Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!!
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 43
ys

• Total Posts : 532
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 10, 2008 17:42
Nitro

I think you have special needs. Either that or your from a completely different planet.

He wouldn't buy Mirror's Edge anyway because he only owns a Wii, ...but then you wouldn't know that because you only pop in every now an again. How about you mind your own business and see Emo about that dodgy sarcasm detector.

Now that we're mentioning special needs. Isn't English your first language? Just wondering because I assume that it's written "you're" not "your". Not sure though, being from a different planet etc.  

And if you payed any attention, being here all the time after all, you would have noticed that he has had his Playstation Network code in his signature before.

<message edited by ys on Oct 11, 2008 12:53>
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 11, 2008 04:21
Demonoroth

I think thats the most interesting post youve made

And I seriously doubt Kojima ever even gave that thought so much as a cursory glance. He is motherfucking Kojima, not a Nintendo executive. He's in the business of telling great stories, not printing money.

Also, have you gotten to actually play this yet, Nitro? If you cant discuss it I understand.
<message edited by immortaldanmx on Oct 11, 2008 04:53>
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 11, 2008 07:30
Kill myself??? Hah you got to be kidding me.

The only time I'll even consider killing myself would be when I actually start listening to self important ego boosting men like you on the internet.
Seriously you shouldn't make yourself seem so all high and mighty it is rather pathetic you know. Always makes me laugh whenever I see people like that on the internet.

And me only owning a Wii? Man you really need to keep up to date if you want to make a personal comment like that. Cause if you're wrong it only makes you seem like an idiot, which is rather embarrasing you know

But hey whatever not like I give a damn about all the tough guys and their I'm high and mighty acts on the net anyways I rather find it amusing how people make themselves feel better than someone else in that way.

It is kinda sad though how this forum went down hill. All was fine for the years that I just read the forum instead of posting. The only reason I actually joined and started writing was because this place didn't have so much idiots. Well it seems all was fine until someone start acting like god and a bunch of idiots started kissing his ass, but guess that's just the stupidity of humanity.

Ooh and Nitro you can throw any insult you can think of at me...I really don't care you know, it's not like it gets to me. I find it rather amusing how people like you seem to have the need to make themselves superior over others in such a way. Maybe you'll understand what I mean with all this once you mature a bit more and get over your teenage superiority complex. Until then you're not really worth my time. So this will be the only time I actually reply to one of these stupid remarks, in such a way, that always seem to come out of your mouth once somebody doesn't agree with your "godly" vision.

Anyway Nitro and his elite club of ass kissers on this forum (you know who you all are) should learn to be a bit more respectful of others views on matters. It might actually return this forum to how it used to be. So Kikizo forum "God" and his faithful apostels don't even bother writing up a reply to this cause I really don't give a damn.

And now to go back on topic a bit

And yeah Immortal that really is the best post I ever made to such stupid comment like Nitro's on forums. Guess the only reason I'm writing this is because I'm slightly drunk and don't feel like being nice towards people who talk out of their ass just to keep the topic from turning into an idiotic arguement.

As for the Kojima idea, indeed he probably didn't really think much about that. But still it's still one of the ideas he had. Not like it's actually something you could put on the market. But it might be usuable in a lesser degree especially in stealth games like MGS, Tenchu and Thief. Instead of having to rebuy it, making it so you can't play the game for a while when you die. Making you think about being more stealthy and making you think more about the route you're going to take and your every action in the game.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 11, 2008 17:33
Its an interesting idea, but of course one of the main reasons people play games is because its like life but there are no serious real world consequences.

Its like saying you should make a game where whenever you kill someone in the game, a small african child will suddenly explode.  I dont think that would sell. 

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 11, 2008 18:06
You would be surprised. The consumer is none too discerning when it comes to a bit of the ol' ultraviolence.

I'm writing this is because I'm slightly drunk and don't feel like being nice towards people

Heh...
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 11, 2008 18:14

Its an interesting idea, but of course one of the main reasons people play games is because its like life but there are no serious real world consequences.

Unless of course years of playing FPS games encourages a person to actually join the military in real life. 

Hey Immortal, how is that working out for you?
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 11, 2008 18:40
Dan, you're Army Reserve right?
immortaldanmx

Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 11, 2008 19:23
National Guard. I really dont do anything other than train 1 weekend a month until theres a hurricane or similar. My unit just got back from Kosovo, so Im pretty much cleared on being deployed, at least for the next 2 years.

And FPS's didnt encourage me to join, a $20K bonus and free college did.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 12, 2008 09:09
The Kojima comment was more of a philosophical discussion, as opposed to some kind of game he was planning, if I remember correctly.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 12, 2008 19:51
Kojima is so existentialist in thinking, you can't even take what he's said as a quote from Kojima.

We need more thinkers like him in the Western market (along with a few realists to balance him out) but he just doesn't seem to be on planet earth.

