that extra space.

To put things simple:
You can never have too much disk space.
Only too little.

Yeah I agree,but people sound like xbox360 gonna need 3-4 dvd' s per future game.
While Mass effect and oblivion is on 1 dvd9.
I mean,its not like games will be double in size and look twice as good,come on.

2 dvd' s might be in the future for some truly epic games with non CGI,but more then 2?
Get real.
ginjirou

RE: 360 in trouble due to disc space? - May 21, 2007 19:56
I don' t think the PS3' s Blu-ray makes the 360 any less as a gaming console, but it' s a nice feature that adds those little extra " ohhh' s" and " aahhh' s" we all love.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: 360 in trouble due to disc space? - May 23, 2007 08:19
360 is teh doomed
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 41

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages