Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 who here thinks that rockstar games are brain washing poeple?
vanswa garbutt

• Total Posts : 412
who here thinks that rockstar games are brain washing poeple? - Sep 07, 2004 17:33
i think that they are tring to brain wash us with their grand theft auto games.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: who here thinks that rockstar games are brain washing poeple? - Sep 07, 2004 17:55
In this industry, for the most part, the highest-quality products tend to sell the most.

GTA is in that category.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: who here thinks that rockstar games are brain washing poeple? - Sep 07, 2004 18:12
vanswa garbutt can u please tell us how they are brain washing us.
vanswa garbutt

RE: who here thinks that rockstar games are brain washing poeple? - Sep 07, 2004 19:47
they are using their violent games and making poeple think that it is ok to hit people with bats. and drive cars into poeple!!!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: who here thinks that rockstar games are brain washing poeple? - Sep 07, 2004 19:53
Ummmm... it IS OK to hit people with bats and drive cars into people. I do it all the time. Not only is it fun, but it is morally acceptable.

Seriously, if you can' t differentiate between right and wrong when it comes to violence like the GTA series, it would be a good idea to not play video games at all. Or watch movies. Or television. Or read the newspaper. Etc etc...
vanswa garbutt

RE: who here thinks that rockstar games are brain washing poeple? - Sep 07, 2004 21:38
yeah your right joe your always right
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: who here thinks that rockstar games are brain washing poeple? - Sep 07, 2004 22:06
Halo is brainwashing me to believe that all short people are actually grunts and I should bash them with the blunt end of my rifle.

DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: who here thinks that rockstar games are brain washing poeple? - Sep 07, 2004 22:20
Funny...I' ve not really been affected by the GTA phenomenon...

I' m a Halo / Halo 2 freak....I see dead Covenant and Flood everywhere in my dreams...the way it should be...

whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: who here thinks that rockstar games are brain washing poeple? - Sep 07, 2004 23:22
GTA was a great game, revolutionary. Just so different to anything out there. I never played number two but GTA 3 was a big letdown. After the initial " wow, it' s a city in 3D" there wasn' t a lot to do. It bored me. I' d already done the driving round killing people thing in the first GTA too much. Vicy City though is the game GTA 3 *should* have been.

Anyway, Videogames don' t make me want to re-enact their content. We' ve had this discussion before recently but I think it' s impossible for any sane human being to do something like run around hitting people with bats " because they saw it in GTA" . It' s the people who' ve already something wrong in their head who do stupid stuff like that.
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: who here thinks that rockstar games are brain washing poeple? - Sep 08, 2004 00:09
Yeah they don' t make me want to act out the violence or brainwashing. It just leaves me to desire more of it... in video games. I just can' t wait for Grand Theft Auto San Andreas!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: who here thinks that rockstar games are brain washing poeple? - Sep 08, 2004 00:26

Ummmm... it IS OK to hit people with bats and drive cars into people. I do it all the time. Not only is it fun, but it is morally acceptable.

HELL YEAH it' s acceptable! I' m the one he hit with his car vanswa ;)
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: who here thinks that rockstar games are brain washing poeple? - Sep 08, 2004 00:32
I htink I put this online comic up b4 but its funny and fits with this thread
VG Cats - GTA

I think the most Rockstar does is desencitize (some word like that) in the same way that violent movies and other various media does. But I see rare very very very rare cases (if ne actually) in which video games or ne violent media really affects a person directly. Altho it does influence my day and night dreams. The game has sold to millions yet you dont see millions rioting around shortly after a taste of GTA goodness.
vanswa garbutt

RE: who here thinks that rockstar games are brain washing poeple? - Sep 08, 2004 00:42
hhahahaahahah lol lol lol lol thats funny terry. was it a hit@run????
fathoms

RE: who here thinks that rockstar games are brain washing poeple? - Sep 08, 2004 03:51

GTA was a great game, revolutionary. Just so different to anything out there. I never played number two but GTA 3 was a big letdown. After the initial " wow, it' s a city in 3D" there wasn' t a lot to do. It bored me. I' d already done the driving round killing people thing in the first GTA too much. Vicy City though is the game GTA 3 *should* have been.

I agree that VC was the better game (deeper, more fleshed out storyline and gameplay, etc.), but how exactly is it significantly different than GTA 3? This makes little to no sense to me, so I' m looking for an explanation. I mean, every single person I' ve met who likes GTA 3 also liked VC (and most actually prefer GTA 3), and those that did NOT like GTA 3 also did not like VC. They' re just so very similar in terms of gameplay...so I' m confused here.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: who here thinks that rockstar games are brain washing poeple? - Sep 08, 2004 04:09
Since Vice City uses a modified Grand Theft Auto 3 engine, both games are quite similar in ways..

I MUCH preferred Vice City for two reasons... Miami and 80s music, lol..

All that was lacking were the Miami Vice tunes of Phil Collins!
fathoms

RE: who here thinks that rockstar games are brain washing poeple? - Sep 08, 2004 13:17

I MUCH preferred Vice City for two reasons... Miami and 80s music, lol..

Damn skippy.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message