Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Graphics do Matter
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Graphics do Matter - Apr 17, 2005 16:48
People say these days, i dont care about the graphics its the gameplay that counts, i have heard it countless times; on forums, in mags, even my friends have been prone to say it once in a while. But do they mean it?

Everyday you see games being realsed each out doing each other with their great graphics, people come in and complain that only ' casual' gamers care about better graphics. and to a certain point that is true, but graphics are a part of games if you like it or not, and they cant be neglected. If you elimate grahics, you basicly elimate most of the gameing coummity and that would destory the industry.

So what do we do? ..nothing. yes thats right, we let the games get looking better and better even if the gameplay lacks, because everybody deep down knows that grahpics are a vital part of games. I heard of rumors of people crying when they saw the clip of the new Zelda game with its beatiful presentation. I dont think there was as many ' happy' tears shed when the wind waker was unviled, but the gameplay is the same. Look at Resident evil 4, the grahpics encance that game 10 fold, not because it ' just looks nice' but watching limbs explode in that mannor, never seen before is a new expirenace, we all should innocur. it woudnt have the same effect if it was on the ps1.

Now that we are going into the next generation, we hear people saying, ' Oh i dont want to get ' next gen console' as the current ones are great and there is still pleanty of life left in them, true, the curerent machines could be pushed to its limits but for one, would you perfer to play games like this:

[IMG]http://tinypic.com/4illko[/IMG]

or this:

[IMG]http://tinypic.com/4ilms0[/IMG]

I would certanily pick the first, Games with that kind of graphics look the part and do enchace the gameplay, only a fool would stay back and play gta:sa while everybody else is playing Gta: london on their ps3' s and xbox 360' s.

I rest my case.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message