Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Er who you gonna call....No really
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
Er who you gonna call....No really - Jan 16, 2007 01:19
Looks like there could be a ghostbusters game in the offing!!! According to OXM360 zootfly (a 3dgames dev) have posted some test footage of ghostbusters.

See the link below (warning does contain 1 use of strong language.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxNFmUmbm98

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etGWugTbGwk&NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ku4aQOmt0o&NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7SzmWyc37w&NR

just hope they still have the ultimate phrase " He slimed me!" in the game if it is produced.
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 15 Jan 07 17:23:51 >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Er who you gonna call....No really - Jan 16, 2007 01:41
Holy crap! That would be awesome! It' s funny cause I just bought the Ghostbusters movies on DVD yesterday and was thinking how awesome it would be if they made a game. I really hope this happens!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Er who you gonna call....No really - Jan 16, 2007 06:56
Dude! That would be great! I' d buy that one at launch, good or bad.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Er who you gonna call....No really - Jan 16, 2007 07:11
I used to love GhostBusters as a kid. I' m buying this game on day one.
alijay034

RE: Er who you gonna call....No really - Jan 16, 2007 07:15
Hopefully there will be some more trails and details in the very near future.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Er who you gonna call....No really - Jan 16, 2007 11:38
I played a lot of hours of the original Ghostbusters game by Activision... it wasn' t particularly a great game, I just loved the Ghostbusters so much as a kid! It could be lot of fun if it' s handled well. They gotta get that Bill Murray facial animation looking a lot better, though.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Er who you gonna call....No really - Jan 16, 2007 12:26
Many different Ghostbusters games have existed over the last 40 years since the movies were released, so this is about as exciting as " OMG a nu X-Man videogame is coming OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMOMGOGMOMGMMOG!!!!!! **explodes**" The point I am trying to make is that there should be far fewer exclamation points in the original post, as it is only a license and licenses never mean good games. In fact they usually mean bad games.
alijay034

RE: Er who you gonna call....No really - Jan 16, 2007 18:07
Joe what is your problem? There are only what 4 exclamation marks in the original post I made, and one of those is a direct quote from the original game. I think we get your point your not looking forward to it, fine, however this could be the first GB game to use next gen technology, so show a bit of enthusiasm especially as the dev company are a relatively small group who look to be bringing graphical excellence to the consoles that some of the bigger boys are quite frankly missing out on.

oh and it was about 20 years not 40 years since the original film came out, I remember as I was a teenager at the time.
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 16 Jan 07 10:08:56 >
Joe Redifer

RE: Er who you gonna call....No really - Jan 16, 2007 18:34
I only saw the exclamation points in the first sentence. I just find the enthusiasm over a movie license extremely odd, that' s all. I guess it' s titles that sell and not gameplay. How often have you played a movie game that ended up being good? Probably not as often as the bad ones, I' m betting. That' s also why I can' t understand people going apeshit with happiness over the fact that Sega is doing Aliens. And yes, I know the movie came out in the 80' s (' 84 I think it was?). I was just exaggerating like usual.

Anyway the Ghostbusters game for the Genesis kicks ass. The ones for the Sega Master System and NES, not so much. This new one looks like another FPS... kind of. And why would they change the car to " Ecto-2" ? And the new ghostbusters symbol? Bleh. It' s like taking The Thundercats and having WB redraw all of them, making it take place in modern times and having Snarf be the leader.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 16 Jan 07 10:41:19 >
alijay034

RE: Er who you gonna call....No really - Jan 16, 2007 20:05
My apologies I have had some disappointing experiences with film tie-ins too, however I was excited by the quality of what was being shown, not the content (maybe I should have rephrased my opening better.)
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Er who you gonna call....No really - Jan 16, 2007 20:53
I had a Ghostbusters game for my Atari 2600. Rock hard it was, but still great fun. I hope this new one turns out well too.
alijay034

RE: Er who you gonna call....No really - Jan 16, 2007 21:30
Unfortunately it looks to be good news, bad news time. This has been confirmed by Zootfly however as the link below confirms there could be a licensing issue around the corner....and guess who owns the license...anyone...anyone...Yep I believe it is still Sony and seeing as this looks to be for the 360 they might not be too open to the idea.

Have a read:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/articles/news/3rd_person/ghostbusters_zootfly_confirm_development!
Joe Redifer

RE: Er who you gonna call....No really - Jan 17, 2007 07:50

ORIGINAL: alijay034

I was excited by the quality of what was being shown

Well the Bill Murray face was pretty cool, if a bit creepy.
alijay034

RE: Er who you gonna call....No really - Jan 17, 2007 21:27
The reason for the change in the car and log is something to do with the licensing wrangle going on at the moment, hopefully when that is resolved the original logo will go back in. The car might stay the same due to a possible tie-in with Chrysler.

Just as an side Zootfly are looking to bring out a game called TimeO trailer is below, this comapny are well into next gen adventure games and their engine looks to be quite solid.

Check out their site for the trailers.

www.zootfly.com
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 17 Jan 07 13:32:10 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message