What are you going to college for?
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 12, 2008 20:35
I'm not sure that existentialist is the right word, but he calls every aspect of gaming into question.  Often quite humorously.
immortaldanmx

Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 13, 2008 04:39
Eddie_the_Hated

Kojima is so existentialist in thinking, you can't even take what he's said as a quote from Kojima.

We need more thinkers like him in the Western market (along with a few realists to balance him out) but he just doesn't seem to be on planet earth.

What are you going to college for?

Electronics.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 13, 2008 04:46
Whoops... I was typing what I was talking at the time.

Good to know there's still people here who can call me out when I flub a big word though.

Let's try something a little more fitting, like eccentric.

<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Oct 13, 2008 04:48>
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 13, 2008 04:49

electronics

Isn't that the kind of thing you tell your parents and family members at Thanksgiving dinner when they ask you what you're going to college for?

"So sport, I hear you're pretty whiz with those computers eh? You should get a degree in computers! I hear there's a lot of jobs with computers now...."
immortaldanmx

Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 13, 2008 05:11
Eddie_the_Hated

electronics

Isn't that the kind of thing you tell your parents and family members at Thanksgiving dinner when they ask you what you're going to college for?

"So sport, I hear you're pretty whiz with those computers eh? You should get a degree in computers! I hear there's a lot of jobs with computers now...."

Lol, no, but Ive had a few good laughs at that very topic, a "degree in computers". My family is trying to get me into heating/cooling, b/c my great-uncle owns a heating/cooling business. I wanted to get a major in electronics and minor in something like being an electrician or something automotive related.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 13, 2008 08:10
Ah, the rejects unite... how very cute. Seriously, kill urselves plz!!!!1!! Either that or start a shrimp company ;)

Now, I tried to take your comments on board... but i'm not sure i can take a guy who has no concept of sarcasm, and picks me up on my grammar only to ask "It's English your first language" - then edit the next day to "Isn't English your first language" ....and a guy who is in an exclusive "relationship" with a girl who he has never met and who lives 10 thousand (?) miles away seriously.

I don't have a God complex, I'm just a proud asshole who knows a fuck ton about videogames, and is... on occasion...wrong.

RE: Mirror's Edge

I played a WIP build a couple of months ago. I'm not bound by a specific NDA but rather the terms of my contract. The storyline is pretty much completely out of bounds... but it'll depend on what you want to know. If you just want to know whether I personally think it's worth picking up over any of the other big hitters releasing in the next few months... it's not going to be for everybody. First-person free-running was always going to be difficult to pull off. Great concept and acceptable execution... and it's fun, but in my personal opinion... some people will probably be left wanting more. The demo should be available in 3 weeks time, and obviously i'll post my own personal impressions of that when it goes up. What i will say is that the game works better than i had expected with a pad. I'll probably get the PC version initially (ahead of the DLC) and play it with a 360 pad.
ys

Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 13, 2008 10:42
Nitro

[<font]Ah, the rejects unite... how very cute. Seriously, kill urselves plz!!!!1!! Either that or start a shrimp company ;)
[<font] 
Now, I tried to take your comments on board... but i'm not sure i can take a guy who has no concept of sarcasm, and picks me up on my grammar only to ask "It's English your first language" - then edit the next day to "Isn't English your first language"

No concept of sarcasm? In real life people tell me that I'm often too sarcastic or ironic. Just telling someone to kill himself for mentioning someone else's concept didn't really give me a sarcastic impression. Well, it's especially hard to detect out of context and in text form. 

And do you also keep track of people's edits here?! Besides that, of course I edit typo's when I see them. I do so everywhere. Well, that is, IF I see them since English is my third language.

And where do you get the "reject part" actually? Those who don't agree with you here are automatically rejects then? :P Or is it just because I don't post as much over here as the regulars? I'm not here to gather any popularity points or whatever. It doesn't interest me the least. I just registered once after lurking for a long while and decided to "kind of" stick around.

But you know, whatever :P This argument is silly and I'm not someone who likes to argue for ages anyway. It leads nowhere and is a waste of time for all involved ;)

That being said, I'm curious how the game will turn out since I liked the different, graphical style and concept of it. I'm wondering if the running is the biggest part or the more FPS like parts.

Nitro

Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 13, 2008 10:52
Combat plays a minor role. Well, it plays as much of a role as you make it really, but compared to other FPP games it definitely takes a back seat. It's initially as much of a breath of fresh air as Portal was, ...but in my personal opinion... it's too linear.

It's going to be a trilogy though so there's plenty of room for expansion and enhancement yet.
ys

Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 13, 2008 11:26
Hm, that was actually what I was hoping for. That combat wouldn't be the main thing. But being linear as you said could maybe hurt this kind of game a bit. Less of a sense of running around freely I assume.
Nitro

Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 13, 2008 12:33
Being linear doesn't make it any less enjoyable to play, but i can see it damaging the replay value. It's story driven and uses some kickass tech so the game design needs to be linear in nature, ...and for the most part that's fine, but i have some reservations about the title as a whole.

For me, it's a game that will really come into it's own on PC... with the various mods and tweaks etc...
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 43

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message