Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 1:1 Sword Fighting still possible on Wii according to Miyamoto
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
1:1 Sword Fighting still possible on Wii according to Miyamoto - Jul 18, 2007 22:09
From IGN -

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/804/804252p1.aspx

In fact, judging by the phrasing of his response, Nintendo may already have a game underway.

" We haven' t announced anything, so I can' t speak about any particulars, but we do have a lot of ideas about how we could potentially use the Wii remote for something like that," Miyamoto told us.

If they introduce full 1:1 in the next installment of Zelda i will be beside myself. After the debacle that is Redsteel i put the idea of 1:1 sword fighting out of my mind. Even with Lucasarts talking about a Wii lightsabre game i just thought it would never be possible. Miyamoto comments have made me optimistic that we still could see this in future games.

1:1 sword fighting in Zelda and Starwars - yes please!!!
< Message edited by Terrak -- 18 Jul 07 14:14:17 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: 1:1 Sword Fighting still possible on Wii according to Miyamoto - Jul 18, 2007 23:20
1:1 ? what do u mean?

mimicking every single movement to the screen?
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: 1:1 Sword Fighting still possible on Wii according to Miyamoto - Jul 18, 2007 23:27
Yes indeed.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: 1:1 Sword Fighting still possible on Wii according to Miyamoto - Jul 18, 2007 23:35
I still don' t get why people think this is impossible. I mean if you can move the cursor on the screen to about every place, why shouldn' t you be able to control a sword in the same way?
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: 1:1 Sword Fighting still possible on Wii according to Miyamoto - Jul 18, 2007 23:36
that' s what i thought the wii was aaall about since day one, but after release.. i hope that' s true , it will be truly awesome and it will open a tremendous possibilties and gameplay element.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: 1:1 Sword Fighting still possible on Wii according to Miyamoto - Jul 18, 2007 23:51

I still don' t get why people think this is impossible. I mean if you can move the cursor on the screen to about every place, why shouldn' t you be able to control a sword in the same way?

I think it' s called " we developers are lazy since we have to work extra to get this right" .
They have to take into account the angle, distance etc. But it isn' t impossible of course.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: 1:1 Sword Fighting still possible on Wii according to Miyamoto - Jul 19, 2007 00:47
Nintendo had this thing in practice behind closed doors fo ages now. IF anyone ever got far on Wario: smooth moves you' ll even see a very simply but effective 1 on 1 sword-fighting mini-game.. i bet that was a fighting project they just decided to throw in WW.. Ive heard rumers they starting working on a proper Wii Zelda even before Zelda: TP was complete.

Nintendo (and other 3rd parties) has soo much more things to unwrap..
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: 1:1 Sword Fighting still possible on Wii according to Miyamoto - Jul 19, 2007 00:52
I' m not sure 1:1 fighting will ever work. When someone blocks your sword or if it hits something it will stop in the game, but as you' re playing you will probably go through with the cut. That means that you will have a hard time keeping up with the actions unless you play really carefull. And that will take away all the immersion and ultimately that' ll make the whole idea of 1:1 fighting completely useless.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: 1:1 Sword Fighting still possible on Wii according to Miyamoto - Jul 19, 2007 06:36
Of course it' s capable. There was no argument about that. The Red-Steel developers wanted to appeal to a " broader range of players" by taking out 1:1. AKA, they were lazy & paid the price.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll