Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!!
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 43
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 08, 2008 22:23
LINK

The single player looks like it will be fantastic, but I am just wondering if there will be any MP component to this game? I hope there will be because this would be a great MP experience and a nice change from the abundance of FPS MP out there.

Can't play the game yet, but for now it's time to dust off that copy of District B-13 or watch whatever other favorite freerunning vids or movies that you have and enjoy what I believe to be one of the most exciting non-mainstream sports in the world.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 09, 2008 05:02
If they don't already have a multiplayer component in mind, they should skip it.

I'd rather have it absent than bring down the quality of a soon to be amazing game.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 09, 2008 05:54
I wonder if there will be any difference between the PS3 and 360 versions?  I don't give a rat's ass about multiplayer, so if the 360 version is the best, then I'll get it despite the fact that I refuse to pay for Xbox Live Gold... though I am kind of afraid my 360 will die or something.
<message edited by Joe Redifer on Oct 09, 2008 05:56>
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 09, 2008 06:15
Multiplayer ideas:

-cops and robbers
-turf war
-Capture the flag
-team deathmatch
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 09, 2008 07:54
Where do you get your inspiration?
Joe Redifer

Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 09, 2008 07:57
Probably the used game store.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 09, 2008 08:07

Probably the used game store.

I was going to say Torr's mom but your guess isn't far off.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 09, 2008 09:19
Still love the idea of this whole game...but the more videos I see the more I start having the feeling that I'll get motion sickness from this one. Normally I don't really have a problem with it but when I'm watching vids of this game something just doesn't feel completely right.

I'll probably will still be able to play it but a lot of people will probably end up getting sick which is a shame cause it really looks like a great game.

As for the MP...I don't really care about it and I'm not sure if it would be good to have it in there. Having MP just for the sake of being able to say that you have MP is just stupid. If you have a great single player game that's just fine.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 09, 2008 19:30
I like the idea behind Mirrors Edge, it looks pretty and stylish.  But I dont think DICE have executed the freerunning well.  It feels jerky when freerunning should always look smooth.  Assassins Creed seemed to pull that part off better. 

And the whole green and red business to tell you where you need to be going, with levels designed purely for platforming than any sort of realism, and enemies with guns that dont know how to shoot someone (free)running right towards them - its all a bit iffy to me.
Joe Redifer

Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 09, 2008 23:08
If you want realism, then you'd be dead on the first level of most games.  No continues... ever.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 09, 2008 23:21

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 10, 2008 02:51

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 10, 2008 04:34
Eddie_the_Hated

choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 10, 2008 08:38
Heh. I did mean any kind of reaslism though, not a simulation as such.  Y'know, walkways that were meant to be walked across.  I dunno maybe I'm just getting old. :P
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 10, 2008 12:27
The only multiplayer component that should even be considered is some kind of race type of objective.  You know, who can escape from the building quickest, or reach some goal across town, or some such thing.  No deathmatch.  I suppose capture the flag would work.
Demonoroth

Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 10, 2008 13:46
Joe Redifer

If you want realism, then you'd be dead on the first level of most games.  No continues... ever.

Kojima actually had an idea for something like that.

Pay for the game, play the game, if you die...it's over done, can't play the game again want to play it pay for it once more. Well that was the raw form of an idea he had atleast.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 10, 2008 13:50
Demonoroth

Kojima actually had an idea for something like that.

Pay for the game, play the game, if you die...it's over done, can't play the game again want to play it pay for it once more. Well that was the raw form of an idea he had atleast.

Kill yourself please.

And don't buy Mirror's Edge. That's one sale we don't want.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 10, 2008 14:39
Ehm, comprehension problems/anger issues? He mentioned an idea that KOJIMA had and you tell him to kill himself lol
Besides that, he replied neutrally to what Joe said. So what does him (not) buying Mirror's Edge or sales have to with the mentioned concept? 

PS I think that those who actually own EA couldn't care less about who buys their games as long as it brings in money. 

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 10, 2008 15:31
ys

Ehm, comprehension problems/anger issues? He mentioned an idea that KOJIMA had and you tell him to kill himself lol
Besides that, he replied neutrally to what Joe said. So what does him (not) buying Mirror's Edge or sales have to with the mentioned concept? 

PS I think that those who actually own EA couldn't care less about who buys their games as long as it brings in money.

I think you have special needs. Either that or your from a completely different planet.

He wouldn't buy Mirror's Edge anyway because he only owns a Wii, ...but then you wouldn't know that because you only pop in every now an again. How about you mind your own business and see Emo about that dodgy sarcasm detector.
Demonoroth

Re:2 New Mirror's Edge Vids!! - Oct 10, 2008 17:38

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 43

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages