Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 E3 2006 predictions
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
E3 2006 predictions - Apr 21, 2006 23:33
Don' t post stuff that' s obvious like " Sony will show another MGS4 video" because that' s not a prediction, it' s a given.

Before i get to what i think could be announced at this years E3 i want to bring to light the rumoured 360 price cuts. It' s obviously just a rumour because it' s way too early to be talking about cutting the price of the console just yet. However, there are claims that Microsoft will cut the price of the premium pack by $100 and the core pack by $80, AND cut game prices by $10, ...all in October, 1 month before Sony launch PS3.

It would make sense, and since Gears of War should hit around that time it could have an effect on Sony' s sales if PS3 is as expensive as some think.

It' s also rumoured that the next GTA will be exclusive to 360 for an unspecified time and THAT too will launch to co-incide with the PS3 launch.

But like i said, they' re obviously just rumours.

On to what i see being announced at E3...

I' ll start with Microsoft and do the others later...

Microsoft will announce that Xbox Live online play will be made free. No monthly fee' s, with the only cost being to download things from Marketplace (trailers & demos will be kept free)

A bigger HDD will be announced, probably 80 - 100Gb to outdo Sony' s 60Gb.

Halo 3 will be officially announced and shown in video form, as will Forza 2, Fable 2 and Crimson Skies 2.

The DirecTV blade will be shown, and a list of content will be announced. In Japan Microsoft will secure the rights to distribute episodes of several popular Japanese anime series.

360' s camera, complete with Eye Toy-esque functionality will be demonstrated.

Microsoft and Sega will anounce that Dreamcast games will be made available via Xbox Live Arcade.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll